991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,420 Likes on 2,236 Posts

how much for the MR GT3 suspension pkg, springs etc?
Old 01-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 311RS
The Manthey Racing mag BBS wheels are available - they are the same size, offset, and weight as the factory Weissach wheels. The aero covers however, are only available with the complete MR package. Believe me, we have already asked!
Are the Manthey wheels different from the regular BBS Mag wheels sold after market?
Old 01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An update to the questions asked above:

1) The Pepita seat inserts are built using factory Porsche Pepita material and cushions.
2) On PCCB 991.2 GT3RS, front and rear pads are available. Only the front Manthey pads are available for 991.2 GT3RS units with steel brakes, with new rears are in development to cope with the new computer system.

A few pictures pulled from the catalog for reference:

Thank you! How much are the inserts and the front pads for steel brakes?
Old 01-09-2019, 04:23 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
how much for the MR GT3 suspension pkg, springs etc?
The upgrade kit for OEM dampers consists of the spring packers and shims is €985. If you are speaking of the KW 3-way dampers, those are more in the range of €8,395.

Originally Posted by Miamistv
Are the Manthey wheels different from the regular BBS Mag wheels sold after market?
Manthey Racing commissioned the WEC mag wheels from BBS for use on the 991 GT3RS. Which others are you referring to? Here's a quote about the wheel and a reference image (note the WEC branding on the outer lip):

"For our new wheel set suitable for the Porsche 991 GT3 RS we are using the design and technology being used in the Porsche 991 RSR which we raced in the season 2015 and won the WEC world championship. Our aim was to transform the technology from the race track to the street. Using the material Magnesium we were able to drop the weight dramatically and save 13kg compared to the original wheel set in similar size."

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Thank you! How much are the inserts and the front pads for steel brakes?
It's our pleasure - happy to see folks driving these cars and thus looking to upgrade them. Seat inserts are €1,999 and the front pads (steel) are €671.43.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

The upgrade kit for OEM dampers consists of the spring packers and shims is €985. If you are speaking of the KW 3-way dampers, those are more in the range of €8,395.

Manthey Racing commissioned the WEC mag wheels from BBS for use on the 991 GT3RS. Which others are you referring to? Here's a quote about the wheel and a reference image (note the WEC branding on the outer lip):

"For our new wheel set suitable for the Porsche 991 GT3 RS we are using the design and technology being used in the Porsche 991 RSR which we raced in the season 2015 and won the WEC world championship. Our aim was to transform the technology from the race track to the street. Using the material Magnesium we were able to drop the weight dramatically and save 13kg compared to the original wheel set in similar size."

It's our pleasure - happy to see folks driving these cars and thus looking to upgrade them. Seat inserts are €1,999 and the front pads (steel) are €671.43.
I have read this, but it still does not answer whether these wheels are different than the Mag wheels that BBS sells in general for the GT2 and GT3rs outside of what is being sold by Porsche.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

I have read this, but it still does not answer whether these wheels are different than the Mag wheels that BBS sells in general for the GT2 and GT3rs outside of what is being sold by Porsche.
Please post a link or image to the wheels you are referencing. The BBS magnesium wheels seen below - RE1757 (image courtesy of Supreme Power) are offered for the 991 GT3, 911 R, and 911 Turbo. They are a different design "6 spoke" design versus the "7 spoke" WEC wheels that were originally commissioned by Manthey - seen below in gold.

Happy to seek further clarification once we see which wheel you are referencing.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:56 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a set of the Manthey/BBS magnesium wheels on my GT3.

They are not exactly the same design as the Porsche-branded wheels sold with the Weissach package, but very similar.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:58 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,706 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Originally Posted by mafoofan
I have a set of the Manthey/BBS magnesium wheels on my GT3.

They are not exactly the same design as the Porsche-branded wheels sold with the Weissach package, but very similar.
Could you feel any difference (or measure laptime improvement) with the light rims?
Old 01-09-2019, 05:00 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Originally Posted by GrantG
Could you feel any difference (or measure laptime improvement) with the light rims?
I bought them purely for the aesthetics and ego boost

Never got to drive the car with the stock rims, as the mags were put on right after purchase.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

I bought them purely for the aesthetics and ego boost

Never got to drive the car with the stock rims, as the mags were put on right after purchase.
Such a pretty wheel. No on can blame you!

The following users liked this post:
hellboy_mcqueen (02-01-2020)
Old 01-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Please post a link or image to the wheels you are referencing. The BBS magnesium wheels seen below - RE1757 (image courtesy of Supreme Power) are offered for the 991 GT3, 911 R, and 911 Turbo. They are a different design "6 spoke" design versus the "7 spoke" WEC wheels that were originally commissioned by Manthey - seen below in gold.

Happy to seek further clarification once we see which wheel you are referencing.

Okay, thank you that was helpful. The BBS wheel sold by Porsche and the Manthey wheel has seven spokes. The other BBS wheel has six spokes. Do we know if there is any advantage of the Manthey wheel over the Porsche wheel?

Old 01-09-2019, 05:21 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Okay, thank you that was helpful. The BBS wheel sold by Porsche and the Manthey wheel has seven spokes. The other BBS wheel has six spokes. Do we know if there is any advantage of the Manthey wheel over the Porsche wheel?
To clarify, the non-RS GT3 wheels are the only magnesium BBS wheels with six spokes. The GT2 and GT3 RS magnesium wheels, whether the BBS-branded or Porsche-branded version, are seven spokes.

On the topic of Porsche WP vs. Manthey/BBS magnesium wheels, BBS tells me there is no discernible performance difference. The former is an iteration of the latter, with only immaterial aesthetic differences (see where the spokes meet the lip).
Old 01-09-2019, 05:23 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,706 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Do we know if there is any advantage of the Manthey wheel over the Porsche wheel?
Definitely. They cost half as much

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...MAGNESIUM.html
Old 01-09-2019, 05:23 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Such a pretty wheel. No on can blame you!

Love the gold! Looks great on a black car (and absolutely killer on a Graphite Blue one).

I got mine in satin titanium:

Old 01-09-2019, 05:39 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG

Definitely. They cost half as much

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...MAGNESIUM.html
Haha that and the Manthey units are actually available (or will be in Feb).

Love the gold! Looks great on a black car (and absolutely killer on a Graphite Blue one).

I got mine in satin titanium:
Such a sweet setup. Nice work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.