991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:25 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.

While in Germany for European Delivery this past September, we paid a visit to Manthey Racing. It had been four years since we last visited and my goodness their new service center is unreal. Before heading out on track later during the trip, we had a prototype version of their GT2RS extended water tank was installed on our GT2RS along with a set of Michelin Sport Cup 2R tires.

The next few days were spent testing the Manthey Racing water tank setup on our U.S. spec GT2RS with solid results at both the Nurbugring & Spa. The fast layout of Spa really exposed the need for additional capacity, especially as track temps were high and sessions were long running with RMA Trackdays.

The four other GT2RS owners at Spa were having to refill their factory water tanks after each session while we went all day (6 sessions) on a single fill up using the Manthey Racing unit.

Since our time overseas, we've been working out a plan to bring these tanks to the U.S.A. And happy to report we've just received our first batch of Manthey Racing GT2RS extended water tanks - these 10 pre-sold units are the first to arrive stateside, with exception to the unit in our GT2RS.

It’s worth noting that Manthey Racing themselves do not sell components in the U.S. market – we are now your source for these components in America.

Manthey Racing's plug and play GT2RS water tanks nearly triple the capacity of the factory system. Anyone that has driven a GT2RS knows the importance of the charge cooling system and the car’s thirst for distilled water! The intercooler sprayers do an incredible job of keeping temperatures on target.

We're proud to offer this solution here in the U.S.A. for GT2RS owners. These water tanks, along with the entire Manthey Racing catalog, are now available through 311RS. This includes the upcoming GT2RS MR package that was recently shown in detail at the Essen Motor Show. This same package is what Manthey Racing used on their GT2RS to go faster than any other road-legal lap car around the Nordschleife with a 6:40.3.

Our next batch of Manthey Racing GT2RS water tanks are due in a few weeks time. Two of the ten units are spoken for - they sell for €990 + shipping and duties, with this first batch of ten coming out to ~$1,400USD delivered to each GT2RS owner. Please contact us or click here today if you'd like to reserve a unit from our next shipment.

We're happy to discuss the full Manthey Racing catalog, so give us a call any time. And we'll have more to share from our project GT2RS as the car develops prior to our first track time of the year on February 25th.

-Ryan
Old 01-08-2019, 12:42 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Interested in the aero upgrades. Will they work on the .2 3RS...?
Old 01-08-2019, 01:28 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I would like to know if the water tanks shown above by OP are made out of aluminum painted in black? Please advise.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 01-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts

Although I assume that the water tanks are very light in aluminum, given the density of carbon fiber, their weight could be reduced by approximately 50% by making them in carbon.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Can u get the seat inserts

If so pm me price
Old 01-08-2019, 11:27 AM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Interested in the aero upgrades. Will they work on the .2 3RS...?
The aero upgrades are only available as part of the entire GT2RS MR package i.e. 3way KWs, brake pads & lines, etc. Their reasoning for this is that the aero upgrades improve the downforce so much that the other items are required. That said, I will inquire about the rear wing and canards for use on a GT3RS and report back.
Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
I would like to know if the water tanks shown above by OP are made out of aluminum painted in black? Please advise.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Water tank is aluminum and coated black - correct.
Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Although I assume that the water tanks are very light in aluminum, given the density of carbon fiber, their weight could be reduced by approximately 50% by making them in carbon.
I'm sure that would be the case. The tanks weigh 5lbs as is, with most of the weight coming from the connection piece to the factory tank, which would remain aluminum.
Originally Posted by Izzone

If so pm me price
Yes - they're €1,999.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:01 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

Great stuff!
Cannot wait to stop by and discuss track prep and mods for the GT cars.
Love that you are local to me...
Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Great to know there is now a U.S. based company to source these products. Good luck in this new venture.

Originally Posted by Izzone

If so pm me price
Ditto. I'm referring to the seat cushions covered in pepita which I'm assuming are Porsche OEM. Thank you.

EDIT: I see the price above so ignore my request, but please confirm the cushions and material are OEM. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:50 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Great stuff!
Cannot wait to stop by and discuss track prep and mods for the GT cars.
Love that you are local to me...
Let's do it! Give us a call, look forward to meeting you BlazinPond.
Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Great to know there is now a U.S. based company to source these products. Good luck in this new venture.

Ditto. I'm referring to the seat cushions covered in pepita which I'm assuming are Porsche OEM. Thank you.

EDIT: I see the price above so ignore my request, but please confirm the cushions and material are OEM. Thanks.
Emailed to confirm, will report back.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:41 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you get us the MR brake pads for steel brakes for a .2 3RS?

I saw on a V-Log that the .2 GT3 RS could only take the front MR brake pads b/c the rear pads messed with the ABS system. Any news regarding that?

Last edited by nlpamg; 01-08-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:17 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Can you get us the MR brake pads for steel brakes for a .2 3RS?

I read on a V-Log that the .2 GT3 RS could only take the front MR brake pads b/c the rear pads messed with the ABS system. Any news regarding that?
Those pads are available - I'll report back with info regarding your question about the rears. I hadn't heard that until now personally.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:05 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

An update to the questions asked above:

1) The Pepita seat inserts are built using factory Porsche Pepita material and cushions.
2) On PCCB 991.2 GT3RS, front and rear pads are available. Only the front Manthey pads are available for 991.2 GT3RS units with steel brakes, with new rears are in development to cope with the new computer system.

A few pictures pulled from the catalog for reference:

Old 01-09-2019, 02:12 PM
CYKBC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Curious about the wheels and that aero piece...

Old 01-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 311RS
An update to the questions asked above:

1) The Pepita seat inserts are built using factory Porsche Pepita material and cushions.
Thanks for the follow-up. Definitely a more economical way to get OEM pepita + cushions than going the CXX route.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:19 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CYKBC
Curious about the wheels and that aero piece...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261v70MAs2A&t=3s
The Manthey Racing mag BBS wheels are available - they are the same size, offset, and weight as the factory Weissach wheels. The aero covers however, are only available with the complete MR package. Believe me, we have already asked!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.