Sponsored by:

PCCB - Am I being too picky?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:03 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Thanks all. The wider net resulted in a hooked fish. Pulled the trigger on a Miami Blue w/ PCCB. I'm excited to be back in a GT car. Take delivery tomorrow.
That is awesome. That color combo with yellow calipers will be strong. Post some pics!
Old 01-07-2019, 09:12 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
Yes but hasn't this been also previously discussed? The difference in effective unsprung weight between PCCB's and irons is not as significant as just the unsprung weight because of the larger diameter of the PCCB's placing more mass at a greater diameter when compared to the smaller irons...
From Porsche...

Proven in motorsport, the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) is available as an option. On the new 911, the cross-drilled ceramic brake discs of PCCB now have a diameter of 410 mm at the front and 390 mm at the rear – for even more formidable braking performance.

Originating from the 911 Turbo S, PCCB features six-piston aluminium monobloc fixed brake calipers on the front axle and four-piston units at the rear – all painted in yellow – to provide braking forces that are considerably more powerful and, crucially, are exceptionally consistent.

PCCB enables shorter braking distances in even the toughest road and race conditions. Safety under high-speed braking is also improved thanks to its excellent fade resistance.

Another advantage of PCCB is the extremely low weight of the ceramic brake discs, which are approximately 50 % lighter than standard discs of a similar design and size. This results in better roadholding and increased comfort, particularly on uneven roads, as well as greater agility and a further improvement in handling.

Not cheap. But worth it imo.

Quick Reply: PCCB - Am I being too picky?