Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudest GT3 center bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 10:26 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Do bear in mind that peak hp and torque numbers are only one measurement of performance. The average over a range is important. In that regard, the average gain with the CMS is about 8 whp and 6 wtq. That’s still very good, considering that, by our estimation, most centers deletes will cost a couple HP especially as the RPMs climb.

We we are generally loathe to modify OEM exhaust systems as it’s far easier to detrimentally affect average power not to mention reliability. The GT3 center delete presents a unique opportunity to really make it better (and louder and sound more awesome)!
Old 01-03-2019, 10:46 PM
finalspeed
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GMG is the loudest I've heard
Old 01-03-2019, 10:47 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Do bear in mind that peak hp and torque numbers are only one measurement of performance. The average over a range is important. In that regard, the average gain with the CMS is about 8 whp and 6 wtq. That’s still very good, considering that, by our estimation, most centers deletes will cost a couple HP especially as the RPMs climb.

We we are generally loathe to modify OEM exhaust systems as it’s far easier to detrimentally affect average power not to mention reliability. The GT3 center delete presents a unique opportunity to really make it better (and louder and sound more awesome)!
On a 500 HP engine can someone really feel by their “seat of the pants” those increases? Probably not, but what’s encouraging is there’s not a loss in power, well done. Fully appreciate the effort to get the design right.
I went to YouTube and listened to some of the CMS sound clips...while not real world, I did like what I heard. Also, reviewed your website...your $500.00 off makes this a great buy....good grief I sound like a commercial.
PM sent.
JB
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 PM
ljahearn
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't comment on the loudness comparison but - the SW CMD did add a noticeable gain in acceleration on my 991.1, not to mention making it sound at 5500 F ASL like it does with the stock exhaust at sea level. A noticeable and worthwhile change, making my GT3 sound like a GT3 again
Old 01-03-2019, 11:13 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

CMS must be good...they have the same color GT3 as me!
PM sent.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:03 AM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

What does the actual CMS exhaust look like in terms of piping? Can only see the tips from the picture.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:12 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I have the original CMS on my .1 RS and it's the best sounding center delete that I have heard. I have owned fabspeed, sw, gmg.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:19 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman85
What does the actual CMS exhaust look like in terms of piping? Can only see the tips from the picture.
Second this request. Would like to see a photo of the actual bypass.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

if u just want loud. remove both side and ctr muffler.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:17 AM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

The one big downside of any aftermarket exhaust is drone. All center muffler bypasses increase noise but the sharkwerkes was the only one that rennlisters said did not add drone and that is what I have and can attest to no added drone. Worth a lot over a few db’s between one unti over another as you will learn to hate the drone much more than love the added noise.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:20 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by ohniner
The one big downside of any aftermarket exhaust is drone. All center muffler bypasses increase noise but the sharkwerks was the only one that rennlisters said did not add drone and that is what I have and can attest to no added drone. Worth a lot over a few db’s between one unti over another as you will learn to hate the drone much more than love the added noise.
100% on all counts!!
Old 01-04-2019, 11:23 AM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 35 Posts

Can’t say whether it’s loudest, by my Akra system is pretty damned loud. Any more volume would be too much.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:34 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ohniner
The one big downside of any aftermarket exhaust is drone. All center muffler bypasses increase noise but the sharkwerkes was the only one that rennlisters said did not add drone and that is what I have and can attest to no added drone. Worth a lot over a few db’s between one unti over another as you will learn to hate the drone much more than love the added noise.
At the risk of sounding like I'm just blowing the traditional smoke, I'll 100% guarantee there's no drone in the CMS exhaust (either then original infinity or the new dual-outlet). That was the first criterion that we tested to death (other than flow-bench and fitment, of course). We drove our development car as stupidly as we could. Valves open and closed, 2000 RPM cruise, 2500-3200 RPM lug (that's the typical dreaded drone spot), highway cruising, stoplight take-off in second and even third gear, grocery store parking lot, hot, cold, in between, 5mph rolling start, short shift, downshift. We couldn't make it drone or even get annoying under any circumstances (we don't consider the expected awesome flat-six wail annoying but our neighbors might at this point).

We've used other exhausts on several cars that droned and for me it's an instant deal-killer because it drives me nuts when I'm not flat-footing it on the track.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:35 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Second this request. Would like to see a photo of the actual bypass.
We'll have some photos of the production pieces to post later today!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:39 PM
lucxy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I think RSS and their X-pipe design sounds the best, it has this unique exotic ripping sound that is unique and spine tingling... but the tips are not great. Sharkwerks is what I am going with on my 19 RS. It is up there with the best of them in sound - close to RSS and the fact that you can use OEM or aftermarket tips makes it pretty tough to beat.
Agree I have RSS on my .1 GT3 and had it on .2 GT3 and sounds the best IMO. RSS X pipe has no drone.

Quick Reply: loudest GT3 center bypass?