Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How should I deal with the dealership and sales rep?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 05:06 PM
sautan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How should I deal with the dealership and sales rep?

Hi All. I ordered a GT3RS with dealership on Sept 4th, 2018. Sales Rep is a referral by a friend. Because he was referred so I trusted him that he is giving me the best deal like he claimed and promised. He also said I took the last allocation in the Country!!! Unfortunately, he told me one of the options I want is not available so I would have to live with it.

In mid Nov, I visited another dealership to check out the Manual GT3. I chat with a sales rep and through conversation, I simply asked if they have an allocation for the GT3RS. I never thought he would say YES because I was told I took the LAST ONE in September! NEVER DISCLOSED I already have an order, I simply ask the cost and out of the gate, he offered me a much better deal than friend's referred sales rep! In addition, he is able to get me the option the other sales rep claimed it's impossible and that the other rep BS me. I would be saving 5 digits from this new sales rep over the friend's referred sales rep and getting the options I want. Therefore, I canceled the order from the first sales rep on Nov 21. I was promised a refund check of $20,000 (BTW, the other dealership asked for $5,000 only). 2 weeks passed, I checked with the friend's sales reps and was told it takes some times to process and lot of paperwork to fill that I need to sign. Then I was told to send him official cancellation email which I did on Dec 1st. Couple weeks passed, I called and he apologized and promised to get the check out. Until today, I do not see a refund check!

First, I am sorry that I canceled after committed to the order but I cannot help when i learned I could save 5 digits from a random sales rep vs a friend's referral whom I thought I got the best deal. In addition, I am able to get the option I want that he claimed impossible!

Now, what should I do? He is a friend's referral and I want to have a smooth ending even though we cannot do business. He has not respond to my text messages and emails! Last succesful phone call was 2-3 weeks ago. I dunno, he might be on vacation?

Please advise your opinion?
Old 12-31-2018, 05:12 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

email him and the gm of the dealership asking why it takes so long to get a deposit refunded.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (02-14-2020)
Old 12-31-2018, 10:40 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Business is business. You do not owe the sales rep anything because your friend likes him.

And while cancelling a deal just to get a better price might be questionable, he gave you other wrong information, either through incompetence or deceit. You don't owe him anything (except perhaps a threat of legal action).
The following 2 users liked this post by bkrantz:
Perimeter (02-14-2020), Rennolazine (02-14-2020)
Old 01-01-2019, 02:51 AM
sautan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's true but if I go to the manager, he would receive the heat which I do not want to do. My cancelation was not solely based on cost but the package I was killing to have. I asked several times if he can get the package but he confirmed cannot. He promised me that is impossible then claimed the other rep just BS me and I will never receive my car with that option. Well, two days ago, I received update the car is now on the cargo ship arriving in PR Jan 3rd and I also received the build sheet with VIN# and the package listed. I am going to receive the package I wanted!

Anyway, just received a text message from him. I hope to receive the refund check within next 5 business days.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Do what turbodan recommends. If he did it to you and you were a referral from a friend imagine how he treats others! He will not get fired but hopefully the GM tells him to be more honest with customers, and you will probably get your refund sooner. If that does not work start posting reviews on their FB page, Google, etc. and you will get their attention.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:31 PM
my04996tt
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

As others have said business is business.. Sounds like he took advantage of your buddies friendship and obviously you.
You received not so great pricing, couldn't get the option you wanted, told you got the last allocation, and then get ignored. Don't feel guilty..
A visit to the mgr is certainly warranted..
Old 01-02-2019, 06:46 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

How much over sticker did you pay?
Old 01-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I would of asked the rep to match the other offer or refund the cheque. Keep your feelings out of the money and do the best deal. They don't care as they will find another buyer
Old 01-02-2019, 07:59 PM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 42 Posts

Dealers are holding customers hostage to their deposits. Very unprofessional for a dealer to keep a customers deposit and not respond to texts and messages. I have a similar situation going on right now with someone very close to Rennlist. Very sad.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:23 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

His sales manager and GM will already know of the cancellation because he'll need to report his sales opportunities to management. Others will know too because of the deposit refund. Unless of course it's another Shiraz situation where he managed it all.

No harm in going to management.

BTW a dealer here took 2 weeks to give me a deposit refund. Simple credit card transaction.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:37 PM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

did you make the check out the dealer?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Business is business. You do not owe the sales rep anything because your friend likes him.

And while cancelling a deal just to get a better price might be questionable, he gave you other wrong information, either through incompetence or deceit. You don't owe him anything (except perhaps a threat of legal action).

This is sage advice.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:02 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 97 Posts

Contact the office of your state attorney general.
More states than not by law require deposits are returned. They lied to you on 2 fronts and $20k seems out of line. Leadership starts at the top and my guess is the issues and poor behavior start with the GM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:54 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Regardless of the specifics you are owed your deposit.....email the highest person up you can get an email for and keep the facts simple.....demand a check within 5 business days or you will then bring it to the attention of the BBB and Attorney General.....I had the same exact thing happen to me with a Ford dealership and my Raptor.....they dragged their feet on the deposit and finally filed a complaint with the BBB (not Atty General right away) and I have never seen people scramble to get me my money back so quickly.....
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (02-14-2020)
Old 01-03-2019, 09:09 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 78 Posts

Do you have a receipt for the deposit? Who did you write the check to? The dealer took the deposit not the sales person. Bring it to the management level since you are not getting any response from the sales rep.

Quick Reply: How should I deal with the dealership and sales rep?