Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How should I deal with the dealership and sales rep?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 10:17 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

harden up or lawyer up
Old 01-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the dealership close to you. If so drive down there. Ask for the manager be nice and let them know you need the check today. Go to lunch and come back and don't leave until you get it.

You will get it. I guarantee it.

If not post a new thread on RL on how Xxxxx dealer refuses to refund your deposit. Do the same on there Facebook and Instagram. Won't be long you will get a check.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:29 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

First, always be nice. Go down in person and talk to the manager. I am sure it will get sorted out.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:33 AM
ElMills
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sautan
That's true but if I go to the manager, he would receive the heat which I do not want to do. My cancelation was not solely based on cost but the package I was killing to have. I asked several times if he can get the package but he confirmed cannot. He promised me that is impossible then claimed the other rep just BS me and I will never receive my car with that option. Well, two days ago, I received update the car is now on the cargo ship arriving in PR Jan 3rd and I also received the build sheet with VIN# and the package listed. I am going to receive the package I wanted!

Anyway, just received a text message from him. I hope to receive the refund check within next 5 business days.

Thanks.
You should update us on the status of this. Before RL'sters start calling the BBB, their lawyers, the attorney general, Mark Zuck. Heck, they might even tweet President Trump!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:00 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like others state, go to SM or GM. Perhaps even a simple email to SM will suffice. Along lines... "I requested a refund at x date with my SA, I understand the holidays have put everyone on odd schedules, but I would like the check within 5 business days." No need to threaten with BBB/Attorney General at this stage imo, give that a few more wks.

I cancelled my .2 GT3 order (@ V200 status/commission # etc) back in summer. SM returned the $5k (check in mail) within 5 business days of notifying him via email. Both $20k and this time frame to get refund is certainly out of the norm I would imagine.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, making a deal and then backing out. Call the attorney general and the bbb and porsche Headquarters as well

just walk into dealership. Its a refundable deposit. Go in and demand a check. Don’t leave until you get one

Last edited by Golden Boy; 01-03-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:53 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts

You should be fine unless the original sales rep was named Shiraz.

Jokes aside, you should be fine. As others stated it may help to just go there in-person as SAs love to drag their heels on things like this.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:56 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sautan
Hi All. I ordered a GT3RS with dealership on Sept 4th, 2018. Sales Rep is a referral by a friend. Because he was referred so I trusted him that he is giving me the best deal like he claimed and promised. He also said I took the last allocation in the Country!!! Unfortunately, he told me one of the options I want is not available so I would have to live with it.

In mid Nov, I visited another dealership to check out the Manual GT3. I chat with a sales rep and through conversation, I simply asked if they have an allocation for the GT3RS. I never thought he would say YES because I was told I took the LAST ONE in September! NEVER DISCLOSED I already have an order, I simply ask the cost and out of the gate, he offered me a much better deal than friend's referred sales rep! In addition, he is able to get me the option the other sales rep claimed it's impossible and that the other rep BS me. I would be saving 5 digits from this new sales rep over the friend's referred sales rep and getting the options I want. Therefore, I canceled the order from the first sales rep on Nov 21. I was promised a refund check of $20,000 (BTW, the other dealership asked for $5,000 only). 2 weeks passed, I checked with the friend's sales reps and was told it takes some times to process and lot of paperwork to fill that I need to sign. Then I was told to send him official cancellation email which I did on Dec 1st. Couple weeks passed, I called and he apologized and promised to get the check out. Until today, I do not see a refund check!

First, I am sorry that I canceled after committed to the order but I cannot help when i learned I could save 5 digits from a random sales rep vs a friend's referral whom I thought I got the best deal. In addition, I am able to get the option I want that he claimed impossible!

Now, what should I do? He is a friend's referral and I want to have a smooth ending even though we cannot do business. He has not respond to my text messages and emails! Last succesful phone call was 2-3 weeks ago. I dunno, he might be on vacation?

Please advise your opinion?
Are you referring to the Weissach package? If you are configuring your own customized car, there is no reason why any dealer would tell you not to check a particular box unless it truly was not available at that time.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:57 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

SIMPLE! GO TO THE DEALERSHIP, AND SPEAK WITH THE GM. TELL HIM THE BASIS FOR YOUR CANCELLATION IS ABOUT THE OPTION, NOT THE PRICE. DO NOT MENTION THE PRICE DIFFERENCE AS IT'S IMMATERIAL. EXPLAIN HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE SALESPERSON, AND LET HIM KNOW YOU'RE DONE. LIKE ANOTHER SAID EARLIER, LET HIM KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO LUNCH AMD ASK IF THERE IS ANY REASON YOU CANNOT EXPECT A CHEQUE TO BE THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU RETURN.
GO GET YER DOUGH!
Old 01-03-2019, 03:34 PM
C4SGRPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

and it's not like they don't have a long list of people just waiting to buy the car you canceled on. that car is probably sold already
Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 PM
sautan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much!!! OUCH
Old 01-03-2019, 09:42 PM
sautan
Advanced

Originally Posted by toddjude
did you make the check out the dealer?
Yes, wrote them a CHECK.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:44 PM
sautan
Advanced

Originally Posted by C4SGRPDK
and it's not like they don't have a long list of people just waiting to buy the car you canceled on. that car is probably sold already
probably but I have special taste so not sure if it will fit all common buyers!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:49 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by bradthe
SIMPLE! GO TO THE DEALERSHIP, AND SPEAK WITH THE GM. TELL HIM THE BASIS FOR YOUR CANCELLATION IS ABOUT THE OPTION, NOT THE PRICE. DO NOT MENTION THE PRICE DIFFERENCE AS IT'S IMMATERIAL. EXPLAIN HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE SALESPERSON, AND LET HIM KNOW YOU'RE DONE. LIKE ANOTHER SAID EARLIER, LET HIM KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO LUNCH AMD ASK IF THERE IS ANY REASON YOU CANNOT EXPECT A CHEQUE TO BE THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU RETURN.
GO GET YER DOUGH!
Is there a reason you are screaming at the top of your lungs?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:50 PM
sautan
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Are you referring to the Weissach package? If you are configuring your own customized car, there is no reason why any dealer would tell you not to check a particular box unless it truly was not available at that time.
I sent in my build with weissach package but was told not available. He insisted I am not going to get it because other dealer BS me and assure me the other sales rep will give me excuses when the car arrives without Weissach.

Well, I received the confirm build sheet with VIN# and it is now at Puerto Rico port.

I shall wait who is telling the truth.

Quick Reply: How should I deal with the dealership and sales rep?