Sponsored by:

GT3 TOURING BADGE DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:14 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Is it oversized? Like maybe comes from the 997 GT3?... something is off about it.. like Attachment 1298514
Funny coming from a guy with this sticker on his gas cap cover..........

Perhaps folks should be ok with how other customize their cars - especially those from California......
Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

One of the main purposes of Touring Package, which is wing delete and compulsory manual transmission combined with some classy leather / cloth in lieu of Alcantara, a more monotone interior trim scheme, and LESS prominent exterior badging, is to have a more outwardly subtle / under the radar GT3. Adding more GT3 badging to the rear seems to run counter to that. But to each his own.

The OP wanted to take it in the other direction and remove even the subtle black on black badge on the rear grill, but gotta say, what’s wrong with the subtle, classy black on black GT3 plaque badge of the Touring Package? It doesn’t shout. You have to be practically standing right behind the car to even read it (or know / recognize it as a Porsche fan to see it from a distance). Going through contortions to remove it seems over-the-top. But again, to each his own.

Maybe someone should figure out how to weld a Honda Civic hatchback read end on to further disguise their 911?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:47 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by localmotion411
I swear you girls will find something wrong with every new purse.
Nice stripes you added to your new purse localmotion411

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15408959
Old 01-09-2019, 11:03 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover

Perhaps folks should be ok with how other customize their cars - especially those from California......
Haha that was good, you got me, good memory!!!... although you undoubtedly missed the joke as you weren't privy to it. That's ok, happy to explain to you.

Yes i put a humorous Calvin peeing sticker on my car during European delivery while I was participating in the Pagani Raduno (that means "meetup" to help you with locals comprehension) in Italy with it. The sticker was part of a joke among factory insiders that I was given permission to have a GT3 be allowed in and peeing on the million dollar exotica). I know pictures help sometimes for visual learners so here you go...
Name:  photo548.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  116.4 KB
Name:  photo353.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  922.0 KBName:  photo535.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  1.14 MB

On the other hand, the OP is trying to permanently place a badge and is looking for optimal aesthetics. See the difference in intent? More pictures helpful maybe? I'll send you another Calvin peeing sticker in the mail.

But on a serious note, your flippant little post brings up an interesting point.. is a forum to you intended as purely a cheerleader meeting spot, or is it ok to poke fun or even criticize aspects of cars we don't like.. possibly providing guidance as well as entertainment to fellow Porsche owners?

And lastly, while we're on the subject of fellowship, your insidious "California" appendix comment highlights something which I find quite sad about this otherwise civilized and fraternal American culture I adopted since moving here... there is this brewing interstate disdain for each other as if you weren't all proud to be part of this amazing country.. and some, like you.. mingle in java st each other as if you were unhappy at the other's belonging.. I'll never get this part of the USA culture, although I tend to notice this most apparent coming from Texas towards coastal states.. sad.

Anyway.. the font or size of his gt3 sticker looks off somehow.

Last edited by CAlexio; 01-09-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:26 AM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default GT3

It looks off to me as well, too large like a 997 GT3. I removed "PORSCHE GT3" from the rear of my 991.1 GT3 and replaced with a GT3 from a 997 and it looks the same size...
Old 01-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

+1
Old 01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Haha that was good, you got me, good memory!!! Yes i put a humorous Calvin peeing sticker on my car during European delivery while I was participating in the Pagani Rally in Italy with it, as it was an inside joke among factory insiders.. (related to a GT3 being allowed in and peeing on the million dollar exotica).
Attachment 1298531
Attachment 1298533Attachment 1298532
On the other hand, the OP is trying to permanently place a badge and is looking for optimal aesthetics. See the difference in intent?

But your post brings up an interesting point.. is a forum to you intended as cheerleader spot, or is it ok to poke fun or even criticize aspects of cars we don't like? (Whether you're from California, texas, or in between.. you Americans crack me up with your interstate disdain for each other as if you weren't all proud to be part of this amazing country.. I'll never get this part of the USA culture ).

So, should I NOT mention that something about the font or size of his gt3 sticker looks off?
certainly you may criticize but you do open yourself up it as well. Two way street. By the way the thread started with someone wanting to remove the touring badge on the deck and how to do it. I simply added a gt3 badge bc I like how it looks on the winged cars. The folks who started being holier than thou are the same that have also made additive or subtractive personal preference changes to their own cars. Hypocritical hiding behind forum names. Dumb topic. Just pointing out the cats calling the kettle black. By the way I thought your sticker was cool in Cali kind of way. My point about California was complimentary. California is the center of the world for customing cars think Singer etc.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:53 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Since I am one of the girls I can explain my reasoning behind wanting to remove the badge (and be prepared for the flak... ):

1. I actually don't mind the badge itself. However, I think the GT3T has received unfounded critisism from some just based on the name "Touring". "It's a softer GT3, it's not a real GT3..." Etc, etc. The car is a proper GT3, just without a wing. All chassis part no are the same between wing cars and non-wing cars. Also after the Carrera T intro it became somewhat confusing to many as to what T resp Touring means...My plan if I succeed in removing the badge is to add a "GT3" on the bumper - as above. (although I think my "GT3" letters are smaller?)

2. With a GT3 badge on the bumper it will also be apparent for others what just overtook them. As it is now - the car is quite anonymous (which is basically fine but I admit I am a little vain, being a girl and all), especially with wing up and the original badge can't be seen.

I don't know how it turns out until I try it, that's why I don't want to do anything irreversible. It may very well look like crap and then I will just put it back and remove the GT3 from the bumper. It's all fun & games
Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

I added a 997 GT3 badge.
Huge improvement!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

When it comes to rear badging, I thought the GTS's badging was too wordy. Using the RS as inspiration, I did away with the badging and applied a more simplified (and lighter! ) decal. It was an easy DIY project. Took about an hour. It is easier to do with the factory lettering still on (rather than with a factory lettering delete) as it gives you a template on which to figure out what is center/center on the back of the car. I think I am going to leave the stock lettering on my Touring as the black letters will look nice against the light ivory...but you never know.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:40 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Haha that was good, you got me, good memory!!!... although you undoubtedly missed the joke as you weren't privy to it. That's ok, happy to explain to you.

Yes i put a humorous Calvin peeing sticker on my car during European delivery while I was participating in the Pagani Raduno (that means "meetup" to help you with locals comprehension) in Italy with it. The sticker was part of a joke among factory insiders that I was given permission to have a GT3 be allowed in and peeing on the million dollar exotica). I know pictures help sometimes for visual learners so here you go...
Attachment 1298531
Attachment 1298533Attachment 1298532

On the other hand, the OP is trying to permanently place a badge and is looking for optimal aesthetics. See the difference in intent? More pictures helpful maybe? I'll send you another Calvin peeing sticker in the mail.

But on a serious note, your flippant little post brings up an interesting point.. is a forum to you intended as purely a cheerleader meeting spot, or is it ok to poke fun or even criticize aspects of cars we don't like.. possibly providing guidance as well as entertainment to fellow Porsche owners?

And lastly, while we're on the subject of fellowship, your insidious "California" appendix comment highlights something which I find quite sad about this otherwise civilized and fraternal American culture I adopted since moving here... there is this brewing interstate disdain for each other as if you weren't all proud to be part of this amazing country.. and some, like you.. mingle in java st each other as if you were unhappy at the other's belonging.. I'll never get this part of the USA culture, although I tend to notice this most apparent coming from Texas towards coastal states.. sad.

Anyway.. the font or size of his gt3 sticker looks off somehow.
Well said. Agree with you. We’re not all like that in Texas!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

For the record, I’m not attacking any one for their tastes. Heck, I have a lime green car some people think is horrible and can’t understand that I paid extra for it! However, we all don’t have to like the same things. That’s what’s great. I respect the difference in opinions on car looks even though it
may not be what I would choose. I’m in no ways perfect either, but I try to remind myself that we are all car lovers whether we perceive them to be good, bad, or ugly.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 AM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

Nice stripes you added to your new purse localmotion411

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15408959
Haha next I’m adding some tassels to the wing

You guys need to lighten. The. Hell. Up.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
For the record, I’m not attacking any one for their tastes. Heck, I have a lime green car some people think is horrible and can’t understand that I paid extra for! However, we all don’t have to like the same things. That’s what’s great. I respect the difference in opinions on car looks even though it
may not be what I would choose. I’m in no ways perfect either, but I try to remind myself that we are all car lovers whether we perceive them to be good, bad, or ugly.
Of course you're perfect, you have a GT3
Old 01-10-2019, 12:10 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris88
Of course you're perfect, you have a GT3
Ha! Good one!
I do have an affinity for them, yes...

Quick Reply: GT3 TOURING BADGE DELETE