Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preview of a potentially legitimate PTS 1 of 1 (for now of course...)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:19 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Doesn’t the VIN testify that our cars are unique PTS or not?
Old 12-23-2018, 11:52 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

My puppy in PTS Blanco
Old 12-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Old 12-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

The problem with most 1 of 1 colors is that is also the exact number of interested buyers when it's time to sell - one.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:56 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Old 12-23-2018, 01:13 PM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
The problem with most 1 of 1 colors is that is also the exact number of interested buyers when it's time to sell - one.
Unless nobody sees the difference with the regular color of choice.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:18 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

OP can’t say. Someone may copy and it won’t be 1 of 1 and value will go down.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Maybe some help to actually figure out the color:

As someone who always liked orange cars and was looking at orange before Lava Orange became available (and was close enough to what I wanted to go with, since Tangerine was off limits), an orange I loved very much was Volcano Orange after seeing it on a McLaren MP4-12C. The last picture he posted, the front of it makes it look metallic, so I vote that or the Firebrand Orange. Both of those colors fit the UK origin.

Also the initial statement makes it impossible to be 1 of 1 if you think about it. He asked for the color and got it--he did not go through a paint color feasibility study. Which means it has been put on some 991 chassis at some point. Unless my understanding of the PTS process is wrong.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Holy hell. Don't log in for a day and all hell breaks loose. The range of responses is hilarious. So much saltiness. You'd think the only rationale response, on a car enthusiast site, to someone sharing news about a new incoming car would be positive and/or congratulatory wishes. You'd be wrong unfortunately. Long live the internet!

Loved the pics of the pups and the guesses/references to other colors!

The color is Firesand Metallic. I had no intention of keeping it a secret. I couldn't care less if there were thousands of cars in the same color. As some already mentioned, I have already pinged in several places inquiring if anyone had come across the color.

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Ugly
You think? Man I knew I should've checked in with you before placing the order. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by montoya
Hahaha! You guys just can’t take the suspense! I’ll give one big clue, it’s origin is British, (hope I’m not spoiling your fun mister yogi!).
Right Andre?!?! It must be a nightmare for these folks' families around Christmas and/or their birthdays!! Lol

Originally Posted by evilfij
First rule of PTS Club, don’t talk about PTS club.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15505577

I knew I remembered the discussions (there were a few).

Congrats!
Thanks boss! I full expected the resourcefulness of RL'ers to come through. You win on that front!!
Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Who cares if it's 1 of 1 - is it what you want when you ordered? If so, congrats and enjoy it.

These PTS sample threads are meaningless, you have the same car as everyone else, but it's a color you choose that anyone else who was approved for PTS could have chosen also.

Cue the dog photos...
My CA said that bc my GT3 is PTS, it would be able to blow smoke up my a**. That's why I paid the 13k. Please don't tell me he lied to me!!

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Truly, I assumed it was someone that ordered Lava and making a joke/trolling for people to kill themselves guessing otherwise. After 4 pages and looking at the pics again, I see it's a little darker than LO. Don't take it the wrong way; online pics are bad at showing true color.

U a longhorn by chance? Some derivative of burnt orange?
Honestly, I was worried about the same after seeing the first few pics. After seeing it in the light, however, I have no concern of it looking remotely like Lava. Not a Longhorn. A Bulldog (UGA) actually. Looking forward to the Sugar Bowl. Funny enough, my brother in law is an Auburn Tiger and he's having a field day with me ordering an orange car. Lol.

Originally Posted by NSD991
Provide answer or delete thread.
I must've missed that section of the Forum Rules.

Originally Posted by soulsea
TRUTH!! And right in the heart of the holidays! Can't imagine the saltiness level during the rest of the year...

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Agreed. Good thing this wasn't built with future buyers or profit speculation in mind. I also don't think the nature of this color falls into the 'most' category you reference.

Originally Posted by ruuddevil
I think he is afraid after all this
We have nothing to fear but Rennlist itself...
Old 12-23-2018, 02:13 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tangerine
Maybe some help to actually figure out the color:

As someone who always liked orange cars and was looking at orange before Lava Orange became available (and was close enough to what I wanted to go with, since Tangerine was off limits), an orange I loved very much was Volcano Orange after seeing it on a McLaren MP4-12C. The last picture he posted, the front of it makes it look metallic, so I vote that or the Firebrand Orange. Both of those colors fit the UK origin.

Also the initial statement makes it impossible to be 1 of 1 if you think about it. He asked for the color and got it--he did not go through a paint color feasibility study. Which means it has been put on some 991 chassis at some point. Unless my understanding of the PTS process is wrong.
Correct. No feasibility study completed. I really don't think it's a true 1 of 1, even if we exclude feasibility study vehicles and think of sold cars. As mentioned in original post - I was jokingly claiming it's a 1 of 1 based on the fact that I wasn't able to find a picture of another Porsche in the color. I think we can all agree (most likely not) that the population of Porsche vehicles is much larger than what is active on social media / RL.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:26 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I like it a lot! But looks like one of those colors that’s hard to capture on film. I have viola metallic color and pretty much every picture it just looks black lol

enjoy the car/color and don’t sell!
Drive the snot out of it
Old 12-23-2018, 02:30 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Holy hell. Don't log in for a day and all hell breaks loose. The range of responses is hilarious. So much saltiness. You'd think the only rationale response, on a car enthusiast site, to someone sharing news about a new incoming car would be positive and/or congratulatory wishes. You'd be wrong unfortunately. Long live the internet!

Loved the pics of the pups and the guesses/references to other colors!

The color is Firesand Metallic. I had no intention of keeping it a secret. I couldn't care less if there were thousands of cars in the same color. As some already mentioned, I have already pinged in several places inquiring if anyone had come across the color.

You think? Man I knew I should've checked in with you before placing the order. Lesson learned.

Right Andre?!?! It must be a nightmare for these folks' families around Christmas and/or their birthdays!! Lol

Thanks boss! I full expected the resourcefulness of RL'ers to come through. You win on that front!!

My CA said that bc my GT3 is PTS, it would be able to blow smoke up my a**. That's why I paid the 13k. Please don't tell me he lied to me!!

Honestly, I was worried about the same after seeing the first few pics. After seeing it in the light, however, I have no concern of it looking remotely like Lava. Not a Longhorn. A Bulldog (UGA) actually. Looking forward to the Sugar Bowl. Funny enough, my brother in law is an Auburn Tiger and he's having a field day with me ordering an orange car. Lol.

I must've missed that section of the Forum Rules.

TRUTH!! And right in the heart of the holidays! Can't imagine the saltiness level during the rest of the year...

Agreed. Good thing this wasn't built with future buyers or profit speculation in mind. I also don't think the nature of this color falls into the 'most' category you reference.

We have nothing to fear but Rennlist itself...
Yeah I actually found it refreshing. I get so tired of all the "snowflake" and "every one gets a ribbon" mentality and the only thing you are aloud to post is positive because heaven for bid you offend someone. As long as there are no personal attacks, which there were not, who cares. If you don't want to hear it, then don't post. There are plenty of IMO ugly color combinations. I am sure if I specced a car not everyone would like it.

My take is you like it so who really gives a rip what others think. If I posted a car I loved and the rest of RL hated it, again who cares.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:31 PM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Do you have pictures of the car outside?
Old 12-23-2018, 02:33 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

A shade of orange.......Vitamin C....

Quick Reply: Preview of a potentially legitimate PTS 1 of 1 (for now of course...)