Sponsored by:

Chalk GT3 Touring Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 05:16 PM
Az911GT's
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome color!
Did you tint yours? I am concerned since both of the rear side and rear are made of light glass (may be flexi-glass) and that might cause problems in the long run and may pose a major challenge for the installer.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:55 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 78 Posts

yes, i did a light tint. i can't remember the percentage. the installer didn't have any issues with the install itself.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:27 AM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 136 Posts

It’s all very personal and you really can’t go wrong. We all agonize on the configurator, ask rennlisters advice and hope we made the right decision. If it helps my experience with my 2018 GTS in chalk with black wheels (traded for 2018 GT3 Guards/ std silver wheels).
Chalk is a beautiful color in bright sunlight, it has a deep soft white look but in shade it goes to dull matte grey. I like to open the garage and my cars put a smile on my face. Chalk did not do it.
a friend got his GT3 in chalk but with black door handles, all the black bits on the aero pieces and wing as well as the black wheels brought some life to the color.
i also think black wheels are losing their appeal.
you need to look at these colors in all lighting conditions, not just dealer showrooms and especially in low light conditions when chalk is being considered. But in the end it’s your car and listen to yourself you will love it.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:34 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ohniner
It’s all very personal and you really can’t go wrong. We all agonize on the configurator, ask rennlisters advice and hope we made the right decision. If it helps my experience with my 2018 GTS in chalk with black wheels (traded for 2018 GT3 Guards/ std silver wheels).
Chalk is a beautiful color in bright sunlight, it has a deep soft white look but in shade it goes to dull matte grey. I like to open the garage and my cars put a smile on my face. Chalk did not do it.
a friend got his GT3 in chalk but with black door handles, all the black bits on the aero pieces and wing as well as the black wheels brought some life to the color.
i also think black wheels are losing their appeal.
you need to look at these colors in all lighting conditions, not just dealer showrooms and especially in low light conditions when chalk is being considered. But in the end it’s your car and listen to yourself you will love it.
that's a very good point. i've had CWM, white, agate, and miami on recent P cars. i really wanted PTS grey black, but that wasn't an option. i love GT silver but several friends have that color, and i'm a bit over silvers. i have been going back and forth between black and chalk. i really think i am going to end up going with chalk. the black looks extremely classy, maybe a bit too much for me.

Quick Reply: Chalk GT3 Touring Pics?