Sponsored by:

GT3 Rental

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 11:03 AM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default GT3 Rental

I am curious if there is any place that you guys are aware of that rents a GT3? According to a brief internet search I only found a GT3-RS in Las Vegas. I live in Wi and was hoping for something a little closer. I have tried to test drive a couple of 991 GT3’s and the dealers will not typically let me. I currently have a 997 TT and would like to spend some time with a GT3 before buying one.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:28 AM
latinlava
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cirrusdriver
I am curious if there is any place that you guys are aware of that rents a GT3? According to a brief internet search I only found a GT3-RS in Las Vegas. I live in Wi and was hoping for something a little closer. I have tried to test drive a couple of 991 GT3’s and the dealers will not typically let me. I currently have a 997 TT and would like to spend some time with a GT3 before buying one.

Also in Las Vegas, but exotics racing has a GT3 you can drive on track. Fun experience. Obviously won’t give you the feel of what it’s like to daily drive. It will be enough to convince you need one though! It’s the reason I’m trying to find a GT3 to trade in my GTS.
Good luck and happy holidays.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Try a website called Turo:

https://turo.com/search?country=US&d...rtTime=10%3A00

people rent out all sorts of cars here - from econo boxes to high end super cars.

You may have a tough time renting or finding a sports car to rent in winter.

I think your your best bet is try the the Porsche Experience Center in LA or Atlanta this time of year.

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsc...ta/experiences
Old 12-21-2018, 11:46 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 533 Posts

turo if you are in the right city
Old 12-21-2018, 12:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

How about at Nürburgring?:
https://www.rsrnurburg.com/page/rsr-price-list

Alternatively, you could do Porsche Experience in Los Angeles or Atlanta (sorry, all far from WI)
https://www.porschedriving.com/porsc...Participants=1
Old 12-21-2018, 12:34 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Have you checked "Turo"? They have high end cars on there in various cities.

Now regarding the dealer not letting you test drive... either you are kicking the tires and not serious about the specific car you are looking at, or you did not approach them correctly.

If you are serious, show them funds (at least for downpayment) and explain that the test drive is all that stands between you and them making a deal
Old 12-21-2018, 01:05 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Assuming it’s preowned and you have a 997 TT, I am surprised they won’t let you do a short test drive at least.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:17 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Thanks for all the replies. I was checking out Turo but I cannot find how to search for a specific car. I can randomly search cities but that may take awhile.

I have been to the Porsche experience in Atlanta and did the GT3 vs Turbo course. I found it very abbreviated and busy. It was a blast but I didn’t really get to experience daily driving. The instructor was always talking and there was very little time in each car.

I love my 09’ 997 TT but the newer models are PDK and seem to be more GT biased. I’m generally curious what the GT3 is like to drive around vs my 997. The 991 chassis seems more refined but the GT3 still may have the raw feel like my car....not sure. I would love to drive a GT3 on the track but I’m more interested in Street driving because I have a Z06 that I use for HPDE events. I would only drive the GT3 on the street. Now if Porsche put a back seat option on the GT3 I would sell all the cars and use it for everything....a guy can dream
Old 12-21-2018, 01:20 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I was checking out Turo but I cannot find how to search for a specific car. I can randomly search cities but that may take awhile.

I have been to the Porsche experience in Atlanta and did the GT3 vs Turbo course. I found it very abbreviated and busy. It was a blast but I didn’t really get to experience daily driving. The instructor was always talking and there was very little time in each car.

I love my 09’ 997 TT but the newer models are PDK and seem to be more GT biased. I’m generally curious what the GT3 is like to drive around vs my 997. The 991 chassis seems more refined but the GT3 still may have the raw feel like my car....not sure. I would love to drive a GT3 on the track but I’m more interested in Street driving because I have a Z06 that I use for HPDE events. I would only drive the GT3 on the street. Now if Porsche put a back seat option on the GT3 I would sell all the cars and use it for everything....a guy can dream
I bet you could find a generous Rennlist GT3 driver near you to swap cars with you on a drive, but unfortunately this time of year is probably not suitable in WI?
Old 12-21-2018, 02:02 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you looking at a new .2 or used .1? Either way, if the dealer has one on the lot, why won't they let you take it out? Heck, mine gave me the keys for an afternoon, and it was raining out. Maybe look for a different dealer....one who wants to actually sell the car, because IMO, these cars sell themselves with a test drive and anything the salesperson says is just filling the air with noise.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:05 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Post your interest on rennlist (title it something like “want to drive GT3, can anyone help?”). I had a rennlister reach out to me once and he very generously let me test drive his GT4.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:07 PM
LeeGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am curious if there is any place that you guys are aware of that rents a GT3? According to a brief internet search I only found a GT3-RS in Las Vegas. I live in Wi and was hoping for something a little closer. I have tried to test drive a couple of 991 GT3’s and the dealers will not typically let me. I currently have a 997 TT and would like to spend some time with a GT3 before buying

come down to Texas. An tool around in our cars!
Old 12-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by GrantG
I bet you could find a generous Rennlist GT3 driver near you to swap cars with you on a drive, but unfortunately this time of year is probably not suitable in WI?
Thats a good Idea I never thought of. I would love to swap cars with somebody in the Midwest for a day. I have a nice low mileage 997 TT cabriolet manual if anybody is interested. Feel free to PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by vodavoda
Are you looking at a new .2 or used .1? Either way, if the dealer has one on the lot, why won't they let you take it out? Heck, mine gave me the keys for an afternoon, and it was raining out. Maybe look for a different dealer....one who wants to actually sell the car, because IMO, these cars sell themselves with a test drive and anything the salesperson says is just filling the air with noise.
I have a paid position with the local dealer but they did not have any allocations left for the 991.2. They told me I will get the 992 if I want it. I have also considered buying a used 991 GT3. There are many for sale around me and the Chicago dealers would not let me drive one without a deposit. I was probably too honest and said I wanted to drive one before spending the time looking for the perfect used spec.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:19 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Post your interest on rennlist (title it something like “want to drive GT3, can anyone help?”). I had a rennlister reach out to me once and he very generously let me test drive his GT4.
That’s a good idea. I’m not wanting to get something for free, I just wanted to try one before spending 6 figures.

I also will throw this out there. I would also be willing to take somebody for an airplane ride in exchange. If anybody wants to take a 30 min spin in a jet it might be worth a trade.

Quick Reply: GT3 Rental