Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS carbon bits for the 3RS

Old 03-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Maybe something is getting lost in translation?

Your parts are OEM parts that are then wrapped in carbon fiber? Or are they 100% new carbon fiber parts?
If they are simply OEM plastic parts with a carbon fiber wrap around them, how can they possibly be the same weight? You are adding material to the existing parts. That means they MUST weigh more.

dont want to speak for them. But i am just guessing at minimum they need to shave away/remove what they are applying in carbon to allow for clearances etc. so in theory they are putting back whatever they take off. So shpuld be no weight change
Old 03-20-2019, 04:12 PM
DBCarbon
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Absolutely correct described!

An exact fitment and OEM gaps are an very important point for us, that doesn´t allow anyway to add anything on most areas.

An small addition could be in some cases, but nothing worth to mention.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:00 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by DB-Design-Group
Absolutely correct described!

An exact fitment and OEM gaps are an very important point for us, that doesn´t allow anyway to add anything on most areas.

An small addition could be in some cases, but nothing worth to mention.
Ok, so you take an OEM part and grind away surface material? And then you wrap the part in carbon fiber?
Old 03-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Ok, so you take an OEM part and grind away surface material? And then you wrap the part in carbon fiber?

DB carbon is better. Porsche oem is chinese
Old 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
DB carbon is better. Porsche oem is chinese
I'm not sure how that's related to my question?
Old 03-20-2019, 05:42 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

I'm not sure how that's related to my question?

im just jumping to what i was assuming the end is. Db carbon german. Porsche carbon available on ali baba. Weissach hoods and all.

Sorry if i was wrong in my assumption. Hope he clarifies for you
Old 03-20-2019, 06:19 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

im just jumping to what i was assuming the end is. Db carbon german. Porsche carbon available on ali baba. Weissach hoods and all.

No I'm not concerned about Chinese parts. I'm just inquiring about the nature of these. There are other companies offering carbon fiber replacements that are also basically overlays or covers that stick on over the OEM parts and I'd like to know the difference.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,728 Likes on 4,761 Posts

Some of the best carbon manufacturers are from China.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:58 AM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Not sure what alibaba, China or Germany has to do with it?? And who cares if Porsche carbon is made in China as it will be made under licence and strict guidelines from Porsche so it meets a particular standard.

Agree with FourT6and2 it would be nice to get a straight answer from DBC but the logical answer appears to be that the DBC CF parts are NOT made out of 100% CF, instead made using the OEM core plastic items which have then had a CF overlay stuck on top to give the look of all CF, hence why the OEM plastic parts are required as exchange items as part of the sale.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:33 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Read the thread or our website, answered straight several times! Again to clearly describe, we manufacture real carbon parts on the base of OEM parts - take care on weight and dimensions stay the same or nearly the same. Same as most of the OEM carbon parts, just a very few are possible to create out of full carbon!
Also, we need to ask you again to read our website carefully - the replaced OEM parts are not part of the sale, there is no return duty or core parts charge!

Thank you
DB Carbon
Old 03-21-2019, 04:41 AM
manolis
Instructor

Read the thread or our website, answered straight several times! Again to clearly describe, we manufacture real carbon parts on the base of OEM parts - take care on weight and dimensions stay the same or nearly the same. Same as most of the OEM carbon parts, just a very few are possible to create out of full carbon!
Also, we need to ask you again to read our website carefully - the replaced OEM parts are not part of the sale, there is no return duty or core parts charge!

Thank you
DB Carbon
So your carbon parts are 100" CF with no plastic inside? Like same as how the OEM parts are? And which parts are not "fully" made of CF?

I did read your website but it not specific to the parts to say which is full CF and which is not.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:43 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

No, we use OEM parts as base and manufacture them to an onepiece unit with our real carbon finish. Same as nearly all OEM carbon parts!!! Just a very few OEM carbon exterior parts on the .2 RS series are made out of full carbon, the simple constructed parts... most others are impossible to create out of full carbon with an perfect flawless optical surface.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:54 AM
manolis
Instructor

No, we use OEM parts as base and manufacture them to an onepiece unit with our real carbon finish. Same as nearly all OEM carbon parts!!! Just a very few OEM carbon exterior parts on the .2 RS series are made out of full carbon, the simple constructed parts... most others are impossible to create out of full carbon with an perfect flawless optical surface.
So the oem equivalent part is made the same way as how you will provide? Some parts with a plastic base with some CF wrapped around?
Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Right! Just a very few OEM carbon parts are made from full carbon like the NACA ducts which we do as well from full carbon... there are the rear fender side air intakes, which we do on the base of an OEM plastic part is an exception (also when the whole mounting brackets are from OEM side as well added from plastic like on the standard version)
Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 AM
manolis
Instructor

Thanks.
Maybe it is the language barrier or something but I'm still not clear about the need to take the guards off to fit "the parts". What is it exactly that is obstacle the specific part that requires guard to be removed?? You talk about "kit" needing guard to come off but vent can be fitted without guard removal?? Can you please be more specific? I'm not interested in anything that requires the whole guard to be removed but I am interested in having the car look the same as the gt2 with the carbon parts. So what compromise do I have to make?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT2 RS carbon bits for the 3RS