Sponsored by:

991 gt3 pse algorithm question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 04:21 AM
jjrho
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 991 gt3 pse algorithm question

I am confused with the functionality of the PSE algorithm...
it seems to that on oem exhaust system... when I put the pse ON.... sure..its slightly louder as the valves open at idle speed... but it seems to close n opens up again around 3800 rpm...

now, if I have the pse OFF, it still opens up at 3800 rpm...

am I wrong ?? What gives?, I know about needing back pressure at lower rpm...blah blah.... but to me... there is essentially no difference bwtn on /off....

I'm about to install a ipe f1 ss full exhaust system... ipe is also relying on pse algorithm to control their valves.... I don't want that.... i want manual full open or full closed valve comtrol... regardless of rpm.... I dont care about slight power difference due to valve status /back pressure issue.... I just want my noise !!!

please comment on my question above re pse valve control algorithm...

thanks

991.2 gt3 manual. Miami blue.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:18 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

You are correct in your understanding of PSE on the gt3.

All the pse button does is open the valves at idle. That’s it. They close when you take off and stay closed up till around 3800rpm not matter if PSE button is pushed or not.

Im considering side delete pipes. You can get these with valves or no valves. I’m considering no valves and save myself $500 as I’m not sure in this set up the valves would really do anything and be worth the $500.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:55 AM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Your description is accurate. I think the only difference is that if you’re idling at a stop, or you give it a few revs in neutral, the valves stay open with the exhaust button on. But once you set off in motion, you’re right - no difference that I can tell.

Quick Reply: 991 gt3 pse algorithm question