Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 GT3 arrived ! Completing grey duo

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 218 Posts

Did you buy it from Park Place Porsche Grapevine?
If so, I think I saw your car. Looks great! Congrats!
Old 12-22-2018, 04:04 AM
GT3007
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Did you buy it from Park Place Porsche Grapevine?
If so, I think I saw your car. Looks great! Congrats!
Yes ! I bought it through the new Grapevine Porsche ... got allocation in July Because the dealership was opening (huge beautiful place) ...they were super nice ... I leveraged my existing relationship with Park Place MB ...and agreed to but the 911 T while waiting for GT3 ...

thanks to all of you for your nice messages... can’t wait to come back from family vacation Jan 1 to drive the GT3 ....
Old 12-22-2018, 04:16 AM
GT3007
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fbroen
Congrats. Looks great!
But isn't it grey trio with that Mini?
Yes ! It is the trio .....

story behind the Mini:

I have four kids...(12-8 years old)....my wife complained about my ability to drive the kids around to their activities ...when I bought the GTR ....
so I said : “ ok , i will buy a four seater car” along with GTR .... I really wanted the 2 door version...but could not be that selfish !

I grew up in France ...Minis are cool cars..with some rally racing heritage ....

anyway ... I am truly blessed to be able to afford this ...(came to US at age 20 with only 1 year of college my dad could afford to give me ....)

then i had to “ sell my wife “ on two sports cars ! adding the GT3 .... I was glad the 911 T I kept for 3 months had the backseats .....the kids enjoyed going in the back.....and I was convincing my wife that the car was more practical than the GTR .....

she he has not noticed , yet , that the GT3 ...does not have the seats ..........the Mini has to stay !

Happy holidays to all. ....and thank you for warm messages....BTW...grey Aggate does not It get a fair shake ....I love it...

Old 12-22-2018, 04:39 AM
GT3007
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Akunob
Congrats on the GT3 and great pair (grey duo). It will be interesting to see which you end up having more fun driving, the GT3 or the AMG-GTR pro.
Yes..that will be interesting ...

To answer your question another way ....I did track twice my GTR...and a friend 991.2 GT3 .... and decided to try to get an allocation on the GT3 !

i love the seating position , long hood, and torque of the GTR ...but the driver connection of the GT3, steering and high rev...won also my heart....I still wish the GT3 had a little thicker steering wheel ...and I was driving with sparco gloves....

I am new to the Porsche world ....the last 8 - 10 years ...that could afford an 911 turbo ....I still was not won over ...(only tried 2014 on...).......

But the GT3 ..RS ....cars...totally different souls ....I am sold ...I will keep this 991.2 ....I saw the 992 in LA show.... I am sure they will do a great job on performance when the new GT3 comes out....but I really do not like the design and digital approach to the interior of the 992 ...might be ok for a regular daily driver carrera or Targa....but not for the GT series....I am not sure if even a large performance improvements of the next GT3 ...will sell me on the overall proposition...

Old 12-22-2018, 08:03 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

love it.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:23 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3007
Yes ! It is the trio .....

story behind the Mini:

I have four kids...(12-8 years old)....my wife complained about my ability to drive the kids around to their activities ...when I bought the GTR ....
so I said : “ ok , i will buy a four seater car” along with GTR .... I really wanted the 2 door version...but could not be that selfish !

I grew up in France ...Minis are cool cars..with some rally racing heritage ....

anyway ... I am truly blessed to be able to afford this ...(came to US at age 20 with only 1 year of college my dad could afford to give me ....)

then i had to “ sell my wife “ on two sports cars ! adding the GT3 .... I was glad the 911 T I kept for 3 months had the backseats .....the kids enjoyed going in the back.....and I was convincing my wife that the car was more practical than the GTR .....

she he has not noticed , yet , that the GT3 ...does not have the seats ..........the Mini has to stay !

Happy holidays to all. ....and thank you for warm messages....BTW...grey Aggate does not It get a fair shake ....I love it...

Congrats! I also own a mini for the same reason!
Old 12-22-2018, 12:25 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Did you track the Carrera T at all? If so, what did you think?
Old 12-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 252 Posts

Congratulations!

Quick Reply: 2018 GT3 arrived ! Completing grey duo