Sponsored by:

OT - The Quail 2019 at PB Concours

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 11:54 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Never had the inclination to go to McCalls, pics make it look like a big fashion show for the uber wealthy, but the Quail might be worth a look.
Quail is best event on North American soil, doesn't compare still to goodwood or villa d'este, but it's basically a condensed version of all the new stuff you want to see and a damn good lunch as well
Old 12-22-2018, 01:34 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Clint Eastwoods place is by far the best experience in Carmel, IMHO- https://www.missionranchcarmel.com

However, the rooms for car week are done on a lottery basis and this is a real lottery-they don't raise their prices for the week. I believe they pick the winners next month so contact them if interested to get your name in.
I owe you dinner some night if you are going! I had called a couple of places before you sent this, 7 night minimum at really big numbers, all to be prepaid no refunds, as I would have expected. I actually believe for an event like this that is appropriate. So I called Clint's place on your recommendation. One night deposit, no markup, I am staying 4 nights so no one week minimum, and cancellation can be made up to a week before the event with no penalty. Is this real? Also, the most polite staff to work through the reservation I have had in the states, more Euro approach.

If you are going let me know, I can at least buy you a drink! Also, based on other above recommendations, I am skipping McCall's and focused on The Quail process.

Many thanks!
Old 12-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Never had the inclination to go to McCalls, pics make it look like a big fashion show for the uber wealthy, but the Quail might be worth a look.
The Irony is that they don't have much in the way of jets there!

Is Quail still $650 for the day?

Quick Reply: OT - The Quail 2019 at PB Concours