Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   .1 RS-Most reliable of the 991 GT cars!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1118596-1-rs-most-reliable-of-the-991-gt-cars.html)

rosenbergendo 12-14-2018 07:55 AM

.1 RS-Most reliable of the 991 GT cars!!

Anyone find it ironic how out of all four 991 GT3.1, RS.1, 991.2 GT3, and Rs.2 that the RS.1 will go down as the one with the least amount of problems. So much for that 250k motorsport engine that is headed my way......in 3 months. .1 RS have many many track miles now and have overwhelmingly been reliable.

Waxer 12-14-2018 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo (Post 15496431)
Anyone find it ironic how out of all four 991 GT3.1, RS.1, 991.2 GT3, and Rs.2 that the RS.1 will go down as the one with the least amount of problems. So much for that 250k motorsport engine that is headed my way......in 3 months. .1 RS have many many track miles now and have overwhelmingly been reliable.

.1RS has proven very reliable. The limited issues with the .2 GT3/RS seems to be with the oil pump on some cars. Another vendor issue. Rather limited though.

R.Deacon 12-14-2018 08:52 AM

yes , even more impressive is how P stands behind there product when an issue presents , seems the only thing not covered is the unit attached to the steering wheel .

Waxer 12-14-2018 08:59 AM

I said bad oil pumps. Going back and looking I believe the issue was bad rod bearings based on best info. Another vendor issue. Seems limited in scope.

BlazinPond 12-14-2018 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo (Post 15496431)

A bit early to state such nonsense IMO.

Fwiw, your never-ending commentary bashing the new 4.0 motorsports engine or those that own them comes off desperate to justify an older car.

Actually... glad you finally have one coming so you can give it a rest :cheers:

rosenbergendo 12-14-2018 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by BlazinPond (Post 15496581)

Fwiw, your never-ending commentary bashing the new 4.0 motorsports engine or those that own them comes off desperate to justify an older car.

Have one on the boat bro, so not bashing. Just amusing all the bashing of the prev Gen and the new Jesus motor has issues also. I can also tell you something else. If there is a major issue with the motor that entails more than just an ancillary component replacement I am out.

disden 12-14-2018 10:26 AM

I agree, my .1 RS was a monster, never had a single problem in over 8000 miles with heavy track use. Other then changing oil, plugs was perfect. Regretting now trading in for my current .2RS if there are indeed some engine issues. I thought the whole argument that it was somehow inferior because it didn't have a "motorsports" derived engine was complete uppity/pompous BS spouted by people who like to look at their cars in the garage and at CCs, not actually track drive them.

consolidated 12-14-2018 10:28 AM

It is amusing. Maybe 'Motorsports motor' means it needs motorsports care and feeding. winking face.

mac10 12-14-2018 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by BlazinPond (Post 15496581)

+1

It's so obvious when people post things to make themselves feel better. Unfortunately happens on all forums, you very quickly learn who is credible and who is self-serving. It is amusing though, to watch some of these people argue their points to exhaustion and beyond.

Maverick787 12-14-2018 10:37 AM

Guys, cool the jets who said it’s an engine problem? First, cars are still on the road, and if it’s a know problem they would have recalled them and no deliveries would occur similar with one happen with the 2014’s. Several cars were released in JAX off the Goodwood Tuesday. Will let you know more my car is on it’s way to the dealer I hear.

rosenbergendo 12-14-2018 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mac10 (Post 15496661)
+1

It's so obvious when people post things to make themselves feel better. Unfortunately happens on all forums, you very quickly learn who is credible and who is self-serving. It is amusing though, to watch some of these people argue their points to exhaustion and beyond.

I feel so much better about myself. Whew. Totally self serving as I need to prop up every last dollar from my departed .1 RS to afford my new RS or I might go broke. Hit em with the Hein.

Cay_PI 12-14-2018 11:05 AM

.1 4.0 Engine was used in the GT3 R and ran the 24hr races. Can't be so bad ;)

mdrums 12-14-2018 11:08 AM

Whats the issue with the .2 GT3? I just got a 2018 GT3...did I miss an issue with this car?

robmypro 12-14-2018 11:27 AM

I think the evidence is starting to show that this is a “batch” or “supplier” problem, and not an “engine design” problem. But in reality, that is all the finger follower problem was as well. Mine has 30k miles on it without issue, and there are plenty more like it. Only maybe 5% of .1 991 GT3s had the issue. The difference is that Porsche didn’t catch the finger follower problem soon enough, and they didn’t know for sure which cars would have the problem and which wouldn’t. They probably lacked data on each set of finger followers to know. In this case it appears they do know, which makes this a much easier problem to address.

Ultimately sh!t happens when you are in the business of leading and not following. But this shouldn’t take anything away from the .2s, just like i thought it was unfair to slam the .1s for the finger follower issues. It is a brilliant car, and for the vast majority of owners it will turn out to be amazing. I know it has for me, and for thousands of others. Heck, even when interacting with hundreds of owners with regards to COG, only a handful had experienced the problem themselves.

Hopefully we can avoid the mistake of tarnishing the .2s because of this. It would be unfair, just like it was unfair to tarnish the .1s for a problem with one part. And finally, we need to recognize that this is truly a first world, 1 percenter problem. You will get your cars, and they will be awesome. There are lots and lots of people out there wondering how they are going to be able to afford gifts for their kids. Or put food on the table.

Jimmy-D 12-14-2018 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mdrums (Post 15496772)
Whats the issue with the .2 GT3? I just got a 2018 GT3...did I miss an issue with this car?

I have heard nothing of issues with the 4.0. There were a few people that had some oil leakage issues due to a faulty part but no confirmation this is wide spread or a defective part in 'X" number of cars.

After going thru the engine replacement in 2014 at the port nothing really phases me.

***There have also been confirmed reports of some engine replacements on the .1 RS but also did not hear their is an ongoing issue with that engine either.