991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to pull trigger on .1 GT3... Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,795 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Find one that you really like, then negotiate a fair price. Don't spend this kind of money and settle for a car that doesn't grab you just to save a few bucks because it seems like a 'deal'.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Find one that you really like, then negotiate a fair price. Don't spend this kind of money and settle for a car that doesn't grab you just to save a few bucks because it seems like a 'deal'.
Exactly. Getting the right car is worth way more.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by poison123
Damn making me glad I paid 112k for my 14' GT3 now.
Well done sir! 😉
Old 01-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to revive an old thread, but just wanted to post an update. Firstly, thanks all for the amazing feedback - it was extremely helpful. What a great community this is. Secondly, I did end up buying option 2. As a reminder, option 2 was 2015, LWBS, FAL, leather, SC, CPO, <14k miles, $155k MSRP, GT Silver. Basically perfectly optioned for me but color gave me pause - I have never been a Silver car guy. However, after multiple visits to local dealerships to check out various flavors of 911s in GT Silver (although no GT cars), I liked the color more than I thought I would. Got a PPI done and pulled the trigger post much deliberation. Car showed up on the truck this am. Color looks even better on a GT car! Unfortunately, I had to leave for work shortly after delivery, but can't wait to get back! Just a surreal day - still sinking in that I am fortunate to be a GT car owner at 30. Growing up in a 3rd world country, I didn't even dare dream of stuff like this. Not sure how long this will last, but I plan to enjoy the ride till it does!

And I guess, this post would be incomplete without a photo, so here it is from 7am this morning:

Thanks again!

Last edited by Neebs; 03-10-2021 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:50 PM
iczer34
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Neebs
Hate to revive an old thread, but just wanted to post an update. Firstly, thanks all for the amazing feedback - it was extremely helpful. What a great community this is. Secondly, I did end up buying option 2. As a reminder, option 2 was 2015, LWBS, FAL, leather, SC, CPO, <14k miles, $155k MSRP, GT Silver. Basically perfectly optioned for me but color gave me pause - I have never been a Silver car guy. However, after multiple visits to local dealerships to check out various flavors of 911s in GT Silver (although no GT cars), I liked the color more than I thought I would. Got a PPI done and pulled the trigger post much deliberation. Car showed up on the truck this am. Color looks even better on a GT car! Unfortunately, I had to leave for work shortly after delivery, but can't wait to get back! Just a surreal day - still sinking in that I am fortunate to be a GT car owner at 30. Growing up in a 3rd world country, I didn't even dare dream of stuff like this. Not sure how long this will last, but I plan to enjoy the ride till it does!

Also, I know few of you mentioned you are in the market for 991.1 GT3 and so thought I'd provide an actual data point in the hope that it helps someone. I transacted at $125k (car was initially listed at $137k, dropped to $133k a which point I offered $125k. Shortly thereafter, they dropped it to $129k and then took my offer).

And I guess, this post would be incomplete without a photo, so here it is from 7am this morning:

Thanks again!
Congrats! Excellent job being patient and getting it at a great price! 20% off MSRP. Enjoy in good health!

Old 01-18-2019, 04:09 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was this through a dealer or was it a private party purchase? They dropped quite a bit!
Old 01-18-2019, 05:09 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

That is a great deal but also shows how well these .1s have held up depreciation wise. Enjoy the car!
Old 01-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jkfuel
Was this through a dealer or was it a private party purchase? They dropped quite a bit!
Dealer. Tbh, lots of GT3s in the market and few buyers. If dealers want to move cars, they need to price right, but none seem to understand that till after they sit on it for weeks / months. Ones that are priced right, move. Also, may be dealing in a tanking stock market (end of Dec / early Jan) helped me a little?

Originally Posted by iczer34
Congrats! Excellent job being patient and getting it at a great price! 20% off MSRP. Enjoy in good health!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by robmypro
That is a great deal but also shows how well these .1s have held up depreciation wise. Enjoy the car!
Thanks! And yes, hopefully they continue to hold (at least relatively better than other cars)
Old 01-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

delete.. repost
Old 01-18-2019, 06:15 PM
garudatwo
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

May I ask if you paid shipping or if they offered?
Old 01-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by garudatwo
May I ask if you paid shipping or if they offered?
I paid shipping. Got a good rate from Plycar and great service too

Quick Reply: Ready to pull trigger on .1 GT3... Need Feedback