Sponsored by:

GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 08:01 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by vtxdrew
Mine was released from port hold today at Davisville. Awaiting shipment to dealership now. Production ended 11/26 for this one.
That's pretty quick compared to mine. My GT3 was 11/09 production end date. Released from Davisville today as well, transport to Philly.

Were you given any info on why it was held?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 PM
jchou38
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vtxdrew
Mine was released from port hold today at Davisville. Awaiting shipment to dealership now. Production ended 11/26 for this one.

Mine was also released today. should be arriving at the dealership tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:13 AM
RickyGT3
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My car was released today. Should be at dealer soon.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:16 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Happy for ya
Old 12-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,386 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Amazing that with the entire resources and knowledge base of RLers, who are able to so accurately predict such things as market trends, build numbers, future model specs, tell people why they took the wrong line on track, tell Porsche why they designed their cars wrong, that no one has access to actual information about something that's been ongoing.

It's almost as if we're completely useless.
There seems to be some type of gag order on this one.

Eventually the truth will leak out but this one even more tight lipped than 2014 port hold.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:18 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I believe PCNA will come out and explain it once they have the information and resolution for the cars involved. We've reached the point that, for any cars that are still held, the future owners are due an explanation.

Do we even know if any cars are still held? Seems most are released.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

mine 3RS still at Davisville . Still shows 4/5 release date.
I have a GT3T on the otherside waiting to board on 12/28 , that one shows January dealer arrival
Old 12-19-2018, 12:06 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I believe PCNA will come out and explain it once they have the information and resolution for the cars involved. We've reached the point that, for any cars that are still held, the future owners are due an explanation.

Do we even know if any cars are still held? Seems most are released.

Mine still says hold... i spoke with Simon Kuhnimhof Vice President, Customer Experience and this is what he told me,

"In response to your second question, there are a number of reasons why we might pull a vehicle aside during the process from manufacturing to delivery to the dealer. This is part of Porsche's best-in-industry quality control and why our cars rank so highly in quality studies and customer satisfaction. We try as hard as we can to avoid this occurring to Customer Sold orders - such as yours, but unfortunately that cannot always be assured. Please be assured that we are currently doing everything possible to ensure a timely delivery of your vehicle while upholding the highest Porsche standard in quality. Additional communication to our dealers and customers will follow in due course."

My response to him...
"I do have to tell you that the buying experience on this Porsche has been sub par. Especially when it comes to communication to your customers about what is wrong with our cars. Right not we have no explanation on to why our cars are being held. All speculation at this point. All I am hearing is there will be communication to what the issue is. Well, if you know what the issue is, let your customers know. My car arrives in port on 1/12/19 and now won’t be released until 3/29/19 commission number C47895.

I would appreciate an answer to why the car is being held. I don't want to hear, “a communication will be coming.”"

His response back...

"You make a great point and I understand your frustration. It is part of my role in the organization to facilitate the best possible customer communication in a situation like this. Besides the immediacy of the response, I also want to ensure that a communication contains relevant and accurate details, and a concrete outlook of what will happen and what we can offer.

Please allow me to ask for your continued patience as we assemble these points."

Pretty frustrating that they wont provide us with the answers...

Old 12-19-2018, 12:24 PM
Jangobipbip
Instructor

Received 153 Likes on 34 Posts

Better than politicians....
Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's pure gold:

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
"You make a great point and I understand your frustration. It is part of my role in the organization to facilitate the best possible customer communication in a situation like this.
I understand your frustration, it's my job to eliminate this but............... I'm still not going to tell you anything!!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I heard the hold up was the gt3rs was putting in better lap times than gt2rs. They are reprogramming engine transmission suspension etc to slow them down and appease the people who paid $200k adm for a “limited” gt2rs. Limited to about 3000 units just in ny/nj area seems like
Old 12-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Snowy999
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Just visiting from the lowly GT4 forum.

I think we GT4 owners are all hoping that this delay is because they dont have enough GT3 engines to put in the new 718 GT4 and they have found a new source......

Ok end of the usual GT4 fantasy - I've read this thread and share all your frustration - I hope you get some clarity soon - it's like being in hospital and them saying that its serious, yes we know what's wrong, its serious enough that you are going to be in quarantine for three months but we are not going to tell you what's going on.

Now in the UK where I live the NHS may get away with this for a bit but in the US you would be litigating.

Good luck to all affected.

Snowy
Old 12-19-2018, 01:52 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

I was told they are inspecting a fitting on the car to see if it leaks oil, if it doesn't the car is released

Most are being released
Old 12-19-2018, 01:56 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowy999
Just visiting from the lowly GT4 forum.

I think we GT4 owners are all hoping that this delay is because they dont have enough GT3 engines to put in the new 718 GT4 and they have found a new source......

Ok end of the usual GT4 fantasy - I've read this thread and share all your frustration - I hope you get some clarity soon - it's like being in hospital and them saying that its serious, yes we know what's wrong, its serious enough that you are going to be in quarantine for three months but we are not going to tell you what's going on.

Now in the UK where I live the NHS may get away with this for a bit but in the US you would be litigating.

Good luck to all affected.

Snowy

Originally Posted by Izzone
I was told they are inspecting a fitting on the car to see if it leaks oil, if it doesn't the car is released

Most are being released
This sounds plausible.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:21 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

Most are being released
It's curious that they think a leak would show up on a car with 13 miles on it. Unless a gasket wasn't installed or some bolt was never tightened. It's starting to make me think the issue is something embarrassing so a committee has to be formed to come up with an appropriate naming strategy using non gender specific pronouns and such.

If my car was delayed at port I would ask to see the engine hours.

Quick Reply: GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April