Sponsored by:

GT3 flip value?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 05:22 PM
yxc145
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Eh, that cancelled order car and the car you want don't seem that much different. And 4 ways are actually more comfortable than the 18 way seats. So it's really down to color. Is the color yellow worth $20K to you? Racing yellow is a standard color, and it's really not that rare. I'd buy that cancelled car and put my $20k in something else aftermarket.
Agree. If the dealer is trying to do to do all this, maybe they think it will be hard to sell that car. You may even be able to get a little discount. Once again, use the money to buy the 18 way seats and put them in.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:54 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by victorc31
I did that, and gave them my credit card too. The sales guy thought he could get the allocation assigned to me. The GM said no, showed me a stack of folders which he said was a waitlist of loyal customers. Then they offered me the cancelled order. I came up w/ the buy/trade if I could get the allocation. They came up w/ 20k below msrp. So these guys aren't letting a build go to someone with no history.
They've got a stack of folders full of wait lists of loyal customers, but they still have an GT3 allocation to offer. Sounds totally legit to me...
Old 12-14-2018, 12:38 AM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by victorc31
This is right. I get to spec my own GT3 at MSRP if I buy a cancelled order at MSRP and trade it back at $20k below sticker.
There really is not much more to it than that.
Oh, and this is my first Porsche, so I guess it's an initiation fee too :-)

Thats ridiculous. you end up paying sales tax on two cars, just so you can pay an ADM of $20k. Firstly the ADM is high, in my estimation, but say thats the price of admission — fine — you are way better off paying over sticker than doing the buy / sell / buy thing. makes no sense.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:05 AM
W. MITTY
Instructor

Received 240 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by whojoemama

Thats ridiculous. you end up paying sales tax on two cars, just so you can pay an ADM of $20k. Firstly the ADM is high, in my estimation, but say thats the price of admission — fine — you are way better off paying over sticker than doing the buy / sell / buy thing. makes no sense.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Paying sales tax twice adds a fortune to the price of admission. Even if they can keep the first deal on the books to give you a trade equity credit against the second purchase, it still stinks to high heaven. Its easy for the dealer to suggest this, as its all upside for them, especially to a naive first time buyer with stars in his/her eyes. There are so many other cars available, and sales are slow. Just ask the honest seller right now; most who list are faced with goofball low-ballers and brokers. Dealers have huge incentive to make it seem otherwise. Tell these guys to go jump in a lake. As a somewhat recent seller of a GT3, I still have a sour taste in my mouth. Losing 40k on a car deal used to be reserved to new Ferraris. Now we get to enjoy it on VW products too!

Quick Reply: GT3 flip value?