Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 3RS scheduled to be stuck at port for 3 MONTHS!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Blazed
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New 3RS scheduled to be stuck at port for 3 MONTHS!?

My new 3RS is currently on the Southern Highway heading for the Port of Benicia (Northern California) and is scheduled to arrive between 1/11 and 1/13. When my SA and I looked at my expected delivery date, which was initially projected to be the end of January, it has now been moved to April 5th. Nearly three months after it arrives at port! We checked several other vehicles heading to their dealership on the same ship and all of the expected delivery dates have remained unchanged and are on schedule. Mine is the only one to be delayed and it's the only GT car of theirs on board. Why would my car be delayed at port this long? Or is this just inaccurate info? CARB and EPA has been completed on these cars so it must be something else. The SA thinks it may be a glitch and they just put a far off date since they don't have the correct type of truck scheduled to load an RS vehicle at this point in time. All of their other vehicles being delivered are non-GT cars and don't require a specific truck with hydraulic lift. Obviously I'm very concerned that the vehicle may have been damaged being loaded in Emden and they plan on "fixing" it at port. He said we can reach out to regional once the car arrives to see if that updated schedule is indeed correct or if it will update again to a more reasonable time frame. Any input and advice is much appreciated. Thank you everyone!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:40 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 582 Posts

I think most likely this is a Glitch in the system
I think the chance of damage is an over concern... there is no way they can predict the amount of time needed to repair if damage occur , so just delaying by 3 months is most likely a glitch
also to ease your mind, my understanding that car companies have to disclose damage repair for a new car if it is above a certain percentage of MSRP
not sure on details , hope someone can come in
Old 12-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 127 Posts

I know for a fact that numerous GT3 RS's and GT2RS's have been delivered thru Benicia, so they can definitely handle those cars. Have you contacted PCNA? They usually aren't very helpful with port info, but worth a try. Sure sounds like it's bad info.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Blazed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chris88
I know for a fact that numerous GT3 RS's and GT2RS's have been delivered thru Benicia, so they can definitely handle those cars. Have you contacted PCNA? They usually aren't very helpful with port info, but worth a try. Sure sounds like it's bad info.
We will be contacting PCNA once the car arrives, at this point he feels they won't be able to do anything until the car is actually there and we really see what the status is. But the interesting thing is the delivery date changed from 1/28 to 4/5 once the car was loaded in Emden but all of their other vehicles on the same ship had no changes, it was specifically my car and nothing else. Just a very strange situation.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Craig
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My 2RS was delivered to Benicia in early November. Port arrival was about 1 month earlier than expected (my SA previously told me that the shipping times are always conservative). Once in port, it took about 5 business days to get the car to the dealership. The 3 month delay at Port is very strange; can't believe that there would be damage w/out a prior disclosure of some sort -- doesn't make sense w/ cars/values like these. Bbased on my experience, I'd say it was a glitch, tho I'd certainly push PSNA on this.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:58 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Can we merge these two threads?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l-april-3.html
Old 12-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Blazed
Advanced

Originally Posted by sgroer
yes please
Old 12-12-2018, 06:00 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

My 15 GT3 was delayed in Jan 2015 when there were no enclosed delivery trucks to pick up the cars. All of the trucks were being used for the Barrett Jackson auction cars which I guess pay a higher premium than Porsche pays.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:02 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazed
We will be contacting PCNA once the car arrives, at this point he feels they won't be able to do anything until the car is actually there and we really see what the status is. But the interesting thing is the delivery date changed from 1/28 to 4/5 once the car was loaded in Emden but all of their other vehicles on the same ship had no changes, it was specifically my car and nothing else. Just a very strange situation.
Update, mine is also on the Southern Highway with port entry 1/11 and has changed from exiting Benicia on 2/8 to 3/29... weird...
Old 12-12-2018, 07:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Let’s merge threads.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Let’s merge threads.
agreed
Old 12-19-2018, 01:43 PM
ajgrs
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got of the phone with the people at pnca said my car is still on for delivery Jan 18 (WP chalk) but my dealer saying a delay on my car but might drop before it hits the U.S. . Car started production on 11/8/18 and enter the port in Emden on 12/3/18.

Quick Reply: New 3RS scheduled to be stuck at port for 3 MONTHS!?