Recommendation for car haulers NY->LA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 05:01 PM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Intercity was as described above. Very good experience
I'm sure I was more of an isolated incident but my experience with them was the exact opposite
Old 01-12-2019, 03:35 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mr965
Curious to hear who you end up using and if you’re satisfied. For future reference sake. Thank you.
Ended up going with Reliable as recommended to me by the storage company that will be looking after my car for the next few weeks. Easy to deal with and very prompt - they picked up the car the next day. Car arrived with no scratches or issues. So no complaints here!
Old 01-12-2019, 05:00 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Notably, next weekend is the big auction weekend in Scottsdale, AZ, so a bunch of carriers will have many trucks rolling from AZ up to the NE hauling cars away (e.g. Reliable is the sponsor for Barrett Jackson, which alone will sell nearly 2,000 cars). That also means many will have empty trucks on return, and probably hoping not to deadhead back home. If you time it right, I suspect you can get a really attractive rate.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

horseless carriage.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Plycar can be a little spotty in their quality control
Had terrible experience with them, never again.

Intercity and Reliable get my vote.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:19 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I used Intercity - they were on time. but the guy stalled my car not 1, or 2, or 3 x

HE STALLED THE CAR ELEVEN TIMES!!!!

And then the car arrived with a dead battery - He left the key in the ignition with the window down, So my car was then at the bottom of my driveway, Windows down, keys in ignition, and the driver leaves me there like that.

Would not use again - I was very disappointed.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:34 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
I used Intercity - they were on time. but the guy stalled my car not 1, or 2, or 3 x

HE STALLED THE CAR ELEVEN TIMES!!!!

And then the car arrived with a dead battery - He left the key in the ignition with the window down, So my car was then at the bottom of my driveway, Windows down, keys in ignition, and the driver leaves me there like that.

Would not use again - I was very disappointed.
OMG. I even bet the driver probably thought he did a good job - he got the car their on time and unscathed, job well done! Sometimes its so freaking hard to get employees to understand (and OWN) the whole customer experience.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:51 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
Notably, next weekend is the big auction weekend in Scottsdale, AZ, so a bunch of carriers will have many trucks rolling from AZ up to the NE hauling cars away (e.g. Reliable is the sponsor for Barrett Jackson, which alone will sell nearly 2,000 cars). That also means many will have empty trucks on return, and probably hoping not to deadhead back home. If you time it right, I suspect you can get a really attractive rate.

Not really, there might be a small window to get a deal but these days a lot of those trucks hang out in the region because they all get filled right back up next week and go back with the new owners. With operating costs what they are its cheaper and makes more sense to pay for a hotel room for a few nights rather than burn a bunch of fuel in an empty truck when there are 2,000 plus cars in the Scottsdale region waiting to get onto a truck.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,592 Likes on 737 Posts

Live a little and cannonball run it.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:24 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Haven't personally used them, but a friend got a great deal on his M5 from NYC to San Fran.

https://www.montway.com/

I believe the Manhattan Classic Car Club uses them a fair deal as well. If you are not in a hurry, they can get you some good rates (as they they have a wide network of companies they partner with so similar to a consolidator can get some last min deals)
Old 01-14-2019, 11:34 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
Not really, there might be a small window to get a deal but these days a lot of those trucks hang out in the region because they all get filled right back up next week and go back with the new owners. With operating costs what they are its cheaper and makes more sense to pay for a hotel room for a few nights rather than burn a bunch of fuel in an empty truck when there are 2,000 plus cars in the Scottsdale region waiting to get onto a truck.
Sorry, not following...

Quick Reply: Recommendation for car haulers NY->LA?