Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 05:45 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
thank you both for sharing. interested in your impressions of how loud it is when driving around town. I'm really interested in getting one of these, but don't want something obnoxiously loud that will turn heads everywhere
Honestly it’s loud but the key is throttle position. If you mash the throttle, it will turn heads. Also keeping rpms below I’d say 4k and it’s fine. The upper rpm’s literally sound like the RSR (aka loud AF). I haven’t taken it on the highway yet so I can’t comment there.

I’d post videos but honestly it wouldn’t be an accurate representation of the sound. All the videos on the internet seem loud but you really have to hear it in person to appreciate the volume and tone and how loud it actually is.

I don’t want to state the obvious but it’s a straight pipe, so it is loud. It’s definitely bearable though.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I have valves side deletes and feel the drone is bad, but its a low, miserable drone, i wonder if the drone is gone, but just loud, drone and loud are 2 different things. cant wait to here it, 4k is 108db. thats crazy, how many db is 9k?
Old 12-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs

Honestly it’s loud but the key is throttle position. If you mash the throttle, it will turn heads. Also keeping rpms below I’d say 4k and it’s fine. The upper rpm’s literally sound like the RSR (aka loud AF). I haven’t taken it on the highway yet so I can’t comment there.

I’d post videos but honestly it wouldn’t be an accurate representation of the sound. All the videos on the internet seem loud but you really have to hear it in person to appreciate the volume and tone and how loud it actually is.

I don’t want to state the obvious but it’s a straight pipe, so it is loud. It’s definitely bearable though.
thanks - that's really helpful. I agree that videos can help you discern sound and tone, but they can't really convey volume level.

your comments on the throttle position confirm what I suspected about this setup. can you comment on how different this is relative to other exhausts you have either owned or heard (i.e. GMG center bypass, etc.)?
Old 12-20-2018, 06:48 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Please, let us know about any drone, and at what RPMs and throttle position.

I think is loud but bearable, as I ran straight pipes from the cats in my 996 and 997 series GT3s, they were loud but not killer loud.

Killer loud is headers, no cats, and straight pipes (I tested this with FabSpeed headers, no cats, and Sharkwerks center bypass in my .1 GT3 RS, it lasted 1 day).
Old 12-20-2018, 07:01 PM
ad2330
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 61 Posts

Alright, just drove it home from the shop after install. I would generally echo your comments above.

This setup is absolutely mental...and I LOVE IT! We’ll see as time wears on, but for now I’m in love. I hit 8k on the on-ramp and I simply can’t describe it. It’s magical.

Ilovecarbs is right on in that when wanting civility, throttle position is key.

If you’re considering, I say GO FOR IT!
Old 12-20-2018, 07:12 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
your comments on the throttle position confirm what I suspected about this setup. can you comment on how different this is relative to other exhausts you have either owned or heard (i.e. GMG center bypass, etc.)?
I’m coming from a BBI center bypass; in relation to the JCR race pipe there is no comparison in terms of volume/sound. The BBI was deeper and only really “loud” close to redline. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the sound of the BBI, just wished it was louder. The JCR race pipe has a completely different tone, it’s higher pitched, not like F1, but not unlike the RSR.

I contemplated getting the Akrapovic equivalent (side muffler/center bypass combination) but heard it in person and it really didn’t sound good to me and wasn’t really loud.

That’s where the JCR shines. I believe the combination of the pipe length (side muffler loop), x-pipe collector, and titanium create a unique sound that no one else has replicated.

I’ve heard most (not all) exhaust setups on the 991 in person. The JCR is definitely my favorite. But I like my exhaust loud and unfiltered. YMMV

p.s. I don’t work for JCR, just an extremely happy customer.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:22 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by ad2330

Alright, just drove it home from the shop after install. I would generally echo your comments above.

This setup is absolutely mental...and I LOVE IT! We’ll see as time wears on, but for now I’m in love. I hit 8k on the on-ramp and I simply can’t describe it. It’s magical.

Ilovecarbs is right on in that when wanting civility, throttle position is key.

If you’re considering, I say GO FOR IT!

I’m coming from a BBI center bypass; in relation to the JCR race pipe there is no comparison in terms of volume/sound. The BBI was deeper and only really “loud” close to redline. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the sound of the BBI, just wished it was louder. The JCR race pipe has a completely different tone, it’s higher pitched, not like F1, but not unlike the RSR.

I contemplated getting the Akrapovic equivalent (side muffler/center bypass combination) but heard it in person and it really didn’t sound good to me and wasn’t really loud.

That’s where the JCR shines. I believe the combination of the pipe length (side muffler loop), x-pipe collector, and titanium create a unique sound that no one else has replicated.

I’ve heard most (not all) exhaust setups on the 991 in person. The JCR is definitely my favorite. But I like my exhaust loud and unfiltered. YMMV

p.s. I don’t work for JCR, just an extremely happy customer.
Its reading reviews like these which make it all worth while, great to hear that you're both enjoying the results and also you both also feel that the Race Pipe is as I described in the way that the volume / 'drone' is controllable with the throttle and not just present at all times.

Look forward to more videos coming through in the future, in the mean time enjoy!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 12-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a silenced version coming and can’t wait for it. I figure if that is even too loud for me I’ll add a set of silenced tips without downturns.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:33 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jon70
I have a silenced version coming and can’t wait for it. I figure if that is even too loud for me I’ll add a set of silenced tips without downturns.
It'll be a nice set up, I'm intrigued to compare dB readings with OEM Headers & Race Pipe to our Race Headers & Silenced Race Pipe. Deleting the cats adds a lot of volume but I think they may end up quite close.

We're adapting the design of our Silenced Tips and will be offering Race Pipe specific versions with increased internal diameter and the option for with or without downturn upon request.

Lots of exciting things to come for us in 2019, exhaust offerings almost complete and then we're into the 'air in' side of things

JC
Old 12-21-2018, 08:11 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
It'll be a nice set up, I'm intrigued to compare dB readings with OEM Headers & Race Pipe to our Race Headers & Silenced Race Pipe. Deleting the cats adds a lot of volume but I think they may end up quite close.

We're adapting the design of our Silenced Tips and will be offering Race Pipe specific versions with increased internal diameter and the option for with or without downturn upon request.

Lots of exciting things to come for us in 2019, exhaust offerings almost complete and then we're into the 'air in' side of things

JC
When will info...pics and prices on the silence race pipe be on your website?
Old 12-23-2018, 06:17 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
When will info...pics and prices on the silence race pipe be on your website?
Release will be mid January so really not too long. Price is set at £3395.00 GBP for the Silenced Race Pipe and we will have stock available to ship upon release, currently closed manufacturing for the holiday period but straight back into it in the new year.

JC
Old 12-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Dougr743
Pro

The silenced could be a dual extension pipe to the tip, with the valve and a silenced upper extension, then value closes the upper extension and allows the totally open existing system? that would be great, so all the volume that is now, with the sound, but the valve runs the small diameter to the silenced part when value is off. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone!
Old 12-23-2018, 01:01 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dougr743
The silenced could be a dual extension pipe to the tip, with the valve and a silenced upper extension, then value closes the upper extension and allows the totally open existing system? that would be great, so all the volume that is now, with the sound, but the valve runs the small diameter to the silenced part when value is off. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone!
I did consider a valved race pipe however 2x 70mm Titanium valves, added pipe work, silencers and a complex merge would sit the exhaust at pretty high price when all is considered.

I’m not sure that the demand would be there at the price point but it’s very possible (we have it drawn up) and I suppose if the demand was there we could make it?

JC

Old 12-23-2018, 01:13 PM
Dougr743
Pro

you already have the upper from the center delete, with silencer, then merge it into the straight section with valve pre merge. lol sorry, telling you how to make exhaust, really have no clue, just thought it would be a really cool option. What does the silencer come into play with the config you are thinking now?
Old 12-23-2018, 04:08 PM
ad2330
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 61 Posts

Let me just say, PDK downshifts + Race Exhaust = fvcking magical... WOW..

There is nothing like it. Been driving this thing a bit now and let me just say this set up is intense. Definitely not for the faint of heart. BUT - If you’re like me and 1) don’t DD your car 2) fed up with how quiet the stock exhaust was 3) wanted a totally unique sound that brings to life this amazing machine

you must try this setup. It is something

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)