Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Very interested in this. Never heard of JCR though. Can you give us a background on your company? History/place of manufacture? And any more pics w/tips installed on car and pics of full system assembled off of car? Only asking because I’m interested.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:30 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have to admit. This set-up interests me.

It may be a bit too much though for my liking
I think it would be too much as well. Pretty much all exhaust videos sound meh and they’re much better in real life. This video sounded F1 loud though or almost like a Ferrari FXXK on the downshifts. So in real life I bet this is insanely loud. Love it but.........
Old 12-04-2018, 07:20 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

For the people that I haven't quoted, thank you for the compliments

Originally Posted by krell
I saw this on your IG account over the weekend and it sounds fabulous. For those that have to deal with sound restrictions at the track, is this even an option? Obviously one would have to be able to tolerate it on the street too so feedback there would be relevant as well (even if different tolerance levels exist for people).
Without running on a zero noise limit day I think you would struggle to be honest, the sound is extreme. We need to do some drive by dB noise readings but I expect its way above any UK / Euro track noise limit.

In regards to personal tolerance, totally agreed. This is why its so difficult to say if this exhaust would be suitable or not for a customer.

At low RPM and low throttle openings its possible to have a totally normal level conversation in the car, I wouldn't say this system produces any 'boom' or 'drone' but theres no doubt that its not quiet. Again, all very subjective but personally I can run this exhaust without any annoyance. The low down noise level is less than running non valved side deletes with OEM centre.

Originally Posted by drdonger
Excellent design. X pipe so that exhaust sides meet and lightweight. A little on the pricey side though for just pipes.
You say that, but its not too far to look for another Titanium system which offers far less than our own for a heavier price tag. Less than half of the material, 3x less welds, no merge etc etc etc. The raw sheet material we use for all of our Titanium exhaust components is the best of the best when it comes to exhaust grade material and the manufacturing (here in the UK) really doesn't come cheap. I can guarantee we're running with a whole lot less margin than any of the alternatives.

Im just happy to be able to bring the best quality items for what I feel is a fair price, representing the best value for money.

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
I pressed play and as it was black, dark and silent I thought I hadn't got the volume up high enough. I turned up to max and then got the fly by and nearly blew my windows out!! I want that pipe so bad but I'd get busted so quick over here in California. And would even be able to short shift and coast past the sound booth at Laguna Seca!!!
Nice work though.
sorry about that! I guess you treated whoever was close to a great sounding clip though

Originally Posted by Guest89
Jonny,

OEM headers on the car in the video?
The car in the video is installed with OEM headers yes. 991.1 GT3 RS.

Really excited to hear our Titanium Race Pipe installed on a 991.2 GT3 RS.. Another 400rpm and a naturally more 'scream' tone from that race derived 4.0 will be incredible!

I have to admit. This set-up interests me.

It may be a bit too much though for my liking
Its certainly not for the faint of heart but the sound is truly addictive!

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Amazing video. I have the comparable Akra set up (center w/ link pipe OEM headers/cats) and it sounds nothing like this system in terms of energy or intensity. Well done JCR.
Thanks for the compliments, we have worked seriously hard to perfect the routing, lengths and merge section in order to balance the optimum amount of back pressure whilst creating a truly unique sound. I wish I could capture the sound better than I have already, truly needs to be heard to be believed this one.

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs
Very interested in this. Never heard of JCR though. Can you give us a background on your company? History/place of manufacture? And any more pics w/tips installed on car and pics of full system assembled off of car? Only asking because I’m interested.
Of course, we started out back in 2013, focussing first on the R35 GTR market. We're based in the UK and for the past 12 months have turned our attention to the Porsche GT market developing a wide range of products which we started to roll out very recently.

As for more images, we're completing press shots of the system off the car this week so will share right away.

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
I think it would be too much as well. Pretty much all exhaust videos sound meh and they’re much better in real life. This video sounded F1 loud though or almost like a Ferrari FXXK on the downshifts. So in real life I bet this is insanely loud. Love it but.........
Theres no doubt that its loud, the sound is truly unique. Very quality sound, not just volume as you say by comparing to FXX etc. There are plenty of straight pipe systems available for the 991 and most if not all sound very poor (in my opinion)

As I mention above, inside its possible to have a normal conversation in the car at low RPM. The volume is directly linked to throttle input and when you're out of the throttle there is little to no boom inside the cabin, this is mostly due to a proper merge such that the pulses are balancing one another which adds to the 'brass instrument' kind of sound that the Titanium Race Pipe produces at high RPM

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 12-04-2018, 01:02 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Wow, that sounds good. I’m seriously considering this.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:48 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Wow, that sounds good. I’m seriously considering this.
We have quite a few systems heading out soon so im sure there will be a much wider depth of video and opinion coming very soon.

All I can say is that the sound quality produced holds absolutely no comparison to any other system available today. I guess its difficult for me to pass judgement as its a biased opinion however im sure this will be mirrored by our early adopters.

JC
Old 12-04-2018, 01:59 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
We have quite a few systems heading out soon so im sure there will be a much wider depth of video and opinion coming very soon.

All I can say is that the sound quality produced holds absolutely no comparison to any other system available today. I guess its difficult for me to pass judgement as its a biased opinion however im sure this will be mirrored by our early adopters.

JC
Can you post some before/after dynos? Just would like to see the power and tq bands.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:32 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3

Can you post some before/after dynos? Just would like to see the power and tq bands.
We're planning to do a sweep of all of our exhaust components in every configuration prior to release of our headers. In the mean time ill dig out the runs from early testing with the race pipe installed with OEM headers and share.

JC
Old 12-04-2018, 03:03 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

We're planning to do a sweep of all of our exhaust components in every configuration prior to release of our headers. In the mean time ill dig out the runs from early testing with the race pipe installed with OEM headers and share.

JC
Great. Will this piece fit the new headers you’ll later release?
Old 12-04-2018, 04:24 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3

Great. Will this piece fit the new headers you’ll later release?
Yes, all of our parts are modular such that you can create the ‘ideal’ exhaust solution for you as we understand exhausts are not a ‘one size fits all’ kind of deal.

JC
Old 12-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

JC
I am no engineer but is there a reason why the pipe is so long that it is needed to loop where the OEM side exhaust used to be??
Old 12-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

I am no engineer but is there a reason why the pipe is so long that it is needed to loop where the OEM side exhaust used to be??
That's one of the reasons it sounds the way it does.

The factory 911 RSR has a very unique sound, partially attributable to it having longer exhaust pipes (because it's mid-engined); this exhaust was designed to mimic that sound (per JCR).
Old 12-04-2018, 05:07 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That's one of the reasons it sounds the way it does.

The factory 911 RSR has a very unique sound, partially attributable to it having longer exhaust pipes (because it's mid-engined); this exhaust was designed to mimic that sound (per JCR).
Exactly that, plus it gives us an opportunity to tune back pressure plus orientate the exhaust in a more natural path into the merge etc etc etc

Its all the small details which add up

JC
Old 12-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Exactly that, plus it gives us an opportunity to tune back pressure plus orientate the exhaust in a more natural path into the merge etc etc etc

Its all the small details which add up

JC
I assume you have spent some time underneath an RSR or have a friend in Weissach or at Manthey?

Or all trial and error.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:14 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I assume you have spent some time underneath an RSR or have a friend in Weissach or at Manthey?

Or all trial and error.
Without giving too much away these things don’t happen by accident. We work with some very talented engineers and years of know how mean that we’re producing products which have a real motorsport pedigree behind them.

Safe to say this isn’t guess work

JC
Old 12-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Love to here more from the early adopters as they start installing them.

Look/Sounds like a great Product and the Price is right.

But as you stated- not for the faint of heart

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)