Naturally-aspirated Porsche 911 GT3 to stay - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Naturally-aspirated Porsche 911 GT3 to stay

 
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 AM
  #46  
Warwick Morris
User
 
Warwick Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 313
Default

My view is it will be NA but with a electric motor in the PDK thus no more manuals. The new body apparently provides room for some batteries so look for an NA hybrid with Kers or something similar. Obviously Porsche has previously built a Kers "Cup Car" and has a lot of experience with hi performance NA hybrids. I would seriously doubt that 550-600 bhp from a 4L road car engine is realistically possible. In any event, the future of GT cars looks like they will be heavier which is not a great trend.
Warwick Morris is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 10:07 AM
  #47  
Buteo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Buteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,575
Default

Originally Posted by GrantG View Post

Howís that coming? Find any good ones?
Iíve had my eye on a couple. No garage space at the moment as my RS gets in this January and Iím storing an SLS AMG for a friend. He moves into his new place in the next month or so and at that time Iíll have my spot back.

Last edited by Buteo; 11-30-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Buteo is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 10:28 AM
  #48  
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
GrantG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,434
Default

Originally Posted by Buteo View Post


Iíve had my eye on a couple. No garage space at the moment as my RS gets in this January and Iím storing an SLS AMG for a friend. He moves into his new place in the next month or so and at that time Iíll have my spot back.
If you have to have someoneís car taking up your parking space, a Gullwing is a pretty good option

I saw one just this week (Silver-Gray color). Maybe same one?
GrantG is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 11:52 AM
  #49  
Porsch
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 275
Default

Originally Posted by lkoury View Post
Don't believe it. If the release of the 992 GTS brings close to 500 hp, they will need to get another 50 hp minimum to stay aligned, and will that keep them competitive in motorsport. Doubtful. But I hope they can pull it off.
Exactly

Originally Posted by cacpa View Post
This article is accurate, until another article comes along and opposes it.
​​​​​​​lol so true
Porsch is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 12:07 PM
  #50  
Buteo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Buteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,575
Default

Originally Posted by GrantG View Post

If you have to have someoneís car taking up your parking space, a Gullwing is a pretty good option

I saw one just this week (Silver-Gray color). Maybe same one?
Itís a fun car- a German muscle car with a bit of style. I like it quite a bit.

Not me driving the other day- havenít had it out in a while but it sounds similar in spec.

Here is his, obligatory Gullwing up!


Buteo is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 12:12 PM
  #51  
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
GrantG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,434
Default

Nice!
GrantG is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 12:19 PM
  #52  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,137
Default

Originally Posted by Buteo View Post


Itís a fun car- a German muscle car with a bit of style. I like it quite a bit.

Not me driving the other day- havenít had it out in a while but it sounds similar in spec.

Here is his, obligatory Gullwing up!


That is a cool car!
robmypro is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 12:31 PM
  #53  
mcipseric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mcipseric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by Buteo View Post
Hybrid+NA engine would be amazing if the weight is not too terrible.
This ^^^^^^
mcipseric is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 06:47 PM
  #54  
BCMgunner
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 190
Default

[QUOTE=mooty;15464838]each gen is faster
each gen has less feel
I now drive a 1973 mostly.


This... the 992 has me wanting an air cooled as my next 911.
BCMgunner is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 07:41 PM
  #55  
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
GrantG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,434
Default

[QUOTE=BCMgunner;15466473]
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
each gen is faster
each gen has less feel
I now drive a 1973 mostly.


This... the 992 has me wanting an air cooled as my next 911.
Not all air cooled cars are the same (made for 35 years). Get an MFI S or RS car (69-73), my favorite...
GrantG is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 03:56 AM
  #56  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,098
Default

^ lmao, get an MFI s or RS car...
I need the money tree.
mooty is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 05:39 AM
  #57  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 3,968
Default

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
^ lmao, get an MFI s or RS car...
I need the money tree.
All well and good until you start poking for rust. Makes the MFI rebuild look cheap to fix rust. Never again on long hoods for me. A CARB problem for Cali people, but peak aircooled is a backdated 77 (only year of full galvanized body shell and narrow body) with a 2.7 MFI, 2.5 short stroke, or 3.6 swap.
evilfij is online now  
Old 12-01-2018, 10:32 AM
  #58  
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
GrantG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,434
Default

[QUOTE=BCMgunner;15466473]
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
each gen is faster
each gen has less feel
I now drive a 1973 mostly.


This... the 992 has me wanting an air cooled as my next 911.
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
^ lmao, get an MFI s or RS car...
I need the money tree.
I bought my original 73S with factory leather Recaros in Aubergine for $16k. Then sold four years later for $27k, thinking I was a genius






I meant S or RS spec (not necessarily original- my RS was only a T)
GrantG is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 10:55 AM
  #59  
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
GrantG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,434
Default

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
All well and good until you start poking for rust. Makes the MFI rebuild look cheap to fix rust. Never again on long hoods for me.
Never a speck of rust on my 2, but I realize that is not the norm...
GrantG is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 02:43 PM
  #60  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,098
Default

[QUOTE=GrantG;15467529]
Originally Posted by BCMgunner View Post



I bought my original 73S with factory leather Recaros in Aubergine for $16k. Then sold four years later for $27k, thinking I was a genius






I meant S or RS spec (not necessarily original- my RS was only a T)
got ya, now I only need to sell one instead of both kidneys.
I drove them, lovely stuff.
but for now, I am ok with my mutt ;-)


LOL that aubergine is easily 150 today

mooty is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: