Sponsored by:

Review + Vid: JCR Titanium bypass vs OEM vs Sharkwerks

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:38 PM
gt3.997
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool Review + Vid: JCR Titanium bypass vs OEM vs Sharkwerks

I recently jumped in on the group buy from JCR for the non silenced titanium bypass. I was initially looking to purchase the akrapovic rear bypass but when JCR posted their product, I thought I would try it as it was attractively priced and would be something different than the bypasses I am used to hearing. A friend I often drive with also has a sharkwerks exhaust bypass which was my plan B. I was not looking for a full system as I am looking to keep the car as drivable as possible on longer trips and was worried about the sound driving me nuts.

Here's what i found with the non silenced center bypass from JCR -
Start up:
1. The bypass sounds much deeper/aggressive than stock
2. Very similar to the sharkwerks bypass on cold start - I assume most bypasses will sound somewhat similar on cold start

Partial/Steady Throttle:
The JCR bypass definitely amplifies the stock sound and eliminates what I can only describe as “rasp” from the stock set up. Sort of like something rattling around in the exhaust has been removed and replaced with pure volume. The pitch is much more exotic sounding, and is definitely noticeable on the downshifts - this was the most disappointing in the stock system. You do get the occasional pop off throttle as well which I am a big fan of. It was raining on the way home from the dealer when I had the unit installed so traffic was unfortunately very bad. In the cabin you definitely notice the higher/more exotic tone. This is exactly how I think this car should sound.

Once the rain cleared and I was able to put some miles on the car - all I can say is WOW. The difference in tone, in 4th gear steady throttle on the freeway is very addictive. My previous gt3 has a fabspeed exhaust and although I enjoyed it, this sound definitely wins in my books.

Full Throttle:
Vs Stock: The JCR exhaust is noticeably louder than stock. Admittedly the video still doesn’t capture the full level of the sound change. This is annoying because I used the same camera, same microphone, and the same settings - and performed countless passes to try and capture this. I find it much more “ferrari-ish” than the car used to sound. My friend could hear the car from further away than with the stock system when we filmed this video (in Mexico).

Vs Sharkwerks: The tone is slightly higher than Sharkwerks. Hard to capture on different roads I used to film this but the sharkwerks bypass seemed to have a lower pitch further up in the rev range vs the JCR. Definitely personal preference but I was looking for that exotic sound and the JCR system fit the bill perfectly.

In the video, I complete a few pulls mostly 2-4 and some fly bys.

Finally - customer service. Often people simply purchase a product without reviewing the service. I have had some poor service with car parts in the past but I found Jonny incredibly easy to deal with with great response times. When the dealer installed my bypass, they had the tips pointing a little low, which I thought was a function of most bypasses. I had informed him of my intention of installing it that day - and that evening I received an email from him asking how it went. I explained the position of the tips and he quickly responded letting me know I could simply loosen the clamps and adjust - which worked perfectly. I don’t think I will grow tired of the sound, but if I ever do, I’ll be going to JCR for the side bypass units.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:51 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I was one of the first to try their system and I agree it's the best all around.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:51 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Great review and you've also done a great job of capturing the sound difference between the three exhausts tested.

The exotic sound our bypass produces is difficult to capture on film but I think its pretty apparent here!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 11-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I guess it is all what one is looking for.

Looks like it is well made and the Vendor has been very informative and resourceful

But- I would not like a tone that would be higher pitched. I prefer more bass and less tremble so glad there are options for all ears
Old 12-02-2018, 10:38 PM
gt3.997
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

That's what I really like about the rear muffler on the GT3. A few feet of pipe, and you can have multiple combinations that best suit the individual taste of the driver. Great on JCR for doing a titanium version.

Another quick video my friend took:

Last edited by gt3.997; 12-03-2018 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling + add video link
Old 12-03-2018, 12:00 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Titanium sounds different than steel based on my experience w/ Akra, GRP, and stock.

Quick Reply: Review + Vid: JCR Titanium bypass vs OEM vs Sharkwerks