Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Clubsport announcement (didn't hear of this last night)

Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM
928cs
Super User

Wrong thread, sorry.l

Last edited by 928cs; 05-16-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:43 PM
sbriscoe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Breaking 2:30 at Spa in the cards this July, for GT2RS Clubsport

Good looking liveries for the 935.
I am sure there will be some great one's for the GT2RS Clubsport.

Thinking ahead to the Spa race in July, I think the winning time has to beat the 2:31set by Christoph Breuer last year. It is amazing to think breaking 2:30 at Spa is very doable with less weight, slicks, track-tuned, more aero.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
race7117
Addict
Rennlist Member

It looks great and super jealous, I would be interested on how this compares to the Manthey Racing GT2RS and considering how accomplished the MR is would be amazing to get a comparison
Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Chris3963
Addict
Rennlist Member

Friend of mine has had his 935 confirmed. Makes the GT2 Clubsport package look cheap.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:26 PM
sbriscoe
Addict
Rennlist Member

New Porsche 935 is a fantastic looking car, and for a considerable price difference, I can see why it can be perceived to look better than the GT2RS CS, but I don't see a race scheduled for the 935 yet, do you?

https://www.total24hours.com/results...er_race_id=746

For the new Clubsport to really be appealing from a race perspective, it will have a lot of work to do to come close to the qualifying times at Spa last year. I can see it doing a high 2:20's time, but to come close to the GT3R times, it will have to be well driven.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:31 PM
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race7117 View Post
It looks great and super jealous, I would be interested on how this compares to the Manthey Racing GT2RS and considering how accomplished the MR is would be amazing to get a comparison
The GT2RS Clubsport will be much faster still than the GT2RS MR.

One is a race car while the other is a street car.

Tires difference alone will be massive. Then the extra downforce. Then the lighter chassis.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbriscoe View Post
New Porsche 935 is a fantastic looking car, and for a considerable price difference, I can see why it can be perceived to look better than the GT2RS CS, but I don't see a race scheduled for the 935 yet, do you?

https://www.total24hours.com/results...er_race_id=746

For the new Clubsport to really be appealing from a race perspective, it will have a lot of work to do to come close to the qualifying times at Spa last year. I can see it doing a high 2:20's time, but to come close to the GT3R times, it will have to be well driven.

There won't a race class specifically for the 935. But it can be entered into open classes, say VLN.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:17 PM
race7117
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
The GT2RS Clubsport will be much faster still than the GT2RS MR.

One is a race car while the other is a street car.

Tires difference alone will be massive. Then the extra downforce. Then the lighter chassis.
Of course, no one debates that, but how big of a difference, as different as the Cup or less? Maybe it won't be as big as we think . The MR was 7 seconds faster over the ring with just the aero and suspension differences and the MR has the same suspension as the GT3R so might not be as big a difference as you would expect......it would be interesting to see a direct comparison
Old 05-17-2019, 09:06 PM
CRex
Addict
Rennlist Member

The GT2RS Clubsport was originally planned to see its first race at the Spa24H, hence the scheduled entry in the March version of the Spa rundown.

That Spa "launch" appears to have been scrapped since. New schedule as communicated in the email.

Stateside folks have this mythical perception of the MR kit. It's really just tuning parts. Give Dundon/Sharky/BBi/any of the good folks the same level of budget they'll develop all the same.

The Clubsport is a Cup car with turbos and civilian-friendly electronics package. Straight line it'll give the R a run for the money (which, as drivers will tell you, ain't that fast because of drag--the R makes all its time in the corners).

As to the MR kit car? Doesn't even belong in the same sentence.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:12 PM
sbriscoe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Lap times at 2018 Le Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta. 1:21 was a quick lap, including a variety of fast GT cars. Makes Randy Probst's lap time of 1:24 in a street GT2RS seem pretty quick, so extrapolate the advantages of the 2CS, and I think the new 2CS will turn some heads.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Super User

When I had asked about speed difference for GT3R and GT2RSCS / 935- the official reply was 'depends on the track'

So I surmised, The long straights / GP style tracks like Monza, Spa, Road America, Road Atlanta, Cota- the extra top end and lower downforce type settings will favor the 935/GT2RSCS,

Tighter tracks like Sonoma, mid ohio, Laguna Seca, etc the GT3R will be faster...

The real question is how long the tires will last - 700HP is a lot to put down and likewise a lot to slow down. No sure how much DF it really makes. But who cares. You can set the alignment and hit the track. It's a 700HP cup car or as easy to roll and go like a GT4 depending on who you ask.

Also the MR manthey kit does not have any restrictions for suspension and could have some wild and wacky valves not allowed on GT3R.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:08 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CRex View Post
The GT2RS Clubsport was originally planned to see its first race at the Spa24H, hence the scheduled entry in the March version of the Spa rundown.

That Spa "launch" appears to have been scrapped since. New schedule as communicated in the email.

Stateside folks have this mythical perception of the MR kit. It's really just tuning parts. Give Dundon/Sharky/BBi/any of the good folks the same level of budget they'll develop all the same.

The Clubsport is a Cup car with turbos and civilian-friendly electronics package. Straight line it'll give the R a run for the money (which, as drivers will tell you, ain't that fast because of drag--the R makes all its time in the corners).

As to the MR kit car? Doesn't even belong in the same sentence.
Let's hope the GT2RS CS race at Spa is still on, I was planning on doing it.
The car is fast (300KPH at Monza during testing) but way easier to driver than a GT3 spec GT3R.
Easier to run, just warm it up and go, that's certainly not the case with the GT3R.
Stock motor and gearbox, running costs should be less.

But in the end, this car is built for the new SRO GT2 class. More power/speed, less down force. Easier to drive for an AM driver.......more torque out of the corners.
I wish I had more to sell to the Club guys out here in CA and Thermal, they would drive the hell out of them as so many are building their GT2RS's for the track....and this car will be so much faster, not to mention, safer!

In the end, I hope they sold them to racers and not collectors.....

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group Ö
E: [email protected]
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 05-19-2019, 01:26 PM
sbriscoe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default GT2RS CS

Will the GT2RS CS show the same appreciation as the street version, before the upped production numbers? When the street car was shown at Goodwood, it saw an immediate appreciation since it was assumed to be a very limited production, and most thought the 918 VIP owners would buy up the limited production. Once it was realized the production would not be extremely limited, the early prices disappeared somewhat.

With the GT2RS CS, they will be limited to 200, and some will disappear into private collections, some will see attrition as they are raced and shunted, but can be re-tubbed. Are there examples of track-only race cars that have shown appreciation, or will this be like other GT4 CSMR cars that are raced and go down in value?
Old 05-19-2019, 02:30 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sbriscoe View Post
Will the GT2RS CS show the same appreciation as the street version, before the upped production numbers? When the street car was shown at Goodwood, it saw an immediate appreciation since it was assumed to be a very limited production, and most thought the 918 VIP owners would buy up the limited production. Once it was realized the production would not be extremely limited, the early prices disappeared somewhat.

With the GT2RS CS, they will be limited to 200, and some will disappear into private collections, some will see attrition as they are raced and shunted, but can be re-tubbed. Are there examples of track-only race cars that have shown appreciation, or will this be like other GT4 CSMR cars that are raced and go down in value?

Hard to speculate on potential appreciation for the 2RS CS but if they cap production at 200, I think they will be great options for Club Racers. I don't know anyone buying one as an investment but with this limited of a production, I don't see them dropping in value that much..........but in 10 years, Porsche race cars will all be electric and cars like this will be in big demand!!! YIKES!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group Ö
E: [email protected]
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 05-20-2019, 09:14 AM
CRex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Let's hope the GT2RS CS race at Spa is still on, I was planning on doing it.
The car is fast (300KPH at Monza during testing) but way easier to driver than a GT3 spec GT3R.
Easier to run, just warm it up and go, that's certainly not the case with the GT3R.
Stock motor and gearbox, running costs should be less.

But in the end, this car is built for the new SRO GT2 class. More power/speed, less down force. Easier to drive for an AM driver.......more torque out of the corners.
I wish I had more to sell to the Club guys out here in CA and Thermal, they would drive the hell out of them as so many are building their GT2RS's for the track....and this car will be so much faster, not to mention, safer!

In the end, I hope they sold them to racers and not collectors.....
Looks like the Spa race is back on!

And from your other thread... looks like we're in similar shoes... I'll be racing the 24H as well (in AM) and this could well be our warmup 😂

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: