Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right insurance for a GT car

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Hagerty rates/policies get really competitive if it's their limited mileage, collector policies and if the total insured is above certain thresholds (500k being a meaningful one last i checked). They don't compete as well in a higher dollar, but more dd intended use type of policy. They have good policies for a "collection". And those rates don't show up on their online quote engine. I use Hagerty in the US. I use Chubb in UK. Any collector-type policy with lower rates for higher dollar car(s) is going to require a secure garage, from what I've experienced. I've used Leland West (good rates, but least flexible), Chubb and Hagerty. Hagerty has been the best option I've used in the US to-date when it comes to rates, flexibility and service. Chubb is always great if you can find a way to fat a decent rate from them.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:58 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Most of the specialty companies that provide agreed-value policies also require you have a dedicated "daily driver." Unfortunately I only own the GT3. I live in a big city and don't need a car on a daily basis. I walk, bus, train, and Uber everywhere. The GT3 is just for fun to get out of the city on odd weekends and the occasional track day. While these companies understand that mentality, they want you to have a daily driver in the event that you "need" a car for something and are tempted to use your fancy exotic to get to the dentist. I think that's BS, but it's their policy. So I went with Geico. Maxed out everything and have an umbrella which is probably useless to be honest. But it's like $1200/year.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Most of the specialty companies that provide agreed-value policies also require you have a dedicated "daily driver." Unfortunately I only own the GT3. I live in a big city and don't need a car on a daily basis. I walk, bus, train, and Uber everywhere. The GT3 is just for fun to get out of the city on odd weekends and the occasional track day. While these companies understand that mentality, they want you to have a daily driver in the event that you "need" a car for something and are tempted to use your fancy exotic to get to the dentist. I think that's BS, but it's their policy. So I went with Geico. Maxed out everything and have an umbrella which is probably useless to be honest. But it's like $1200/year.
Hagerty didn't require dd. They also didn't have many of the usage restrictions that others had for similar policies.

Quick Reply: Right insurance for a GT car