Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium & Inconel Valved and Non Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 11:58 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts
Default JCR // Titanium & Inconel Valved and Non Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product)

Hey all,

I was planning to release these two new products on Monday (our usual new product release day) however with it being Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend I wanted to get everything out there along with a special offer too as I promised I would include these items!

Please excuse the lack of our usual production / release quality images, due to an earlier than planned release and a few small hold ups. I will be adding further images to the thread as soon as possible but I'm sure these tell the story.

As ever, please feel free to ask any questions relating to the products and if you wish to order please just go ahead and do so following the links and instructions included at the bottom of this post.

JC

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

JCR Titanium Side Silencer Bypass

JCR Titanium Side Silencer Bypass - Titanium Valve Delete Removed

Introduction

A popular upgrade for to the exhaust system of the 991 GT3 based cars is to delete the heavy OEM side silencers. Not only does this bring along large weight savings but also removes unwanted heat build up in the rear wheel arch area.

We’re happy to announce our line of Titanium & Inconel Side Silencer Bypass products.

Light Weight

Due to the 100% Titanium construction the JCR Side Silencer Bypass products remove an impressive amount of weight from the rear end - Any weight reduction is good news however reducing weight rearward of the 911's rear axle can yield huge improvements in handling balance too. This truly is a win win modification.

The JCR Side Silencer Bypass products are the lightest available saving over 18.20kg (40.12lbs) in the non valved version and -17.48kg / (38.54lbs) when compared directly to the OEM side silencers.

Valve or not to valve?

We’re keen to provide as many options as possible with our new exhaust offerings and our Titanium Side Silencer Bypass products are no exception. We have two versions of the product, with or without valves.

JCR Titanium Side Silenced Bypass

Our Non-Valved version is a 100% Titanium construction featuring a v-banded titanium section which we refer to as our ’Titanium Valve Delete Section’

JCR Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass

Our Valved version utilises the same 100% Titanium construction main body however the v-banded valved section is produced in Inconel and referred to as our ‘Inconel Valve Section’. A higher quality valve is available at a more reasonable cost in this material and therefore we took the decision to go down this route over Titanium. Utilising thin wall Inconel 625 in this area means there is no weight penalty over the use of titanium.

Upgradability

The unique design of our Side Silencer Bypass products as mentioned above mean that owners can choose to upgrade a non-valved version of our Side Silencer Bypass to a valved version by purchasing only the ‘Inconel Valve Section’.

For owners who have purchased a valved version in the first instance and wish to remove the valve they can purchase our ‘Titanium Valve Delete Section’.

This means not only do owners have more choice but also a route up change up the configuration of the exhaust easily and much more cost effectively in the future.

OEM Style Twin Entry

Most of the side silencer replacement products on the market call for the upper most entry point in the OEM centre silencer to be plugged and all exhaust gasses to be directed through the lower portion of the silencer only.

There is some strong evidence to suggest that directing gasses through only the lower section of the factory silencer can attribute to dramatically to decreasing the OEM silencers life and increasing chances of cracking. With this in mind we have retained the OEM style twin entry design as to not introduce any unwanted pressure differential which can be attributed to failures.

Key Features
  • 100% Titanium Construction Main Body
  • -18.20kg / 40.12lbs VS OEM Side Silencers (non valved version)
  • -17.48kg / 38.54lbs VS OEM Side Silencers (valved version)
  • OEM Style Twin Entry Design
  • Improved Sound Quality
  • HP & TQ Increase
Applications
  • 991.1 GT3 / R / RS
  • 991.2 GT3 / Touring / RS
Pricing & Availability

* To benefit from the Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend promotion please order using the following links and include the code (RL-BFCM) in the 'Additional information' field on the order form
** All orders must be placed before the end of Monday 26th to qualify for the promotion

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM VALVED SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

£2695.00 GBP ($3455.00 USD) + shipping / BFCM DISCOUNT - £2425.00 GBP ($3100.00 USD) + free shipping

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

£2095.00 GBP ($2685.00 USD) + shipping / BFCM DISCOUNT - £1885.00 GBP ($2415.00 USD) + free shipping

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM VALVE SECTION

£1045.00 GBP ($1335.00 USD) + shipping / BFCM DISCOUNT - £940.00 GBP ($1200.00 USD) + free shipping

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM VALVE DELETE SECTION

£445.00 GBP ($570.00 USD) + shipping / BFCM DISCOUNT - £400.00 GBP ($510.00 USD) + free shipping

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 04-17-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:16 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Any photos of the valved bypasses? Also can you elaborate on the “higher quality valve” please? Are you implying better than OEM?
Old 11-23-2018, 01:58 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jon70
Any photos of the valved bypasses? Also can you elaborate on the “higher quality valve” please? Are you implying better than OEM?
Photos of the valved section coming very soon, as I mentioned above I didn't want to wait and miss out giving you guys the opportunity to benefit from the BF / CM weekend promotion.

In regards to the valves, if we went with a high quality titanium valve the price would have to increase dramatically, going down this route we keep a very high quality valve for a more reasonable price and without any disadvantages in the weight savings.

Valves are OEM+++ quality regardless

JC
Old 11-23-2018, 03:49 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Any benefits if i was to fit the Valved side delete rather than the Non-valved side delete to my JCR Non-silenced center bypass..Some guys have said that with a side silencer delete it causes a reduction in torque under 4K revs.With this in mind will having the Valved side delete result in increased back pressure under 4k revs mitigate this.
Is there any real power gains by having both Center and Side deletes compared to just having the Center deletes.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:05 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Any benefits if i was to fit the Valved side delete rather than the Non-valved side delete to my JCR Non-silenced center bypass..Some guys have said that with a side silencer delete it causes a reduction in torque under 4K revs.With this in mind will having the Valved side delete result in increased back pressure under 4k revs mitigate this.
Is there any real power gains by having both Center and Side deletes compared to just having the Center deletes.
From a sound perspective even though you have the non silenced centre bypass, with valves in the side silencer sections you’ll benefit from being able to direct the gasses through the smaller diameter pipe work which does cut volume quite dramatically.

The torque loss is an interesting topic, with valves you can keep the valve button ‘off’ which means you’ll have increased back pressure until you’re almost out of that range. In my opinion, as the engine is good for 9000rpm (or almost in most configurations) if you’re looking to accelerate with purpose there’s no reason to be below 5000rpm minimum before starting the pull and the power gains (circa 10-12bhp at the top with sides and centre) and weight loss a further 20+kg over what you have already lost with the centre will more than make up for any potential dip in torque below 4000rpm (not that we have witnessed that for ourselves)

JC
Old 11-23-2018, 06:26 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you going to have a bigger bundle discount for anyone interested in both the Center Bypass and Side Bypass?
Old 11-23-2018, 07:47 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rollsroy
Are you going to have a bigger bundle discount for anyone interested in both the Center Bypass and Side Bypass?
I’ll make this live on the JCR-PORSCHE.COM website tomorrow, planned for Monday but happy to launch a little early.

Customers ordering a complete system comprising of a combination of the following 3 items will be entitled to a further 5% discount:
  • TITANIUM CENTRE BYPASS (or) TITANIUM SILENCED CENTRE BYPASS
  • TITANIUM SIDE SILENCER BYPASS (or) TITANIUM & INCONEL VALVED SIDE SILENCE BYPASS
  • TITANIUM BOLT-ON EXHAUST TIPS

If you wish to order please do not hesitate to contact us for further information via PM

JC
Old 11-23-2018, 07:58 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

I’ll make this live on the JCR-PORSCHE.COM website tomorrow, planned for Monday but happy to launch a little early.

Customers ordering a complete system comprising of a combination of the following 3 items will be entitled to a further 5% discount:

• TITANIUM CENTRE BYPASS (or) TITANIUM SILENCED CENTRE BYPASS
  • TITANIUM SIDE SILENCER BYPASS (or) TITANIUM & INCONEL VALVED SIDE SILENCE BYPASS
  • TITANIUM BOLT-ON EXHAUST TIPS
If you wish to order please do not hesitate to contact us for further information via PM

JC
As i've already ordered the Center bypass and Titanium tips does this additional 5% apply to me if i order the Valved side bypass..Sorry to be so cheeky..!
PM me if you prefer.. Cheers
Old 11-23-2018, 08:04 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts
Question

JC, for owners that want to run a very conservative (as quiet as possible) setup when everything is "closed up".

Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass + Silenced Center Titanium Bypass + Titanium Exhaust Tips

- Would this setup retain OEM PSE ON/OFF button functionality?
- I am sure many of us want this to be as clean and as OEM as possible.
- Will CEL indicator be a problem with this or any of your setups?
Old 11-23-2018, 10:01 PM
AI10RS
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

how much louder is the silenced rear section with non valved side deletes vs non valved sides and oem rear section?
Old 11-24-2018, 05:35 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Taffy66
As i've already ordered the Center bypass and Titanium tips does this additional 5% apply to me if i order the Valved side bypass..Sorry to be so cheeky..!

PM me if you prefer.. Cheers
Seems only fair, drop us a PM and I’ll be happy to figure that out for you

Originally Posted by NCheok
JC, for owners that want to run a very conservative (as quiet as possible) setup when everything is "closed up".

Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass + Silenced Center Titanium Bypass + Titanium Exhaust Tips

- Would this setup retain OEM PSE ON/OFF button functionality?

- I am sure many of us want this to be as clean and as OEM as possible.

- Will CEL indicator be a problem with this or any of your setups?
This combination that you have mentioned is the best compromise between light weight, performance and drive ability.
  • Retains OEM valve function
  • No change in emissions as CATS are still in place
  • CEL also no concern as the cats and lambda sensors are pre side silencer so this will be totally unaffected

Our centre bypass design, especially in the balance pipe area is designed to accentuate the good tones and cancel out the drone zone so I’m sure you would be very satisfied with this set up.

Originally Posted by AI10RS
how much louder is the silenced rear section with non valved side deletes vs non valved sides and oem rear section?
I created this subjective data collection sheet below, although this is not based on pure dB meter readings and is a subjective feel on a combination of sound quality / volume / boom / drone I feel this is a very accurate measure of each of the possible combinations.
  • OEM Side Silencers & OEM Centre (Valves Closed - 1 // Valves Open - 3)
  • OEM Side Silencer & JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 2 // Valves Open - 5)
  • OEM Side Silencer & JCR Titanium Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 3 // Valves Open - 5)
  • JCR Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass & OEM Centre Silencer (Valves Closed - 3 // Valves Open - 6)
  • JCR Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass & JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 3 // Valves Open - 8)
  • JCR Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass & JCR Titanium Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 5 // Valves Open - 8)

Your question covers non valved side deletes combined with either OEM centre silencer or JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass.

The volume differential will be similar to above as you only benefit from the silenced section of the JCR Titanium Centre Bypass when valves are closed. Without valves the gasses take the path of least resistance and will bypass the silencers completely.

To add these combinations as per above:
  • JCR Titanium Side Silencer Bypass & OEM Centre Silencer (Valves Closed - N/A // Valves Open - 6)
  • JCR Titanium Side Silencer Bypass & JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - N/A // Valves Open - 8)

I hope that helps answer your question, If I can help further please do not hesitate to ask

JC
Old 11-24-2018, 05:39 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Also some further images as promised

JCR Titanium Side Silencer Bypass installed together with JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass & OEM Headers
Old 11-24-2018, 06:18 AM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks JC for confirming my enquiries, the side bypass pipes look as beautiful as the center bypass. Literally work of art!

I will go with Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass + Silenced Center Titanium Bypass With Titanium Tips
Old 11-24-2018, 03:48 PM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

Any reason you guys decided to go with Titanium for the majority of the parts over Inconel? It was my understanding that Inconel is a better material for exhausts. Only slightly heavier than Titanium, but far more durable.

I ask because Motorsports such as Formula 1 use Inconel over titanium to my knowledge.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:56 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by obbob
Any reason you guys decided to go with Titanium for the majority of the parts over Inconel? It was my understanding that Inconel is a better material for exhausts. Only slightly heavier than Titanium, but far more durable.

I ask because Motorsports such as Formula 1 use Inconel over titanium to my knowledge.
A few reasons, cost is a factor. To achieve a similar weight we would need to use very low gauge Inconel and with that brings additional costs in manufacturing. Producing the lightest system possible was a big consideration during the design / concept phase.

Sound is a big reason we went with titanium, the natural resonance qualities accentuate the tones which we targeted during the design phase. Hard edged and ‘screamy’ sounds from the flat 6 is what I feel it’s all about.

Our headers will be produced from Inconel, it’s a more suitable material for this application. Although the grade of Titanium we use would manage just fine with a slightly higher gauge using inconel means we can have a more durable and lighter header.

I believe the 2018 RSR uses inconel headers and titanium there back. I think part of the issue is that a number of Far East exhaust manufacturers are using very low grade titanium and it’s gotten a bit of a bad name for this reason. To give a little context, the titanium we use in our exhausts costs 4/5 times more than other ‘exhaust grade’ titanium.

JC

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium & Inconel Valved and Non Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product)