Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium & Inconel Valved and Non Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product)

Old 11-25-2018, 02:28 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

JC what am I looking at then on cost for the following?
valved side deletes
silenced center
titanium tips

This is something I would like to try and do myself now that we are in winter. I just want to make sure I don’t have any trouble removing the rear bumper first before ordering.

You can PM if you like.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:43 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 936 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyGT3
JC what am I looking at then on cost for the following?
valved side deletes
silenced center
titanium tips

This is something I would like to try and do myself now that we are in winter. I just want to make sure I don’t have any trouble removing the rear bumper first before ordering.

You can PM if you like.
Pricing below with a breakdown too:

TITANIUM SILENCED CENTRE BYPASS - £2195.00
TITANIUM & INCONEL VALVED SIDE SILENCER BYPASS - £2695.00
TITANIUM BOLT ON EXHAUST TIPS - £645.00

Minus 5% bundle price
Minus a further 5% on the side silencer bypass until the end of tomorrow

Total - £5123.50 ($6570 USD)

In regards to bumper removal, really quite a straight forward job so I’m sure you would manage that just fine.

Any questions feel free to ask!

JC
Old 12-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts

Any pics of the valved side muffler bypass yet?
Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi JC, In stock form the "exhaust button" seems to do little to control the valves. They seem to automatically close (despite the button bein on or not) and open automatically around 4k. Not sure if the ECU is controlling this. I would like to have it the way it was in my 991.1 c2s with PSE. Valves are wired to the button and you control whether they are opened or closed. How do you guys work around this?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

^ contact John at SOUL performance. I just bought a kit from them that allows you to control the valve where it's either open or closed (at the control of a remote fob). The button on the console is no longer functional, but it's supposed to do the job. haven't installed mine yet, but looking forward to it.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:04 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by porsche518
Hi JC, In stock form the "exhaust button" seems to do little to control the valves. They seem to automatically close (despite the button bein on or not) and open automatically around 4k. Not sure if the ECU is controlling this. I would like to have it the way it was in my 991.1 c2s with PSE. Valves are wired to the button and you control whether they are opened or closed. How do you guys work around this?
We have a solution for this in the works, hidden which means 'ON' is valves 100% open regardless of RPM or throttle and 'OFF' is normal operation. Launching early next year all being well. Neat solution

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 01-08-2019, 01:55 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A little update, we changed up the design a little on our Side Silencer Bypass products in order to add a mounting function.

This uses the same mount system as our Titanium Race Pipe, extra support as per the OEM design, we felt the small weight penalty was worth it. Still comes in at just 0.98kg vs the OEM side silencer at 10.08kg.

Any questions please let me know

JC
Old 01-08-2019, 05:11 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

JC - what's the point of having the smaller tubes entering the center muffler? With no valves, won't the gasses take the easiest route - via the larger pipes?

Any experience if this solution takes away the 1500-3500rpm drone that the OEM solution gives when running valves always open?
Old 01-08-2019, 05:30 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
JC - what's the point of having the smaller tubes entering the center muffler? With no valves, won't the gasses take the easiest route - via the larger pipes?

Any experience if this solution takes away the 1500-3500rpm drone that the OEM solution gives when running valves always open?
Compared to the usual single entry side silencer bypass products on the market a properly designed dual entry side silencer bypass will produce noticeably less drone, less pressure differential and less chance of cracking the OEM centre silencer.

There’s a ton of complex flow dynamics maths to explain however in layman’s when at low RPM the gasses will use both entry points however at higher load the higher velocity exhaust gasses will bypass naturally and take the path of least resistance. It’s this low throttle / low velocity point which reduces drone compared to a single entry

JC
Old 01-09-2019, 02:39 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

OK, thanks. Can't find them on your website - what do they cost?
Old 01-09-2019, 03:10 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
With no valves, won't the gasses take the easiest route - via the larger pipes?
Everything else being equal (which probably is not in this case) the flow through the 2 pipes should be proportional to the square of their diameters, so some gas should flow through the smaller tube too (yea, caveat lector, little knowledge dangerous and all that...)

@JC, would help if your signature had a link to your site. Also would help if the weight saving was listed (it does for some products, for others it doesn't). Also helps where it says more HP/torque, to state the claimed figures. Of course dyno chart would be very helpful too. :cheers
Old 01-09-2019, 03:17 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sunnyr
Everything else being equal (which probably is not in this case) the flow through the 2 pipes should be proportional to the square of their diameters, so some gas should flow through the smaller tube too (yea, caveat lector, little knowledge dangerous and all that...)
Not necessarily. The center muffler internals will create higher back pressure for the smaller tubes and therefore the gasses will take the easier route.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:28 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

^Indeed, as I warned, I am case of little knowledge....
Old 01-09-2019, 04:42 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sunnyr

@JC, would help if your signature had a link to your site. Also would help if the weight saving was listed (it does for some products, for others it doesn't). Also helps where it says more HP/torque, to state the claimed figures. Of course dyno chart would be very helpful too. :cheers
All corrected, please find the link below. Products were on the site so hopefully this is working for you.

ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

Also added links in sig, a bit of an oversight that one! Thanks for pointing out..

JC
Old 01-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Gt3rs.2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
All corrected, please find the link below. Products were on the site so hopefully this is working for you.

ORDER NOW - JCR TITANIUM SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

Also added links in sig, a bit of an oversight that one! Thanks for pointing out..

JC
I have interest in your products. Was looking at the link, it said 40lb drop for side bypass, and 43lb drop for side bypass with valves. Is the valved version lighter than the bypass without valves? Also the race pipe says 66lbs drop, how much does the race pipe weigh? how much do you figure for stock exhaust weight? I felt like stock exhaust was 60lbs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium & Inconel Valved and Non Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product)