Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Hard to enjoy exotic toys! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1113509-hard-to-enjoy-exotic-toys.html)

n d 11-20-2018 08:54 PM

Hard to enjoy exotic toys!

Is it me or does everyone that drive Exotic cars have the same fear
*Depreciation
*driving To many miles
*rock chips
*scared to park in a parking lot
I feel like this Ruins the experience, somedays I prefer my m3 just so I don’t have to worry about the car!
this is not a can I afford thread. I am very shrewd if I couldn’t afford the cars I have I would not have bought them!!!

soulsea 11-20-2018 09:02 PM

https://derpicdn.net/img/2012/12/2/170638/full.png

ExMB 11-20-2018 09:05 PM

Bragging!

Sorrow!

Nah... its bragging.

:roflmao:

poison123 11-20-2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by n d (Post 15444995)
*Depreciation
*driving To many miles
*rock chips
I feel like this Ruins the experience, somedays I prefer my m3 just so I don’t have to worry about the car!
this is not a can I afford thread. I am very shrewd if I couldn’t afford the cars I have I would not have bought them!!!

If you are "really" enjoying your exotics, then none of those are issues for you.

Jimmy-D 11-20-2018 09:14 PM

I will take the bait- I have the means to acquire a couple exotics but choose not to because I would not want to deal with the issues above.

My .2 I do no not care about depreciation, nor where I park, have PPF to manage the chips. The moral of the story is that is why I drive a .2 and not a Ferrari Speciale

Izzone 11-20-2018 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by n d (Post 15444995)
*Depreciation
*driving To many miles
*rock chips

Depreciation....you have to sell them to realize it. I keep them
Driving too many miles...and why is this a problem. How often do you see someone turning their nose up to a '73 RS because it has miles on it. If these cars become collectible they can be restored (20-30 years from now)
Rock chips...paint protection film, it works. Wrap the entire car....then you don't have to bother with waxing it
Scared to park in a parking lot....Dent Wizard removes the basic stuff...bumpers can get repainted by a good shop and you would never know the difference (don't think Porsche doesn't remove dents from cars at port as well as touch up the paint)

My car is 10 days old to me...750 miles. I'm not saving it for anyone

reacher 11-20-2018 09:27 PM

Part of the reason I own and love Porsches is because I can drive them anywhere and as much as I want without these concerns.

SToronto 11-20-2018 09:28 PM

I don't have exotics and only have a budget for GT3RS with some options. Don't think that's exotic though.

I worry about parking for my Porsches. This is why I enjoy my GT350, I don't worry about where I park it for the most part. Treat it like my DD car.

n d 11-20-2018 09:29 PM

I guess it’s not the first post like this, I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers.... from all the boards I have been on I feel like this one is the most mature crowd and successful people so was Hoping to get your guys outlook on my issues.....
I take back one of my points about depreciation but I recently just lost around 60 grand in 4 months by buying a Mclaren!

Jimmy-D 11-20-2018 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by reacher (Post 15445076)
Part of the reason I own and love Porsches is because I can drive them anywhere and as much as I want without these concerns.

My point exactly

n d 11-20-2018 09:32 PM

I am also a relatively young man that only became successful about 4 years ago before that it was tough making ends meet !

Norcalgt3 11-20-2018 09:41 PM

what kind of m3? Same issues are abound even with regular Porsches. a GT3 isnt that much or (actually less expensive) than other Porsche carrera models.

WenigerAberBeser 11-20-2018 09:45 PM

If it’s hard for you to enjoy, sell it and get something else that makes you happy and stress free (doesn’t even have to be a car). No point paying for something you can’t truly enjoy.

n d 11-20-2018 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by SToronto (Post 15445080)
I don't have exotics and only have a budget for GT3RS with some options. Don't think that's exotic though.

I worry about parking for my Porsches. This is why I enjoy my GT350, I don't worry about where I park it for the most part. Treat it like my DD car.

how do you like the gt350? I was thinking in trading in my Bmw m3 for it! Do you prefer the 350 more then the 350r?

disden 11-20-2018 09:53 PM

This is why i have a Honda Civic Type R; it’s a budget exotic. Total blast to drive, plus i don’t care a lick about where it’s parked, door dings, etc etc. save my RS for tracl