Standard interior on GT3 Touring? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Standard interior on GT3 Touring?

Old 11-19-2018, 01:53 AM
Cormid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ask Pete Stout... he knows a thing or two about cars.

Standard interior in my 991.1 and 991.2. No reflection, no fuss, no cares. For me, I care more about functionality. Such as: lightweight buckets or phenomenal engine.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:17 AM
welikethetrack
User

I went to the dealer expecting to like the full leather more for sure. Sat in both, and couldn't tell you why, but I liked the standard interior more. I guess It just feels much more sporty to me. Definitely did not get the feeling it was cheap at all.

Go to the dealer and sit in a few different 911's. Just get the feel you like best be it trim style, full leather, colored gauges, etc. and go with it
Old 11-19-2018, 04:05 AM
80p
Addict
Rennlist Member

Standard interior is lighter. Less cow. Biggest downside is that the trim in the rest of the car isn't carried to the doors. If anyone complains, open windows, stand on throttle, and yell, "WHAT CANT HEAR YOU"
Old 11-19-2018, 04:18 AM
hillsdonsmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

The door sills on my 2010 997 RS are terrible for permanent scuffing. I think GT-Josh suggested leather door sills which is a brilliant idea, as more durable. Perhaps the 991 stock sills are better.
Hope you get the allocation - that would be fantastic.
Cheers
Mark
Old 11-19-2018, 04:20 AM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 80p View Post
Standard interior is lighter. Less cow. Biggest downside is that the trim in the rest of the car isn't carried to the doors. If anyone complains, open windows, stand on throttle, and yell, "WHAT CANT HEAR YOU"
That’s in large part why I ordered the free leather dash/console trim. It blends with the plastic door trim or whatever it is.

Teutonic as Eduardo called it on his 991.1 signal green GT3.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:23 AM
Izzone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I went back and forth on this

my 997.2 RS is ZERO option. Radio delete...as Mooty ordered it

when looking for a touring, I really wanted black in metallic...the car I bought had been built but was close. Hull leather with red stitching. Wasn’t sure I’d loke it but was happy to find the correct exterior color
Old 11-19-2018, 07:28 AM
Izzone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Posted before finishing....when I recidved the touring I decided to change the seat inserts to match the full leather with red....i now love it...except for the carbon trim strip

ordered my 991.1 RS, had std in..at last minute switched to full leather, as it is a really inexpensive option for what you get.

i did screw up and order carbon trim strip on rs,.,wanted leather....it looks really good in leather in rs

i don’t like the aluminum in any cay
Old 11-19-2018, 08:08 AM
Porsch
User

Originally Posted by 80p View Post
If anyone complains, they can GTFO.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:02 AM
cox1974
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Standard interior has alcantara headliner, it just does not have alcantara a pillars.
On my gt3 with standard interior I added the Alcantara a pillars... Bought from my dealer at 500 euro... The stock a pillars are horrible..
Old 11-19-2018, 12:38 PM
Crazy Canuck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I went full jam. Every leather option. CXX carbon buckets with houndstooth inserts and yellow piping.
Standard anthracite trim though. Figured with everyone ordering something different the standard would be rare.
No wart.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Chris88
User

I have standard interior in my Touring and love it. For me, it fits the Touring.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Porsch
User

Originally Posted by dmk2 View Post
Agreed. Currently one with and one without and I don't really miss it in the standard interior car.
Yep. In fact, unless you get deviated stitching, you have to look to see the difference.

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by welikethetrack View Post
I went to the dealer expecting to like the full leather more for sure. Sat in both, and couldn't tell you why, but I liked the standard interior more. I guess It just feels much more sporty to me. Definitely did not get the feeling it was cheap at all.
Agree.

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
I have standard interior in my Touring and love it. For me, it fits the Touring.
True.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Alan Smithee
Super User

I generally dislike leather, but have a question about the leather interior on the Touring: On the regular GT3 the glove box, drivers side lower dash, and door panel trim are Alcantara...are these areas leather or plastic on the Touring?
Old 11-19-2018, 04:03 PM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
I generally dislike leather, but have a question about the leather interior on the Touring: On the regular GT3 the glove box, drivers side lower dash, and door panel trim are Alcantara...are these areas leather or plastic on the Touring?
Plastic on standard interior, leather on leather interior. Door pulls and armrests are leather on both.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:19 PM
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Izzone View Post

I went back and forth on this

my 997.2 RS is ZERO option. Radio delete...as Mooty ordered it

when looking for a touring, I really wanted black in metallic...the car I bought had been built but was close. Hull leather with red stitching. Wasn’t sure I’d loke it but was happy to find the correct exterior color
That looks good!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: