Sponsored by:

Honest Review: Jack Daniels Porsche - Jonathan Wein // 2019 Porsche GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:35 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
I don't know about the specifics of the OP's transaction, but my recent out of state transaction took 2 phone calls. 10 days later the car had already crossed the country and delivers to me, and that includes 2 days that I delayed the process since I did not have time to meet the notary who came to my house for paperwork. I was informed by the dealer by letter that all documents have been sent to CA DMV ( dealer found the one closest to me, without me asking) and DMV already sent me a letter and I am just managing my time to get VIN verification and stop by at the DMV. Not rocket science...
Exactly how it should go, glad to hear others don't find it so complex! I was just stating sometimes there are hiccups, but the easiest part is dealing with the "sale". Sit back and enjoy the later and it won't ruin your day.

Enjoy the car
Old 11-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

This is definitely the same exchange from the other thread. I distinctly remember the "keyboard princess tough guy" text.

not sure why there's another thread on this.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:21 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

This is Can't Register My Car in Montana Part Deux?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:20 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
transport: Plycar is only good on west coast. If u go coast to coast it's a fkg night mare.
your car is loaded and unloaded many times.
and they have issue with "time"
again this is not rocket science.
get a watch and FOLLOW the time.
there shall be no excuses, accidents, hazard what ever. you need plan B.
ok enough renting.
hard help very hard to find.
That's a good point...the car is unloaded and loaded many times if going across country. And therein lies the potential for damage to the car.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:19 AM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought two cars there without a problem. In the first one, they shipped it to me in Florida. I never met the salesman and the transaction went off seamlessly.

In the second transaction, we flew up to visit my brother at the New Jersey Shore. The salesman met my wife and I at Newark airport where we completed the transaction over a cup of coffee. His drive my new car to the airport and his girlfriend followed him in her car. After completing the paperwork, he handed me the keys and I went on my way down to the shore. His girlfriend took him back home. After that one, my brother brought a car there, again without difficulty.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:51 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
That's a good point...the car is unloaded and loaded many times if going across country. And therein lies the potential for damage to the car.

one of of my cars was shipped to me and when it arrived, it looked like is was wiped down with sandpaper. It didn’t leave the dealership that way.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:23 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 52 Posts

I bought my first GT3 from Jonathan Wein, at another dealership, and had a 100% Top Class buying experience. Did everything on point and went beyond the call of duty, on his dime, to make special accommodations for me. Consistent for other friends who have purchased cars from him. I would, and have, recommended him to any friends buying a Porsche
Old 11-17-2018, 03:13 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Maybe it is just me but when I see any adult communicating with F-bombs it pretty much kills their credibility with me on what they are saying and immediately has me thinking drama queen that won't be satisfied regardless of the situation.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:27 PM
HitApex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Maybe it is just me but when I see any adult communicating with F-bombs it pretty much kills their credibility with me on what they are saying and immediately has me thinking drama queen that won't be satisfied regardless of the situation.
Spot on. Lot's of whining like a spoiled kid all their life.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
If I'm not mistaken, this is the second thread on this nightmare scenario. Can't believe its still going on. If were the OP, i would simply get my car home, clear up the registration and MOVE ON and never deal with that dealer again.
Correct. At least the second.....
That prior thread was remarkable as it revealed so much about Jack Daniels (JD had it removed from RL)

OP posted overheated statements of anger about his JD purchase including paying serious ADM. Lots of RL posts piling on.
Salesperson Jonathon registers to respond with the only intention of slandering and degrading the OP.

I commented that sometimes sales jobs are tough, but you made your commission and $25k ADM so why would Jonathon come on to RL whine, and display his ego here by name calling a customer.

Next day, thread vaporizes

I was very dissapointed at RL for removing that thread. Dealership posted of their own free will, we all saw. Next day I posted a poll "Are dealers arrogant"

My GT3T is my last new Porsche. LOVE THE CARS, hate these dealership antics, lack of transperancy and games so I wont be back to the dealer for ANY car. Porsche should learn from Ferrari
Old 11-17-2018, 10:27 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2

one of of my cars was shipped to me and when it arrived, it looked like is was wiped down with sandpaper. It didn’t leave the dealership that way.
No doubt, when my graphite blue one arrived from LA I was busy with the swirl remover and a good amount of wax- I think the guys in shipping are not always as careful as they should be.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:47 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Porsche should learn from Ferrari
And, what exactly should they learn? Ferrari is selling more cars than ever and so is Porsche in so many ways. I have been a long time customer of both (since 1978) and I don't like this any more than you do. I know a lot of people who have and are still willing to play the game these dealers are putting on the table. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, if customers stop acting like there is no tomorrow and stop playing those games, it would be game over. It's really that simple. Don't expect it to change anytime soon.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:59 PM
abu5
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

wow
Old 11-18-2018, 08:12 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Jon is a good guy. Over the years he’s personally picked up and dropped off cars for me for service etc.

maybe you outta state guys need to stay the F away from NJ dealers or end up with the fishes lol

seriosluly though he’s good people and using an online forum to disparage someone and threaten their career isn’t the most professional way to behave

jon has been in the auto industry for years and has made a lot of friends by doing a solid job and looking after their interests
Old 11-18-2018, 09:59 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Most of these threads are due to customers offering massive ADMs from no where near the dealer, then getting upset when the dealer doesn't "treat them" with what they consider respect. I don't blame the dealers in these scenarios. These are customers they will NEVER see again and NEVER add another dime of service, repeat business. Why would they spend precious time schmoozing someone that will never return? I am guessing the dealers are more worried about trying to explain to their local customers why Jon Doe from across the country bought a GT3, GT2, ect and why didn't the local guy get the car!

What makes me upset is that the dealer likely screwed over a loyal local client by selling across the country. I ditched what I thought was a good dealer 3 years ago because they pulled that crap on me when the 991.1 RS was released, sold my allocation to a freaking CA customer who offered massive ADM. I was "offered" to match it, but denied. I took my 2-3 Porsche purchases a year and all service work to another dealer and have not had any problems since.

Quick Reply: Honest Review: Jack Daniels Porsche - Jonathan Wein // 2019 Porsche GT3RS