Sponsored by:

Honest Review: Jack Daniels Porsche - Jonathan Wein // 2019 Porsche GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 04:10 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

This drama again?

Here's a summary: Sketchy Montana registration, childish finger pointing, f bombs, blackmail, outright threats, razor thin delivery deadline for roll cage/harness/exhaust install prior to a track event...
Old 11-15-2018, 04:26 PM
HitApex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
This drama again?

Here's a summary: Sketchy Montana registration, childish finger pointing, f bombs, blackmail, outright threats, razor thin delivery deadline for roll cage/harness/exhaust install prior to a track event...
HONESTLY Montana "Martinized."
Old 11-15-2018, 04:55 PM
ryanb903
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Claims dealer was rude to him. Posts text exchanges showing OP being rude/threatening.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:26 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Speed district Llc....that's a good name.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:32 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
What shipping company do you guys use?

Btw, JD sucks.
My 2 cents on shipping. Totally pointless to compare numbers. Few things to know:

Dealing with direct - such as Intercity (popular in Porsche world & RL but impossible to book. some luck required), Horseless Carriage, Reliable, Plycar etc. (only listed ones I've dealt with personally. Forgot few that are not so good)

Dealing with brokers - Def need luck. Rarely you find a broker that cares about your car. They don't know the company that's going to pick up your car. Their job is to fill an empty spot on the transporter. Most likely your car is going to show up with some Russian punk drivers. They own the business.

Dealing with direct (companies above) almost every time you are going to pay more. Cross country ranging from $2,300.00 to $3,500.00, IF, you are the 1st on a load. If u got lucky to be the last on the load, the price drops down quite a bit.

Dealing with brokers, They just shop for bids. Whoever can get your car for cheap they'll book it. Cross country enclosed I've seen as low as $1,400 but averaging $1,800.00. Again, you never know who's gonna pick up the car. Got lucky once a Horseless Carriage truck showed up through broker. Price was way cheaper than you call them direct. That just happened because they had an empty spot to fill.

I'm usually very happy when dealing with direct, except the wait time is awfully long. Always check with them first.

Have a dependable broker I use for business but can't trust no one. They don't care about your car. Keep that in mind.

$3,250.00 for shipping isn't unheard of. It's def a lot from JD to CA though. But paying the 25K over for this kind of service is speechless...
Old 11-15-2018, 10:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Speed district Llc....that's a good name.
You laugh, but they run great track events here in CA. Looking forward to going to Buttonwillow with them in Dec.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:46 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanb903
Claims dealer was rude to him. Posts text exchanges showing OP being rude/threatening.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I did not read a the whole thread
but it's a car
it's not that hard
you pay
they deliver
I really don't get it
I deal with way more complex transactions on daily basis. it really isn't that hard.
once the money is paid, the sales should do EVERYTHING and get it delivered.
a service is rendered thus a commission is earned.
the actual act of "selling" a car is not worth getting paid.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:39 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

transport: Plycar is only good on west coast. If u go coast to coast it's a fkg night mare.
your car is loaded and unloaded many times.
and they have issue with "time"
again this is not rocket science.
get a watch and FOLLOW the time.
there shall be no excuses, accidents, hazard what ever. you need plan B.
ok enough renting.
hard help very hard to find.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I’m going to start a Rennlot wellness educational program.
”The path of least resistance, don’t worry, be happy”
Old 11-16-2018, 09:51 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Sucks you had a bad experience but another one of these threads is pointless at this point....it's pretty much fact most dealers feel they are doing the customer a favor by selling them a GT car, no matter ADM or MSRP....this is the market we live in.....nothing will change and JD will continue to sell Porsche's just fine...
Old 11-16-2018, 10:39 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

OP, two weeks and Im still waiting for one of the two cars involved in the transaction to move (yes, this is a P-dealer handling the transaction and shipping arrangements) - getting mad and threatening isnt going to solve anything, in fact we were chuckling about it last night.

What mooty said above, the sales agreement parts is two or three phone calls at MOST; what takes time is getting the shipment and paperwork done and in agreeable terms for both parties so everyone is happy - especially when out of state, no matter if you paid an ADM or not. That was your choice to do so, doesnt gain any extra permissions.

Enjoy the car and move on if the money isnt an issue as you stated.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:15 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanb903

I just read the text exchange. Ouch. Thats not a way to deal with a dealer or any business. Sorry- OP, I dont know the whole story nor do I care but those texts are just wrong. Sending that to a sales person?? seriously?
Old 11-16-2018, 01:24 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
OP, two weeks and Im still waiting for one of the two cars involved in the transaction to move (yes, this is a P-dealer handling the transaction and shipping arrangements) - getting mad and threatening isnt going to solve anything, in fact we were chuckling about it last night.

What mooty said above, the sales agreement parts is two or three phone calls at MOST; what takes time is getting the shipment and paperwork done and in agreeable terms for both parties so everyone is happy - especially when out of state, no matter if you paid an ADM or not. That was your choice to do so, doesnt gain any extra permissions.

Enjoy the car and move on if the money isnt an issue as you stated.
I don't know about the specifics of the OP's transaction, but my recent out of state transaction took 2 phone calls. 10 days later the car had already crossed the country and delivers to me, and that includes 2 days that I delayed the process since I did not have time to meet the notary who came to my house for paperwork. I was informed by the dealer by letter that all documents have been sent to CA DMV ( dealer found the one closest to me, without me asking) and DMV already sent me a letter and I am just managing my time to get VIN verification and stop by at the DMV. Not rocket science...
Old 11-16-2018, 01:28 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

c
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’m going to start a Rennlot wellness educational program.
”The path of least resistance, don’t worry, be happy”
that’s why i’m driving and riding. u want to happy goto that thread. life is a peach

Quick Reply: Honest Review: Jack Daniels Porsche - Jonathan Wein // 2019 Porsche GT3RS