Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Review: Jack Daniels Porsche - Jonathan Wein // 2019 Porsche GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:03 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

So they didn’t cover shipping and made some clerical errors; that is what gets you upset? Is there more I am missing here? Often people doing the papers have nothing to do with sales, for example my dealer turned me into a woman once on paper!

Look on the bright side, you got an RS, be happy bc no doubt they screwed over a local client to take care of you, a random person. Just suck it up.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:09 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, did JW say he would pay $1500 in shipping or total shipping, regardless of costs? Sounds like a pretty simple factual determination but if you can’t even agree on this, it’s obvious why your deal was a sucky experience.

I’m not a Jack Daniels fan but it sure sounds like you were out of your depth buying a car...LOL. “ You’re ****ing with the wrong guy man ”..who would put that in an email/text?

Last edited by Semitone; 11-15-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:18 AM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all this drama because a guy used white-out. That’s ****ing hilarious.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 AM
HitApex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ruuddevil
So all this drama because a guy used white-out. That’s ****ing hilarious.
OP paid $25,000 over, paid $3,250 shipping, and nightmare service. OP got dealt a very bad set of cards.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:20 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe They told You 3250 and said they will cover the half of the shipping but in all reality the 1600 you were paying would cover...wink wink
I shipped a car back in 2008 with horseless carriage and paid 1600 from philly to California.
Also did a car from Miami to philly a year go for 1000.
3250 is high but I think that cant be a real number but maybe im wrong.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by HitApex
OP paid $25,000 over, paid $3,250 shipping, and nightmare service. OP got dealt a very bad set of cards.
We Rennlot only know part of one side. 2 weeks ago, Orlando to SE Mass $1050.00. Was this a single car enclosed transport truck?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 AM
HitApex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by speeddistrict
....CORRECTING the registration when Jonathan white-out my incorrect address instead of reprinting the paperwork and non-stop insurance adjustments......Karma will do its trick!....
OP. Correction for registration in California right?
Old 11-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, this is the second thread on this nightmare scenario. Can't believe its still going on. If were the OP, i would simply get my car home, clear up the registration and MOVE ON and never deal with that dealer again.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:58 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

JW should refund you your shipping if they promised you that, otherwise, enjoy the car and dont fret with it. It could have been worse.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:10 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I had my Carrera T shipped in from Dallas to ATL, covered for $600
Old 11-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
If I'm not mistaken, this is the second thread on this nightmare scenario. .
If I remember correctly, that last thread was some whiny guy from California complaining that Jack Daniels wouldn’t help him dodge taxes and register the car in Wyoming. This can’t be the same person/OP! If it is, OP should get his parents or an adult to supervise when he buys a car.

This is enough to actually make you feel sorry for JD even if they are clueless. Yes...I’m one of the one star reviews for JD on Yelp.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Semitone

If I remember correctly, that last thread was some whiny guy from California complaining that Jack Daniels wouldn’t help him dodge taxes and register the car in Wyoming. This can’t be the same person/OP! If it is, OP should get his parents or an adult to supervise when he buys a car.

This is enough to actually make you feel sorry for JD even if they are clueless. Yes...I’m one of the one star reviews for JD on Yelp.
LOL...you may be right! I think it was the issue with the registration/Jack Daniels that made me think of the other thread
Old 11-15-2018, 01:28 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

If I remember correctly, that last thread was some whiny guy from California complaining that Jack Daniels wouldn’t help him dodge taxes and register the car in Wyoming.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:03 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Just shipped a car from the South East to LA. Dealer quoted me $1700 for enclosed transport. Ended up being $2300, but without me asking dealer told me they would cover the difference since they told me &1700, and would honor their quote. 5 days door to door (actually I took Uber for 2 miles since the truck was too big for my neighborhood).
Old 11-15-2018, 02:45 PM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

I don't think I was clear but This is an HONEST review with Jack Daniels Porsche & Jonathan Wein.
I have my car, it's registered, I've taken it to the track 5x already. I'm happy now.
I'm just letting everyone know, they shouldn't give that guy business.

Here are the screenshots, so people see the real salesman you would be working with.

Again, I don't care about the $3250. It was the principle that bothered me. When I give people my word, I stick to it.
Remove the review and I'll give you the shipping money? No. I rather let him keep that money and actually let people know.

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
$3250 for shipping? Jesus. I got a quote for covered shipping for my car from Chicago to Scottsdale for $1400. I’d check those invoices before you pay it.
Originally Posted by Guest89
On shipping, I just paid $1,600 to ship from Rstrada in Torrance to Atlanta to move my GT3 back after Rennsport.

$3,250 is steep.

Originally Posted by Ascend
What shipping company do you guys use?

Btw, JD sucks.
Originally Posted by 2006m5
Maybe They told You 3250 and said they will cover the half of the shipping but in all reality the 1600 you were paying would cover...wink wink
I shipped a car back in 2008 with horseless carriage and paid 1600 from philly to California.
Also did a car from Miami to philly a year go for 1000.
3250 is high but I think that cant be a real number but maybe im wrong.
JD found the company, here is the copy of my receipt.

Originally Posted by destaccado
Did you pay an ADM for your GT3 RS or not?

If you didn't pay an ADM and expected free shipping costing $3250 on a car that 100 other people would have paid MSRP for your story is hard to believe.
I paid $25k ADM. Which is the going rate everywhere I called and spoke to. I didn't get any special "deal". If I could buy a GT3RS or GT2RS at MSRP, I would purchase multiple of them but sadly, I'm the sucker that paid $50k adm on his .1 RS and $25k this time, didn't seem so bad.

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
We Rennlot only know part of one side. 2 weeks ago, Orlando to SE Mass $1050.00. Was this a single car enclosed transport truck?
It was enclosed transport truck with about 8-10 other cars in it.

Originally Posted by BryanCO
In before this thread is deleted.
There is no reason for this thread to be deleted. It's an honest review on my dealings with a dealership and their salesman. I am just warning people to take their business somewhere else. I've bought multiple cars from Rusnak Westlake and Rusnake Pasadena, I've never had ONE bad thing to say about my buying experience.

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Put some water on your fuse to slow it down. Just saying.
Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Can empathize towards a terrible purchase experience, but this ^^^

Just relax, no need to drop f-bombs and take things to the extreme. Generally not going to get a great response by doing that.
Well, did JW say he would pay $1500 in shipping or total shipping, regardless of costs? Sounds like a pretty simple factual determination but if you can’t even agree on this, it’s obvious why your deal was a sucky experience.

I’m not a Jack Daniels fan but it sure sounds like you were out of your depth buying a car...LOL. “ You’re ****ing with the wrong guy man ”..who would put that in an email/text?
That text was after the three attempts to get the shipping money back. If you actually saw the disrespectful things that Jonathan Wein said to me, that is absolutely nothing. He has an anger problem and feels the need to take it out on his clients. Yes, I'm persistent and can be a pain in the *** but in any of my businesses, I don't speak to anyone disrespectfully.

Quick Reply: Honest Review: Jack Daniels Porsche - Jonathan Wein // 2019 Porsche GT3RS