Pro

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

One week of ownership?
Old 11-14-2018, 05:40 PM
karter34
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Congrats on the car - out of curiosity - how do you feel about the long hood while driving? I tested one of these, and felt the front end was just too massive
the long hood makes the car feel more substantial for me, I am 6ft 4 and use to a larger car. Personally have no issues and like it a lot.
1 week of ownership was all it took on the GT3 I was so disappointed with the lack of torque that I skipped run in and just drive the wheels off it .the gearing was a major issue as I could only use 1st and 2nd gear in the street to get the 9000 rpm fun.
Just was not for me .
the GTR is V8 twin turbo 700 nm and is an angry beast. It’s exactly what I want
the turn in feels more nimble than the Porsche either because it’s mid mounted from engine or just lighter steering. It quite freaky for such a size car
about to take it on a forest drive. Know more soon
Old 11-14-2018, 05:50 PM
mac10
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

That GT3 was sweet! Sharp looking car and love the color combo with the black paint and silver wheels!!! I'll take it!!!!!!

Last edited by mac10; 11-14-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:11 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
I also have the AMG GTR and a .2GT3 manual.

I agree that the AMG GTR is much better than the GT3 on the street. I find the GT3 boring and uninspiring below 4500 RPMs.

I just had the magicians at DME come to my garage and tune my GTR. The car is an outright monster now and complete lunacy,
which is hard to imagine because stock it was great.
Can you go into more detail re: the DME tune?

Bish
Old 11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman

Can you go into more detail re: the DME tune?

Bish
i will send you a PM. They did a few of my cars. Can’t say enough good things about their service and quality of tunes and customer service.

They even brought the mechanic from my dealership to remove some body parts that was necessary to get to the ecu for one of my cars. He brought all his tools which was funny just watching the unloading. I had told them I have everything but they wanted to be sure.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:53 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Good luck on the Gtr....but I believe when Benz broke up ...Benz probably had rights to use design of viper
when u look at the Gtr looks so much viper ..just different skin.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Good luck on the Gtr....but I believe when Benz broke up ...Benz probably had rights to use design of viper
when u look at the Gtr looks so much viper ..just different skin.
Good point. Certainly a weird perspective of the road from the driver’s seat. Styling not my cup of tea but that is all subjective

GLWP
Old 11-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by karter34

this is the old one
Wow, that’s an amazing GT3! Sorry it didn’t work for you, she’s gorgeous. I believe that with more time, you may have come to love that car.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Have any interior pics? Curious to see the painted trim in black.
+1
Old 11-14-2018, 10:39 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
I believe that with more time, you may have come to love that car.
I don't know, he did give it a whole week.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:05 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats!! Nice looking car. I can see the lost of torque in low rpms. I came from a 997tt and that bothered me a tad but 9k rpms made up for it.
Love to see some interior shots. Sounds incredible looking
Old 11-14-2018, 11:16 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

😂
Old 11-14-2018, 11:52 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by karter34

feb 18

MY GT3 2018 manual first day impressions

This arrived today and I am a little unsure I have mixed feelings .

The car looks amazing, driving position and ergonomics are fantastic, the LWB seats are comfortable, I will get the adjusters for more rake .
100% need bolster protectors.
Started it up and I thought it lacked a bit of noise. I can see why people opt for a shark worx

Driving off I thought it's very compliant over bumps no different to my 997 Pdk turbo. Quite comfortable and not near as stiff as I thought . Considering this was to be a weekend only ca I was a bit disappointed as it could easily be a daily .
I also thought the gearing is too tall so bottom end torque is not that great, off the line it's not feeling at all a ballsy torque based engine.So around town it's an easy drive . I was hoping for a bit of a difficult car to drive with a heap of power , as in be careful with the power. Though really no need .

I would say the gears are to tall . when you get up in the rev range 1500 to 4000 equals nowhere . 5000-7000 is good torque from 7000 revs to 9000 the thing screams though lacks torque just screams , the down side is you are going too fast for the street. I found some back roads and gave it some and I found that the gears are a too tall , so 1st gear 100 kms second gear probably doing 160 kms per hour, so it's hard to use the motor wilth full range on the street .

Build quality is excellent and the car looks good.

My history with cars are mainly V8's or TT pDK so this one is not quite what I was expecting. It is a manual and the box is nice clutch is light and steering is good, direct . Car is planted .
Off tigh corners it will step out a bit .

Now I am of the belief warm the car up and then drive it so It been belted from 25kms on the clock . It free's up the engine. Car was too boring under 4000 revs.

Conclusion is , I need to spend more time in the car to make it work for me. So far I am a little disappointed however I can see why others love it. The cars looks fantastic and I love my options painted interior with full leather and LWB'a look fantasic

The final Conclusion Was I was not in love with it so I sold it after a week and ordered an AMG GTR

The car finally arrived today 10 month wait

I don’t know where to start , I’m in love !!
First impression is the stance, it looks wide and fat from front and rear .
The interior is actually a lovely finish with Alcantara gloss black centre consul with matte carbon , black leather with yellow stitch
The seat position for me is close to perfect I’m 6ft 4 and ordered bucket seats with yellow stitch
Start the car and the rumble is amazing, just fantastic.
The response to the pedal is instant with full torque at 1900 revs .
The most amazing thing for me was the turn in, for me it is more responsive than the GT3 . I think due to 4 wheel steer, car is quick to react and feels very nimble .
the build quality for me is Porsche good, I am really surprised . It’s a tank !!
The look of the matte silver and black wheels is also very pleasing.
When you push the go pedal while doing 20kms it’s instant and bloody fast. Turbo S fast.
It’s the car made for me . I love it and for value it speaks volumes . The back fire exhaust is addictive.
Then turn the car to comfort and it all slows down and is a really nice traffic cruiser .
This is the best car I have ever driven let alone owned . And this is all only on the way home from work in traffic .

The gearing description seems a bit exaggerated maybe?

It’s good to have choices. Congrats on your new car. Looks amazing.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:53 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Have any interior pics? Curious to see the painted trim in black.
Spec'd my car with black painted AC vent trim:

Old 11-15-2018, 12:05 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I don't know, he did give it a whole week.

Quick Reply: Dumped my GT3 manual for my new love