Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got allocation for GT3T from my dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 09:42 AM
tcracing
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told I could not order PTS on the '19 GT3 I have on order.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:57 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
Actually I don't mean to sound that negative--just if you have a non-turbo manual GTS, the GT3T is obviously going to be a better car but it's not the same as someone coming in from something else. Just pay as little ADM as possible without missing the chance, because spread over the next few years it's not much. The back seats thing still gives me a tiny bit of pause--it's fine to have other cars if you need to haul around smaller kids, but it's so nice to not have to choose. Why can't Porsche just create the perfect parts bin car, they have all the bits...
That is what I am thinking. GT3T is a better car, but is it twice as good? Very occasionally the back seat is useful. I think I will hold out for closer to sticker and we'll just see if I lose the opportunity.

J
Old 11-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

I was taking to a local shop, they have put the rear seats in a few, said all the parts are still in the car, same tub
Old 11-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I was taking to a local shop, they have put the rear seats in a few, said all the parts are still in the car, same tub
Not a good idea for crash protection if someone gets hurt the car is not certified for crash protection in the rear. Insurance nightmare.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:48 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer wanted 30k “premium pricing” on a GT3 order. I’ve purchased 4 new cars and been a loyal customer for over 18 years, taking my cars there for all their service needs, kinda ****ty.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:36 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Dealer wanted 30k “premium pricing” on a GT3 order. I’ve purchased 4 new cars and been a loyal customer for over 18 years, taking my cars there for all their service needs, kinda ****ty.
I paid over ..but i never owned a porsche,still was bent but bit the bullet.
These guys should give u msrp.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:26 AM
H-MAN
Intermediate

Last edited by H-MAN; 11-12-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:43 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by James Walker
cant imagine a circumstance where price of PTS comes down.
It will come down when they change the paint workshop because it will be much easier to do custom colors. Audi charges what $3000 for a wide range of custom colors? And they do way more cars than Porsche. It's just supply and demand logistics--if they accept more PTS slots even at $14K, it slows things down so they can't make as many cars. If they can do (pseudo) PTS without impacting the line, then it's just up to them to figure out how many to allow and what the price will be so they don't have any slack.

Audi's system is not true PTS anyway (well neither is Porsche's) but you get to select from a book of colors. Maybe there will be a new name for it, and PTS will stay as that and at the high price for off-book colors and new colors. But the wailing wall? You'll be able to pick any of those no problem.

I don't know when the new paintshop is coming online though. Just that it is, someday.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:49 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

This is what I would tell my friend...Rennlist will probably blast me for this one hahahaha

Lock in the allocation at 15-20k and then when it comes in I am sure the market will be Msrp to maybe 5k over. Tell them you'll pay that and it's fair or just walk...

Or it comes in and you love it and you'll pay whatever they are asking, or you hate it and you wouldnt pay anything...

Honestly, people fall off orders way more than you think. Just order it and decide when it comes in, the dealer cant be too angry as it wont sit on the lot for long.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
This is what I would tell my friend...Rennlist will probably blast me for this one hahahaha

Lock in the allocation at 15-20k and then when it comes in I am sure the market will be Msrp to maybe 5k over. Tell them you'll pay that and it's fair or just walk...

Or it comes in and you love it and you'll pay whatever they are asking, or you hate it and you wouldnt pay anything...

Honestly, people fall off orders way more than you think. Just order it and decide when it comes in, the dealer cant be too angry as it wont sit on the lot for long.

And for that exact reason, I suspect most, if not all dealers would want the ADM now to secure the order.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:21 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

Just ask them if they will adjust to market when the car arrives, this is not a crazy request at all. If it is still 20k and you don't want to burn the relationship, buy it...also if it is still market I think you should pay 20k over.

I just do not believe that will be the case come February. Winter is here now, SO many gt3's still being delivered (115 for sale on Autotrader and that does not count new from dealers as they cant or not supposed to advertise GT cars on web) and all that Christmas and holiday spending always slows car sales come Jan and Feb. I would put in the order if you want it as a Feb delivery is best case for ADM's imo and 992 will be launching. Telling them you want to pay fair market when the car arrives is as reasonable as it gets. If they will not agree to that you should use a different dealer...
Old 11-12-2018, 09:44 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I’m moving on to a different dealer, 18 plus years being a loyal customer gets you no better than joe blow off the street. Screw them, I’ll get a GT3 at sticker and shove their nose in it.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Up to you if the 19 GT3 is worth your 16 GTS and 90k, IMO that would be a tough sell. That being said- if you have already been incepted by the concept of GT3 ownership like I was, then you'll soon realize one way or another you'll gladly pay to join the club
Old 11-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m moving on to a different dealer, 18 plus years being a loyal customer gets you no better than joe blow off the street. Screw them, I’ll get a GT3 at sticker and shove their nose in it.
I doubt it but good luck.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:27 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 365 Posts

I am a native Houstonian and have written off the Sonic dealers in town. I started buying with Bob Hall at Autobahn in Ft. Worth years ago and have purchased from him ever since. He and Autobahn have always respected my loyalty. Feel free to PM me for his mobile number.

One more thing, my GT3T allocation is at MSRP.

Quick Reply: Finally got allocation for GT3T from my dealer?