Sponsored by:

Champion came thru

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 12:26 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

OP gets deposit/adm returned. OP gets car and pays MSRP (implied in post). Dealer revenue/profit reduced by deposit/adm amount. Dealer seeks deposit/adm from former employee (good luck with that). Seems ok to me.

OP - great to hear that things worked out!
Sure, completely agree in that were all happy for the people that wanted cars. Its just the principle of the matter it seems almost too easy - but, there is some settlement in the end which is better than nothing. Just thinking of the frustrations in trying to get the car and what this all took, almost seems too easy for Champion at this point that they will have minimal skin in the game in the end and since they've sold all of the cars - we can continue to see "#1 dealer in America" all over from them. Thats what gets me in the end.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:50 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Sure, completely agree in that were all happy for the people that wanted cars. Its just the principle of the matter it seems almost too easy - but, there is some settlement in the end which is better than nothing. Just thinking of the frustrations in trying to get the car and what this all took, almost seems too easy for Champion at this point that they will have minimal skin in the game in the end and since they've sold all of the cars - we can continue to see "#1 dealer in America" all over from them. Thats what gets me in the end.
Well on the flip side what should happen to them?.....I for one think that if the customers that got scammed are in the end satisfied that's all that matters.....
Old 11-10-2018, 04:54 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Well on the flip side what should happen to them?.....I for one think that if the customers that got scammed are in the end satisfied that's all that matters.....
Not my place to decide that - but completely agreed that the customers should be taken care of to where they are satisfied. Im not trying to draw conclusions but it almost seems as there is no recourse towards Champion for an oversight on their end. Take care of the customers, they are doing that which is great - but does it seem fair that they get to retain their "#1" status with no penalty from PCNA or penalty?
Old 11-11-2018, 12:46 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,788 Likes on 4,777 Posts

Seems like an interesting deal for Champion:

- Employed someone who ends up taking deposits outside of Champion accounts
- To date they sell the cars that were promised (which they make money on), and refund the ADM amount that was taken from the client (which again they profited on the sale of the car so debatable how much out of pocket this will cost)
- They gain the rights to pursue the sales person solely I'm assuming in the signed docs by the clients once they receive their car and ADM back, and are free to recover whatever they are able in the long run - which again will be profit back to them to some degree because they've sold the cars and paid out the clients already

Sorry, doesn't seem right to me that they get to play the victim and use the cars as leverage to buy out the people that were really damaged and at risk, which it sounds like is being done.
Were you just elected president of the "I am obliviously entitled" club?
Old 11-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Glad it worked out

both of my GT3 are coming from Champio, great experience
Old 11-11-2018, 07:58 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Glad people got their ADM cash back as a good result and dealer made it happen relatively quickly. The dealer may have insurance to protect against fraud to cover these refunds, but who knows.

Very difficult to assess financial damages to each person but a set formula could be devised on a pure cash lost basis on interest, but difficult to determine as most people probably agreed to place deposits with variable unknown timetables for delivery, etc ....no need for all this consternation...

People got cars at MSRP which is better than their first actions...

I don't think that Champion wanted this bad publicity...and will lose a small percentage of sales temporarily...

Knowing some of the RL value focus threads...the 20 some Cars obtained involved in the Champion scandal will hold their value better...
Old 11-11-2018, 08:33 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Not my place to decide that - but completely agreed that the customers should be taken care of to where they are satisfied. Im not trying to draw conclusions but it almost seems as there is no recourse towards Champion for an oversight on their end. Take care of the customers, they are doing that which is great - but does it seem fair that they get to retain their "#1" status with no penalty from PCNA or penalty?
champion has loss of reputation and business. But the customers who were actually stolen from were made whole.

do we as a country just find the need to punish someone who did their best to rectify a bad situation? Sue Champion even though their reputation took a major hit but their customers all seem satisfied with how they were treated. Yup. Makes sense.

Last edited by Yippiekiaye; 11-11-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

champion has loss of reputation and business. But the customers who were actually stolen from were made while.

do we as a country just find the need to punish someone who did their best to rectify a bad situation? Sue Champion even though their reputation took a major hit but their customers all seem satisfied with how they were treated. Yup. Makes sense.
‘well said ........all failures don’t require punitive damages when a fair attempt was made to solve the problem. Also people own some responsibility which some have stated. Happy it worked out for all parties, now lock up the crook when found.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:04 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

champion has loss of reputation and business. But the customers who were actually stolen from were made whole.

This.

Some folks cant leave well enough alone. The buyers only deserved to be put in as good of position as they originally bargained for. Heck, it sounds like the buyers ended up better off...they originally bargained to pay an ADM and get the car. They ended up getting the car and the ADM refunded.......
Old 11-11-2018, 03:58 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
This.

They ended up getting the car and the ADM refunded.......
Not true for all,
Besides getting the deposit back, some did not get an actual car but probably got compensated by another way.

Regardless, congrats OP, glad things worked out for you as it did for me in the end.
Jack
Old 11-11-2018, 07:48 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Is "#1 Porsche Dealer in America" made up or a legit designation from PCNA?
Old 11-11-2018, 08:02 PM
yxc145
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many people were "tricked"? Do they have that many GT cars to offer?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:21 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Is "#1 Porsche Dealer in America" made up or a legit designation from PCNA?
Champion sells more new Porsches than any dealer in the world, and they do it with high CSI. That achievement is not accidental nor a fluke; it’s an extremely well run dealership, despite this recent episode. In other words, It’s perfectly appropriate for them to call themselves #1.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

As a prior customer at Champion, I was offered 30k over from my legit S.A. for a 3RS, declined and bought a TTS instead. I wish I had worked with Shiraaz.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Dejan33
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't understand your perspective here. Your still not happy? What would it take for the situation to be rectified to your standards?

Take this in for a second...

1. Dealership...doesn't matter which, pays an employee to do a job.
2. Employee figures out a quick way he can scam clients
3. Employee runs.
4. Everyone blames the dealership.
5. The dealer is doing everything in their power to rectify the situation, including refunding deposits that the employee ran off with and getting allocations.
6. YOU ARE STILL NOT HAPPY.

Should they have had a crystal ball to see all this happening before hand? The sole reason this guy was able to pull this off was his standing with the dealership(10+years) and being on the inside to see dealership process for payments etc. I am sure most people can find a way to steal from any company after working there long enough, just most people choose not to. Can't blame a dealership for having an employee desperate enough to go through with it. Sure you can blame them for not catching on, but if this guy was able to scam what I would say would be the one percenters of of the world. Who can't all be stupid. I would assume he can just as easily mislead management and co-workers who have been working with him for 10+years and trust him.

At the end of the day, this is costing owners/management serious money. For someone else's stupidity and unethical behaviour. Put yourself in their shoes. Doesn't matter if you agree with their business practices or not.

Quick Reply: Champion came thru