Big Wing vs. Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:56 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
Wing + Manual.

When people come up to you talk about your car, the first thing they ask, if they are Porsche or car person, is "did you get the manual?"

Do you want to be that guy that says no and has to endure the look of shame and judgement you receive from some random at a gas station.

Or..

Do you want to be they guy that's says "of course it's a manual, it's a GT3" and that random guy in the gas station walks off thinking there is still hope for society. Then to sweeten the moment, you pull out the gas station and rev out with a flat shift to 2nd looking in the rear view mirror as the random gives you a hell yeah fist pump.

Help society, help yourself, help some random car guy that will never get to drive one of the cars and get a winged manual GT3 😀
Haha, yep, this. Winged manual GT3 here... to help society.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:09 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Yes....while the winged car was exceptional after using it for 3 months as a daily, the car would not fit my needs.

I also realized I would not be tracking the GT3 as much as I thought.

I had a chance to drive a Turbo S for a few days and decided it would be a better fit for driving it every day.

Simple as that.....in the end it all worked out....didn't lose any money, applied the tax on the new car and am enjoying the car.
Dude, you've mentioned this so many times, I know your story inside and out. Honestly, I think you're going through the pangs of GT3 sellers remorse... But, you're posting in a GT3 forum. There's not going to be a whole lot of positive feedback on your move to a TTS, even as a daily; 911's in general aren't exactly ideal for DD work. Anyways, it feels like half the forum drives Raptors M-F, GT3's on weekends; I know it works great for me.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
Dude, you've mentioned this so many times, I know your story inside and out. Honestly, I think you're going through the pangs of GT3 sellers remorse... But, you're posting in a GT3 forum. There's not going to be a whole lot of positive feedback on your move to a TTS, even as a daily; 911's in general aren't exactly ideal for DD work. Anyways, it feels like half the forum drives Raptors M-F, GT3's on weekends; I know it works great for me.
He got bit by the GT3 bug and does not even realize it. Turbo great DD but it is not a GT3.

GT3 is a GT3
Old 11-13-2018, 01:41 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

LOL, by all this repetitiousness he's simply trying to convince himself, in a GT3 forum no less, he made the right move.
Actions speak louder than words, in his case.....
Old 11-13-2018, 05:43 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Dude, you've mentioned this so many times, I know your story inside and out. Honestly, I think you're going through the pangs of GT3 sellers remorse...
You nailed it.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:30 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Z

My thoughts exactly...hopefully will pick up my Touring this weekend in Mobile....
That's fantastic! I'll be in Destin this weekend, otherwise I would get you to stop in Montgomery on your way back north and show it off. Please post pics once you get it home and cleaned up.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Dr. Z
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Deleted
Old 11-13-2018, 10:21 PM
Dr. Z
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by A418t81
That's fantastic! I'll be in Destin this weekend, otherwise I would get you to stop in Montgomery on your way back north and show it off. Please post pics once you get it home and cleaned up.
Will do ...you do the same when yours arrives...
Old 02-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

First a Touring and then a GT3 in white!
Originally Posted by AiRick

Quick Reply: Big Wing vs. Touring