Sponsored by:

Recent auction prices for 16 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by garudatwo
I just picked one up today, single owner, no stories, $169k (205k MSRP) with 5k miles on the clock. I'm hoping that's close-ish to the floor on one of these for a while.
That's a very fair deal. I think the indicators I have been looking at is the amount of listings on auto trader, the amount of time that I have tracked the cars have been listed, and the lower end of the pricing for "high" mileage cars. Granted it is winter, but there are still .2 RS deliveries being made and the release of the Speedster. I also think that GT3 .2s are pushing the .1RSs down as well. Mclaren 570s going down to under $150K doesn't help either.

I am guessing that most that bought their RSs, never thought of it as a track car so those buyers just move on to the next new hot thing.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:40 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

I was just looking on eBay the other day and was shocked how many 991.1 GT3 RS cars were for sale. But then again, I think they made quite a lot of them, so maybe it's more normal. I usually just keep an eye on Spyders. I'm sure prices will continue to drop, but as long as the economy stays pretty good I think they'll stay (floor) in the mid $100's for a long time.

$169k sounds like an extremely good deal. If I had somewhere to park it (in the process of getting more space) and it was a private party deal/CPO, I'd be pretty close to adding one.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:32 PM
KEEP RIGHT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in getting a 16 RS or possibly even a 19. Anyone have recent auction figures on either/both? I’ve seen some high 190 to low 200 MSRP 16’s with 5K or less miles in the 165 to 169 range. And I saw a green 19 with 123 miles CPO’d sell for 11K below MSRP. Thanks
Old 08-23-2019, 04:36 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by KEEP RIGHT
Interested in getting a 16 RS or possibly even a 19. Anyone have recent auction figures on either/both? I’ve seen some high 190 to low 200 MSRP 16’s with 5K or less miles in the 165 to 169 range. And I saw a green 19 with 123 miles CPO’d sell for 11K below MSRP. Thanks
I can tell you that the only .1RSs I have seen sell at retail lately (taken off the dealer's website / cars.com / autotrader, etc) where those asking $160 or less. I posted this spreadsheet yesterday in another thread:

I, too would be interested in seeing recent Manheim numbers, because several of the Porsche dealers seem to be holding firmly in the $180's or even $190's which makes me think not many have traded hands at wholesale lately?
Old 08-23-2019, 05:04 PM
KEEP RIGHT
Track Day

Originally Posted by mchrono
I can tell you that the only .1RSs I have seen sell at retail lately (taken off the dealer's website / cars.com / autotrader, etc) where those asking $160 or less. I posted this spreadsheet yesterday in another thread:

I, too would be interested in seeing recent Manheim numbers, because several of the Porsche dealers seem to be holding firmly in the $180's or even $190's which makes me think not many have traded hands at wholesale lately?
The Palmer Dodge one doesn’t have A/C. They have been struggling to sell it for awhile. I’ve been watching prices intently for a month and a half now. There was a really nice 212 MSRP UV car at Park Place in Dallas with 1300 miles. They started at 189 I think. It was CPO and just recently sold (I assume) after two months. They were down to $169990, before it was removed from the website. It had clear bra on all but a portion of the rear bumper.

There are two other CPO sub 5K UV cars at Porsche dealers here in Texas and both are under 170. Maybe Texas don’t like purple.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:18 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 387 Posts

They have definitely come down, but regardless I still believe like any car in this price range there are many factors in getting exactly what you want that cannot be discerned through simply reviewing auction prices. What I found after looking for 4 months was this. Very hard to find one local with exactly what I wanted. Most cars had been tracked and used as they were intended. All had an array of mileage and options, as well as warranty coverage. All had different levels of ware, regardless of mileage. Some had clear bra and some didn’t. Some Michelin’s and some Dunlop. Some tint and some not and so on and so forth. It would have been easy to compromise somewhere and simply find the lowest price car and negotiate hard as possible. Likely gets one close to their dream price. However, to get one “at my level of expectation”, which I am always willing to pay a premium for, it narrows the search significantly. This isn’t unique to any car type. Research reveals so much as well, about the dealer, car history, etc.

Using my example, had to be a specific color, had to have under 2k miles, no track use, Michelin tires, PCCB, LWBS, FAL, full leather w/deviated stitching, black wheels, premium radio and A/C, no tint, no cage, clear bra from new, and near zero blemish inside or out and one owner. Of the 100 cars available when I was looking, there were 3 that met this criteria. I was very fortunate to find one local independently owned.

Good luck to those looking. Great car!
Old 08-25-2019, 09:05 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

The Palmer Dodge one doesn’t have A/C. They have been struggling to sell it for awhile. I’ve been watching prices intently for a month and a half now. There was a really nice 212 MSRP UV car at Park Place in Dallas with 1300 miles. They started at 189 I think. It was CPO and just recently sold (I assume) after two months. They were down to $169990, before it was removed from the website. It had clear bra on all but a portion of the rear bumper.

There are two other CPO sub 5K UV cars at Porsche dealers here in Texas and both are under 170. Maybe Texas don’t like purple.
You and I are in the same boat. I almost jumped on one a few weeks ago but it did not work out. I am thinking that's a good thing now. Might start considering .2RS's with the way things are going. Palmer Dodge was certainly not lighting anyone's world on fire with that AC and audio delete car at $28 under. The first .1 I saw listed at $40 under got snapped up within 3-4 days even though it was clearly track abused.

More lately, seems its takes a sub $160 price tag to get things moving, but even that seems to have slowed down since last week. We shall see come tomorrow or Tuesday how many more (if any) of the sub $160 cars were sold over this weekend. I am willing to bet not as many.

Meanwhile, Fortune put out this article: Letter From Pebble Beach: What a Disappointing Classic Car Auction Tells Us About the 1%—and the Economy
Old 08-31-2019, 08:53 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Any updates on this? I'm real close to purchasing. Yeah, seems like these and a lot of similar cars are not moving right now.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:13 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
Any updates on this? I'm real close to purchasing. Yeah, seems like these and a lot of similar cars are not moving right now.
I haven't had much time to look lately, and I have started looking into .2's, but as far as the .1's are concerned, I believe the Park Place car sold (they were asking $39,465 under), so I assume final sale price on that car was south of $40 under.

Unless there is something wrong with this car, I expect this would be the next to sell (asking $49.8 under):

https://philadelphia.mclaren.com/oth...af2a94gs187205

Looks like it's been in inventory for 138 days already, so either it has stories, nobody wants 18 ways in an RS, or the market is in total free fall !! Hard to tell what's going on with so few sales. Would be interesting to hear some other people's opinions of whats going on. Lots of views on this thread but not so much contribution.

Good luck with your purchase and please do spill the beans after all said and done!
Old 08-31-2019, 11:31 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Thank you for your reply. I've seen some decent prices as well on .2's. Since I always lease. I've had two dealers on cars I've inquired about try and bang me out on a crazy low residual and a ridiculous money factor. Must be their way to try and make it up on the back end. I guess you have to try. My strategy is to find and work 3-4 cars at a time. I'm never in a hurry and can walk at anytime. One thing I've learned is there is always another car.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:14 PM
KEEP RIGHT
Track Day

Repost hoping someone has 2016 GT3 RS Manheim numbers. Thanks
Old 09-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Repost hoping someone has 2016 GT3 RS Manheim numbers. Thanks
Here you go.... as of today:

And for comparison..... the 2019 991.2 GT3RS has been trending down, as expected.

Buy these GT cars to enjoy driving them, not to invest in...

Last edited by Bossing; 09-11-2019 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 09-11-2019, 01:44 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
Unless there is something wrong with this car
The interior is what's wrong with that car. That has to be the worst RS interior I've ever seen (and by a long margin).
Old 09-11-2019, 02:35 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

sure interior not great but it's also not THAT compellingly priced going into the fall. no buckets either, which counts for even more in an RS I think especially cause they're standard and cost a lot of money on the secondary market.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:36 AM
Jerrym
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

does someone have 2018 991.2 GT3 Manheim numbers?

Quick Reply: Recent auction prices for 16 RS