Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran CA 33 thru Los Padres NF to Ojai!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Ojai, is really, really laid back small town. Great location, but cosmopolitan city it's not. Depends on what you're looking for.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:59 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Too many people have forgotten the first rule of Fight Club.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:13 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

shhhhh.... don't tell no one.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:39 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Spectacular run on CA 33 to Ojai through Los Padres National Forest.
I drove up from the coast at Ventura and thought meh? But then took off in the direction of Taft, wow.

I've been traveling to SoCal for a while now, working in Pasadena. I've run Angeles Crest Hwy & various Malibu runs including the snake.

The best way to describe 33 is that it's median speed is between a Malibu canyon & ACH. Malibu can be very tight, ACH very fast, on both the surface is less than ideal.
33 on the other hand in smooth, medium to fast and low on traffic, lovely. The scenery is spectacular too.
Thanks to those of you that recommended it.
I was running what Hertz gave me, I'd imagine a Touring on these roads would be heaven 😉
thats a wonderful drive in those canyons! I did that about four weeks ago in the Gt3 MT - yeeha!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:59 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Also check out Lockwood Valley Rd to Cuddy Valley Rd to Hudson Ranch Rd. to 33 again. We nicknamed it Nurburgring West.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:42 AM
CloudJumping
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this today and was spectacular.

Funny story, I passed this sub compact suv on the straight, then slowed down to fix something rattling in my car. He caught up , then I couldn't shake him. Ha, wow. I pulled over to let him pass. I have a stock Carrera T.
He must know the roads and was flinging the car like a pro. Humbled.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:53 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by _fletch
Sorry to MASSIVELY try to hijack this thread. I'm planning on moving out to CA in January (yep in 3 months) and Ojai was on my list of artsy or laid back/nice SoCal towns. Since you are all driving through that area can you let me know your opinions on Ojai? Also are there any other similar towns within 1.5-2 hours of LAX anyone recommends?

Sorry again for the hijack attempt. It's hard doing research stuck in Bermuda and with a travel ban (newborn baby curfew). I can try to bring it back on topic with "What's the best laid back SoCal town to park my GT3 Touring in"

Also, these pics are spectacular - seems it is the right area to be looking
You might try a bit North, Montecito. More restaurants and right next to Santa Barbara, a bit far from LAX but SB has its own airport. in case Ojai is about too small and sleepy for you. Ojai is Very hot during summer.

Of course, many neighborhoods around LA feel very quiet, especially in the canyons above Malibu. Manhattan Beach feels like a beach town, it is in fact, just 10 mins form LAX.

Good luck and congrats on baby.

Quick Reply: Ran CA 33 thru Los Padres NF to Ojai!