Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* INTRO OFFER * JCR Titanium Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 06:40 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Went to your site but didn't find any sound clips or weight savings of the center bypass. Can you please share some more info?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:49 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Wouldn't a Xpipe center delete sound even better and with less drone?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bypass sound

Fast MD. Any drone from bypass? What type of tone? raspy/bass/metallic?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2018, 07:53 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I'm waiting for your side deletes so this doesn't apply to me, but kudos for doing this.
Is there an ETA for the side deletes?? Will they be valved?
Old 10-30-2018, 11:59 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj
Fast MD. Any drone from bypass? What type of tone? raspy/bass/metallic?

Thanks
I recently installed the JCR non-silenced center bypass with the valved Fabspeed side deletes. I was prepared for a lot of drone, but surprisingly it is minimal. I feel all aftermarket have a some level of drone. The worst I ever experienced was with the Full set from sharkwerks. Watch the video I posted, I think the sound is great. I will post some driving videos shortly.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:14 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
Went to your site but didn't find any sound clips or weight savings of the center bypass. Can you please share some more info?
There is more information and sound clips in the main product thread which you can find below:

JCR Titanium Centre Bypass - Main Thread

Originally Posted by bli8
Wouldn't a Xpipe center delete sound even better and with less drone?
In a sense an X-Pipe serves the function of balancing and scavenging. You will notice that our bypass features a balance pipe right before the tailpipe flange, this has been tuned (length and capacity) to cut drone and accentuate the more favourable tones of the engine.

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Is there an ETA for the side deletes?? Will they be valved?
We're very very close to release on this product. We will be offering both a valved and non valved version plus some nice features which will set us apart from the current offerings, beyond that of just the material choice.

Originally Posted by fastmd
I recently installed the JCR non-silenced center bypass with the valved Fabspeed side deletes. I was prepared for a lot of drone, but surprisingly it is minimal. I feel all aftermarket have a some level of drone. The worst I ever experienced was with the Full set from sharkwerks. Watch the video I posted, I think the sound is great. I will post some driving videos shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=aoG7m9_OajU
Looking forward to some more video and impressions now you have had a chance to drive the car a little more with the JCR parts installed

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 10-31-2018 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 10-31-2018, 05:35 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 193 Posts

Many thanks for the.code I intend to order today and i've delayed as i was waiting for a sound clip on the non silenced centre bypass with a valved side bypass.This is because i'd also want to fit your valved side bypass as soon its launched hopefully with another RL discount.Now i've heard it i'm pretty confident that your non-silenced center by-pass should be nicely compatible with your side bypasses.
What are your thoughts on this..?
Old 10-31-2018, 07:16 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Many thanks for the.code I intend to order today and i've delayed as i was waiting for a sound clip on the non silenced centre bypass with a valved side bypass.This is because i'd also want to fit your valved side bypass as soon its launched hopefully with another RL discount.Now i've heard it i'm pretty confident that your non-silenced center by-pass should be nicely compatible with your side bypasses.
What are your thoughts on this..?
One of our customers has this set up, albeit not with our valved side bypasses but you can read his thoughts and also hear some sound clips below

FastMD - JCR Titanium Bypass

I believe he will also be adding some drive by videos very soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoG7m9_OajU

Running the non silenced bypass does mean that the sound difference between valves open and valves closed is less than our running our silenced bypass so its just a question of how comfortable you are with the volume level with valves closed

JC
Old 10-31-2018, 07:35 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I have side deletes with valves, and really think the majority of folks would love a real button that opens the valves, most complain about the sound being too tame below the valve opening. hence that argument, but cannot or do not want to deal with drone. I want it extremely loud when i want it, but with being able to turn it off when i want to . Just finding the balance and shallowing the cost (just to make a bunch of noise, with no power) is why we all struggle with this decision. Its a have your cake and eat it too issue.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:03 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I have side deletes with valves, and really think the majority of folks would love a real button that opens the valves, most complain about the sound being too tame below the valve opening. hence that argument, but cannot or do not want to deal with drone. I want it extremely loud when i want it, but with being able to turn it off when i want to . Just finding the balance and shallowing the cost (just to make a bunch of noise, with no power) is why we all struggle with this decision. Its a have your cake and eat it too issue.
Titanium silenced centre bypass, Titanium valved side silencer bypass, Titanium tips, Valve controller. I think thats the perfect set up right there for what you're looking for.

JC
Old 10-31-2018, 08:16 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

4 to 5k to make noise is the argument. 5k for full length catless headers is a deal, but not with the CEL and no tune rule that plagues us with warranty. Its crazy to think a tune voids a warranty on a track focused car. 200k cars cant have the correct mapping to run properly. insane! Catted headers feels like "buying a steak that is really made of Tofu" Just not the same. I live in a non emission state, so its double painful to think about buying a catted header. I totally get what everyone is saying, just seems pointless to have these amazing cars and no be able to have flexibility with the warranty.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:50 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dougr743
4 to 5k to make noise is the argument. 5k for full length catless headers is a deal, but not with the CEL and no tune rule that plagues us with warranty. Its crazy to think a tune voids a warranty on a track focused car. 200k cars cant have the correct mapping to run properly. insane! Catted headers feels like "buying a steak that is really made of Tofu" Just not the same. I live in a non emission state, so its double painful to think about buying a catted header. I totally get what everyone is saying, just seems pointless to have these amazing cars and no be able to have flexibility with the warranty.
Same here in the UK, touching the ECU is a big 'No No' when it comes to warranty.

Its a tricky one but thats why we have created our exhaust offerings in such a modular fashion, to give lots of options

JC
Old 10-31-2018, 04:10 PM
uberm3
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Any videos of the silenced version?
Thanks
Old 10-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Sorry I posted this in the other topic— didn’t know which one was the correct one:

I’m really close to pulling the trigger, but can’t make up my mind between a straight center bypass and the bypass with silencers. i have some reading to do. My plan was to do the center bypass and retain oem sides to get more sound and tone but be able to go to quiet mode for neighbors and phone calls. Is this the correct setup? Can I do this with the non silenced center bypass?

can anyone comment on how this compares to Akra? Both titanium, akra the “name brand” is considerably higher priced.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:01 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Titanium silenced centre bypass, Titanium valved side silencer bypass, Titanium tips, Valve controller. I think thats the perfect set up right there for what you're looking for.

JC
We definitely need a video of this setup for sure!

Quick Reply: * INTRO OFFER * JCR Titanium Exhaust