Banned

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Jesus why do they hate America so much.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:53 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
P.S. I've not "martinized" my car hoard, CA plates on all of them.
LMAO! I pay all taxes and fees on all of my cars, too. I don't enjoy it (to put it mildly) but I just don't have the time or interest to play games.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:11 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
+1000 I agree

how about all the illegal immigrants who pay no income tax/property tax/school tax?

That's kinda whatboutism. I don't think anyone is arguing that illegal immigrants should be able to get away with not paying taxes.

In my town, my property tax is close to $60K a year on my home, a majority of that goes to the public school district.
My kids don’t go to the public schools.
You would think I should get a redund?
I have to pay for public school buses. I am supposed to get a refund because my kids don’t use the bus system.
This gets into philosophies about governance but bottom line is there is probably no one who pays taxes that uses every single public good or service that the government provides with said taxes. You don't drive on every inch of road, you may never need the fire department, not everyone has kids, etc. I don't know of anywhere that has tried an a la carte or pay-as-you-go tax scheme, would be interesting to see someone try. In the meantime, everyone paying taxes in the history of taxes is paying for public goods and services they don't need or use.

There are all manner of tax avoidance/reduction schemes, some of them dodgier than others. Some of those people may feel are immoral, some people are happy to exploit them. But, if you're using a tax avoidance scheme, particularly one of the sketchier ones, you have to accept that at some point that loophole may get slammed shut. And in some cases the government is going to want back taxes.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:30 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
Revenue guy is terrible. Typical overcharging to get people to cave. He probably drives an accord. “Evade tax by setting up a corporation in another state.” Why don’t they go after coca-cola for being a Delaware corporation and not paying Georgia corporate tax? Oh that’s right, someone litigated that 100 years ago and the corps won.

On the plus side, I am sure a lot of these people will be selling the cars so anyone looking for a deal now is the time.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:45 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

When it comes to any tax decision, I ask myself one question. If I do this, can I sleep well at night?

A few more articles:

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...c0bf7e398.html

https://jalopnik.com/the-pitfalls-of...cam-1711216059

https://www.avalara.com/us/en/blog/2...wednesday.html
Old 10-26-2018, 01:09 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Bought my car in Jersey in May. Paid tax on it. Moving to GA in November and I'm on the hook for taxes again. If that isn't some BS I don't know what is. Same with my two year old leased Jeep Cherokee. Where's the common sense in this?
Old 10-26-2018, 01:12 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Irish
That's kinda whatboutism. I don't think anyone is arguing that illegal immigrants should be able to get away with not paying taxes.

This gets into philosophies about governance but bottom line is there is probably no one who pays taxes that uses every single public good or service that the government provides with said taxes. You don't drive on every inch of road, you may never need the fire department, not everyone has kids, etc. I don't know of anywhere that has tried an a la carte or pay-as-you-go tax scheme, would be interesting to see someone try. In the meantime, everyone paying taxes in the history of taxes is paying for public goods and services they don't need or use.

There are all manner of tax avoidance/reduction schemes, some of them dodgier than others. Some of those people may feel are immoral, some people are happy to exploit them. But, if you're using a tax avoidance scheme, particularly one of the sketchier ones, you have to accept that at some point that loophole may get slammed shut. And in some cases the government is going to want back taxes.
Well said
Old 10-26-2018, 01:21 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Irish

Well said! I'm surprised by how many folks on here and on the Vinwiki youtube comments are actually mad that the state is enforcing the law. I can understand wanting the law changed, but I don't understand being mad about the law being enforced.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:35 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by finalspeed
I don't think a dealers license allows you to buy a new car, does it?

This wouldn't be something one would care too much for as if you want a new car, you get to pony up for, this would be more for the hyper dollar collector cars that sit 99 percent of the time short of a run around the block to keep fluids fresh. Granted, I'm the guy who declares literally EVERYTHING I buy that isn't a basic keychain when I go over seas and come back into the US, and I don't even expense what I should with my business, as I don't want anything to be anything other than squeaky clean. I guess a "collectors" dealer license or something is what I'd love to see happen. pay X dollars for a collectors dealer license and then don't have to worry about transactions within your collectors license.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:42 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

A felony. Ouch.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:41 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
When it comes to any tax decision, I ask myself one question. If I do this, can I sleep well at night?

A few more articles:

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...c0bf7e398.html

https://jalopnik.com/the-pitfalls-of...cam-1711216059

https://www.avalara.com/us/en/blog/2...wednesday.html

Me too. I did look into MT license but at the end I thought I did not want the headache because of a relative small delta (8k to 10k).

But it I do agree with others who believe they pay their fair share... 6 figures every year... and I’ll never forget the couple of years We had to pay a 7 figures tax... it hurts ... a lot!
Old 10-26-2018, 06:52 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 724 Posts

50 cars in 4 years... 1.6M is taxes.
I think they'll have a much harder time to collect than they think. If I were a specialized lawyer, I'd be contacting that same group. Heck, I might even do a free coffee and cars for MT cars...
Actually good video:

Others:

Last edited by John Mclane; 10-26-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:46 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

I put my big boy pants on and paid my sales tax. To me, I’d rather rather not have to worry about it if I get pulled over or in an accident (insurance). it’s fun to hear all the reasons why RL’s playboys don’t think they should pony up though, hope your state plays the tiniest violin if they pop you.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I put my big boy pants on and paid my sales tax. To me, I’d rather rather not have to worry about it if I get pulled over or in an accident (insurance). it’s fun to hear all the reasons why RL’s playboys don’t think they should pony up though, hope your state plays the tiniest violin if they pop you.
Lol I want to be an RL Playboy bad boy. A tax paying one though.

Quick Reply: GA coming after MT plate owners