Sponsored by:

Front axle lift question/problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 08:57 PM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Front axle lift question/problem

I appreciate any suggestions; the car will be going to the dealer next week or so but I'd love to hear there is a simple home remedy.
Issue: car has FAL and has shown no issues prior to today. As of today, when the FAL button is pressed, nothing happens- no light on the button, no warning about front being raised, front does not raise. Same if quick tap (which works in my other car with FAL) or holding button. Tried all doors closed, in park, in drive, slowly creeping along, unhooked battery for ten minutes and then drove for ten and then tried, etc.............BUT- when driving along at >38mph, pressing the button does bring up the dash warning that the speed must be decreased for FAL to function (so something in the circuit is talking).
Thoughts? Have checked fuses.
Full disclosure- this is on a 2017 TTS but I know us GT car guys deal with FAL more than the Turbo crew. Cross posting there also in case it is a Turbo specific deal...
Thanks, CP
Old 10-25-2018, 02:00 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Possible low battery voltage, which might explain why it works at speed.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:00 AM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Good point on voltage. Try bring the voltage up on the display in the car. Should be 14v + (when engine on)

The button is working, as when you say over 38mph you get the message on screen.

Hmm very odd!
Old 10-27-2018, 11:57 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

My NZ GT3 the lifts [mandatory to order] quit 2nd day of new ownership with warnings. These lifts are just not reliable. MY US GT3 - I never get the warnings or have problems because I purposely did not order the lifts. More tech crap that fails.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:23 AM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Following up on this- we will put the car on the Porsche charger when we return home and let it charge for 48-72 hours to assure max voltage. Verify with voltmeter. Then attempt lift, then dealer if necessary.
I will post update when have meaningful info and/or resolution.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:09 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Sun Ra
My NZ GT3 the lifts [mandatory to order] quit 2nd day of new ownership with warnings. These lifts are just not reliable. MY US GT3 - I never get the warnings or have problems because I purposely did not order the lifts. More tech crap that fails.
My FAL failed within the first few days as well. Turned out to be a leaking front strut.
Old 03-18-2022, 02:22 PM
bellamyt85
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1963SWC
I appreciate any suggestions; the car will be going to the dealer next week or so but I'd love to hear there is a simple home remedy.
Issue: car has FAL and has shown no issues prior to today. As of today, when the FAL button is pressed, nothing happens- no light on the button, no warning about front being raised, front does not raise. Same if quick tap (which works in my other car with FAL) or holding button. Tried all doors closed, in park, in drive, slowly creeping along, unhooked battery for ten minutes and then drove for ten and then tried, etc.............BUT- when driving along at >38mph, pressing the button does bring up the dash warning that the speed must be decreased for FAL to function (so something in the circuit is talking).
Thoughts? Have checked fuses.
Full disclosure- this is on a 2017 TTS but I know us GT car guys deal with FAL more than the Turbo crew. Cross posting there also in case it is a Turbo specific deal...
Thanks, CP
Hi, I have the same problem with my GTS at the moment. Disconnected battery, left for 10 minutes. Checked fuse, which was fine. No error on dash, although there is a warning when trying to activate at speed.

I have it booked in with Porsche next week, but would be good to know if its something I could fix.

Thanks
Thomas

Last edited by bellamyt85; 03-18-2022 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:35 AM
Najera21
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news

Any news in the fix, having the same issue

Thanks

Quick Reply: Front axle lift question/problem