Looking for a 991.1 GT3, Need suggestions. - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Looking for a 991.1 GT3, Need suggestions.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:11 PM
  #1  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default Looking for a 991.1 GT3, Need suggestions.

Hi All

I haven't been on the forum since I sold my 911S in 2014. I am now looking for a 2014-2015 991.1 GT3. I have a few questions hoping you guys can provide some suggestions/opinon

1. With the 2014 engine issue, will it affect the resale value, even if the car engine was replaced at the factory and come with a clean title?
2. Is certified warranty important? Would you rather get a 2014 Certified vehicle from a dealer or a 2015 from a independent dealer?
3. How important is it to have PDLS? Is it a must have option? Will not having it affect resale like not having Front Axle Lift or Sports Chrono?
4. Is a $120k a good price for a 2015 Certified GT3 with 20k miles? (has Sport Chrono, Front Axle Lift, PCM, Sound plus, Ext Fuel Tank)

Please provide your opinion. Thank you all in advance.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 09:11 PM
  #2  
GiuseppeM
User
 
GiuseppeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,003
Default

Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Hi All

I haven't been on the forum since I sold my 911S in 2014. I am now looking for a 2014-2015 991.1 GT3. I have a few questions hoping you guys can provide some suggestions/opinon

1. With the 2014 engine issue, will it affect the resale value, even if the car engine was replaced at the factory and come with a clean title?
2. Is certified warranty important? Would you rather get a 2014 Certified vehicle from a dealer or a 2015 from a independent dealer?
3. How important is it to have PDLS? Is it a must have option? Will not having it affect resale like not having Front Axle Lift or Sports Chrono?
4. Is a $120k a good price for a 2015 Certified GT3 with 20k miles? (has Sport Chrono, Front Axle Lift, PCM, Sound plus, Ext Fuel Tank)

Please provide your opinion. Thank you all in advance.
Just in general you would want a PPI even if the car is Porsche Certified. I would go with a Ĺ15 but only if it had front axle lift, Sport Chrono is a clock on the dash (and a track app but people use other ones anyway).
GiuseppeM is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 09:18 PM
  #3  
na94
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 54
Default

Do you want LWBS? Because I don't believe those were available in 2014.
na94 is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:40 PM
  #4  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM View Post


Just in general you would want a PPI even if the car is Porsche Certified. I would go with a ‘15 but only if it had front axle lift, Sport Chrono is a clock on the dash (and a track app but people use other ones anyway).

What is a PPI?
Originally Posted by na94 View Post
Do you want LWBS? Because I don't believe those were available in 2014.
What is LWBS?
sorry for the stupid questions.
Just figured out LWBS. No, I sat in one today and do not like it. I prefer the 18 way adjustable seat.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:56 PM
  #5  
TYPE911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TYPE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 510
Default

PPI = Pre Purchase Inspection.

$120,000 for a 2015 991 GT3 , 20,000 miles with CPO is a pretty good deal. What color?
TYPE911 is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:58 PM
  #6  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by TYPE911 View Post
PPI = Pre Purchase Inspection.

$120,000 for a 2015 991 GT3 , 20,000 miles with CPO is a pretty good deal. What color?
It is White. But it doesn't have PDLS and I just noticed that it has roll cage, which I do not want.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:00 AM
  #7  
fepelopo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
fepelopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 14
Default

PPI is Pre-Purchase Inspection. You can get it done at a certified shop or a Porsche Dealership. It usually runs between $300-$500 depending on the shop. It basically gives you a good amount of feedback on how the car has been treated and what is going to need maintenance wise. Its a good way to get a good idea on the overall condition of the car.

LWBS are bucket seats. For a lot of people are a must, for others its sofa seats all the way. It really depends on your personal preference, there are plenty of cars on the market for you to choose what you like. Make sure you try them before you commit to the car. I love the bucket seats ion my GT4 and I'm looking for them on my RS as well.

Judging from whats out there you may be able to find some more aggressive deals but make sure you cover all your bases (carfax, PPI, service history) to get a good idea if the car is a good deal. On a 15 I think if all checks out $120 seams to be a far market price at this point. there are a lot of cars hitting the market so they may go a bit lower but there are also still a lot of cars in the 130-140 range.

Best of luck!
fepelopo is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:05 AM
  #8  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default

can roll cage be easily removed? or is it permanent
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:08 AM
  #9  
TYPE911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TYPE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 510
Default

Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
can roll cage be easily removed? or is it permanent
Yes, the roll cage can be removed.
. In some instances (on the 997 series) a carpet piece must be replaced. Not sure if that's the case on 991.
TYPE911 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 AM
  #10  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by TYPE911 View Post
Yes, the roll cage can be removed.
. In some instances (on the 997 series) a carpet piece must be replaced. Not sure if that's the case on 991.
ok good. then it shouldn't be a deal breaker as long as it can be removed. I should probably keep it if one comes with it and remove it later.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:28 AM
  #11  
Nan P
User
 
Nan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 565
Default

1. The 991.1 GT3's have a 10year Porsche approved warranty on the motor, so you do not need to worry about the engine. As far as resale, GT Porsche's retain their value pretty well
2. Yes I would suggest you get a car with CPO (Certified Porsche Approved) warranty, better for your peace of mind
3. I wanted PDLS, but my car didn't come with it. Not a deal breaker for me as the rest of the options/color is what I wanted. Front Axle lift is useful, but again not a deal breaker. Sport Chrono - I prefer the look without it as the dash is more clean and it doesn't affect the performance of the car

For options I'd suggest leather dash w/ deviated stiching (makes the interior look more expensive), bucket seats (see if they fit you first), PDLS and the newest year that meets your color/option requirements.

Good luck on your search!
Nan P is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:31 AM
  #12  
goin2drt
Super User
 
goin2drt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2,505
Default

Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Hi All

I haven't been on the forum since I sold my 911S in 2014. I am now looking for a 2014-2015 991.1 GT3. I have a few questions hoping you guys can provide some suggestions/opinon

1. With the 2014 engine issue, will it affect the resale value, even if the car engine was replaced at the factory and come with a clean title?
2. Is certified warranty important? Would you rather get a 2014 Certified vehicle from a dealer or a 2015 from a independent dealer?
3. How important is it to have PDLS? Is it a must have option? Will not having it affect resale like not having Front Axle Lift or Sports Chrono?
4. Is a $120k a good price for a 2015 Certified GT3 with 20k miles? (has Sport Chrono, Front Axle Lift, PCM, Sound plus, Ext Fuel Tank)

Please provide your opinion. Thank you all in advance.
Personally would stay away from 14 and go 15 or 16. Yes I would get certified whenever possible. Not sure what MSRP is the $120 car but with 20k miles on a 15 I would expect to pay probably 30% off MSRP. Just a ballpark. I would also get a PPI on anything you buy.

Good luck. The .1 is a great car for a great value.
goin2drt is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:34 AM
  #13  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by Nan P View Post
1. The 991.1 GT3's have a 10year Porsche approved warranty on the motor, so you do not need to worry about the engine. As far as resale, GT Porsche's retain their value pretty well
2. Yes I would suggest you get a car with CPO (Certified Porsche Approved) warranty, better for your peace of mind
3. I wanted PDLS, but my car didn't come with it. Not a deal breaker for me as the rest of the options/color is what I wanted. Front Axle lift is useful, but again not a deal breaker. Sport Chrono - I prefer the look without it as the dash is more clean and it doesn't affect the performance of the car

For options I'd suggest leather dash w/ deviated stiching (makes the interior look more expensive), bucket seats (see if they fit you first), PDLS and the newest year that meets your color/option requirements.

Good luck on your search!
I thought 10 year engine warranty is only on 2014 GT3 due to the bolt heat treatment issue. Do 2015 GT3s also get it?
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:40 AM
  #14  
yxc145
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post


Personally would stay away from 14 and go 15 or 16. Yes I would get certified whenever possible. Not sure what MSRP is the $120 car but with 20k miles on a 15 I would expect to pay probably 30% off MSRP. Just a ballpark. I would also get a PPI on anything you buy.

Good luck. The .1 is a great car for a great value.
30% off?! I thought GT3 retains good value. I believe the sticker on that particular one is $137,900. 30% off would make that a $98,000 car. I have not seen a GT3 under $110k even if it is a 2014 with accident or other issue.
yxc145 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:51 AM
  #15  
2016 gt3
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 103
Default

All the gt3.1's have the 10 year warranty on the motor. I would have a concern on the roll cage if your intent is not to track the car , that would indicate to me this was a dedicated track car, obviously much more wear and tear than a street car.
2016 gt3 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: