Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 with Dundon Street Headers on the Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:33 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 452 Likes on 197 Posts

Jamie, is it an option to use inconel for the headers?
Old 10-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
My wife and I have bought homes without as much difficulty as buying an exhaust for my car. lol I have spent more time and energy trying to figure out what i want it to "sound like" And be able to enjoy a 700 mile weekend without a migraine. How much power gain would you see between the race header and the street header (both long tube) both with the loud center muffler?
Lol, its a tough decision for sure!

We drive what we make and I cannot stand drone! All of our systems are drone free if used as we suggest. This is why we made a complete center muffler with an upper path to kill drone, why our OEM side deletes have valves, why all of our headers come complete with side deletes with valves etc... If the system isn't livable for every day and allow you to have some fun then it's not the right system.

Further we're the only company I'm aware of that lets you buy parts, install them, run them for up to 30 days and if you're not satisfied, send them back for a refund (less shipping and whatever you were charged for installation).

Now onto your question. I assume we're talking about the 991.2 GT3 here, the dyno's for 991.1 GT3 and RS are on our website.

Race and Street headers are very similar in their power gains on our dyna pack dyno. The Race system is about 10-15lbft more from 4800-5800rpm than the catted system. When we had the car on the dyno the race header load values would be higher than catted but the power output the same... Load is calculated by the amount of air the engine is ingesting, so we know more air is going into the engine, but the ecu is making sure to keep the torque limited. Something that is harder to test but we know it's there, is the "ram air" effect both the GT3 and RS experience at speed. The side scoops on the RS are reported to add 3-5% power to the car at 100mph. This means that the ECU will allow more torque as it detects pressure in the airbox greater than atmospheric pressure (ram air). So the gains on a static dyno will be the minimum, once the car is moving the gains will increase, but like I said, hard to measure them.

All of this testing was all done with the OEM muffler. A complete system with 3" side deletes going into a Lifetime muffler will be a bit more free flowing and is the best way to ensure no limitations...

Hope this helps?

Originally Posted by ForeverCar
Jamie, is it an option to use inconel for the headers?
Not yet, but we are working to allow for this. Honestly the only reason to go for Inconel would be for further weight reduction. We have designs for a full Inconel Race System and Inconel Lifetime center muffler. We will be finishing up some other projects first. Inconel Lifetime Center Muffler would be first, as the most weight savings are achievable.

Jamie
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 10-27-2018, 04:21 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Inconel center muffler, that’s a great idea! Looking forward to seeing more great stuff!
Old 10-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Inconel center muffler, that’s a great idea! Looking forward to seeing more great stuff!
We're doing our best to keep pushing.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:30 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Not really after more power but looking for “refinement”. Is there a good ECU tuning solution for 991.2 GT3?

Ideally, something user friendly, over OBD port, high sample rate data logging, and allow end-user further refinement (even if it requires additional licensing fee).
Old 10-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

Not really after more power but looking for “refinement”. Is there a good ECU tuning solution for 991.2 GT3?

Ideally, something user friendly, over OBD port, high sample rate data logging, and allow end-user further refinement (even if it requires additional licensing fee).
What "refinement" do you think a tune will do on the .2?
Old 10-28-2018, 03:19 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

There is no tuning solution like that currently for the 991.2 GT3 or for any 991 GT3. I have a friend working on some of this list but it isn’t ready quite yet. Also most are concerned about warranty issues with a tuned car.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:29 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Tuning make a little more power, but it never be like on a turbo/supercharged car. You main gains will always be with headers etc.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastmd
Tuning make a little more power, but it never be like on a turbo/supercharged car. You main gains will always be with headers etc.
Depending on the torque limiter settings there may be a bit more in the 991.2 4.0L, and tuning cam timing for power not emissions will help in the mid range. All of that said, you're exactly right, it's not like turning up the boost settings on a turbo car and getting 100hp!

Old 10-28-2018, 05:17 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
What "refinement" do you think a tune will do on the .2?
VE is changed with headers. How do you see stock programming handling the VE change?
Old 10-28-2018, 06:01 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

VE is changed with headers. How do you see stock programming handling the VE change?
The car uses a differential map based mass flow for load calculations. With the headers it can tell that they’re there and it adds fuel accordingly. So it does accommodate them.

that said a tune for the VE change, additional torque, cylinder pressure etc would allow some refinement; a bit of extra power etc.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:46 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports

The car uses a differential map based mass flow for load calculations. With the headers it can tell that they’re there and it adds fuel accordingly. So it does accommodate them.

that said a tune for the VE change, additional torque, cylinder pressure etc would allow some refinement; a bit of extra power etc.

Thank you Jamie. I appreciate your positive contribution to the forum (in addition to making great products).

It’s a bit my bad for asking mostly a rhetorical question to Jimmy-D.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No problem and feel free to WhatsApp me with any more questions.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:56 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Jamie. Very interested in the long tube street header system. If we have enough people ready to buy on RL, can we do a group buy?
Old 10-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,388 Likes on 720 Posts

I am also considering LT Street headers with side deletes. Car is hitting storage in a couple weeks but some thing I may add for the Spring.

I know I said I do not need any more power but I am a sucker and the numbers are quite impressive with these headers.

Jaime- you can ship directly to Swain Tech Coatings correct??

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 with Dundon Street Headers on the Dyno!