Old 10-22-2018, 11:16 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Do Dundon 3" Side Deletes and Loud Muffler Make Power

Hello all,

We've been busy cranking away and haven't been updating the Rennlist community as often as we should. Most of this is due to the long delay in getting our 991.2 GT3 back from the dealer after an unfortunate engine failure (oil pump went dead at 500miles). We had a gracious customer that allowed us to get some testing in!

First up is the Dundon 3" Valved Side Deletes in combo with the Lifetime Loud Muffler. Both the side deletes and the entire muffler are 321 Stainless Steel, Guaranteed forever. Our Lifetime muffler has a full 3" flow path unlike the OEM center muffler that necks down to 2.5". To take advantage of this we made 3" Valved side deletes to mate to the Lifetime Muffler. The side deletes have OEM style valves (from the same maker Porsche purchases from) so your exhaust button still functions and there is no drone! You can see there is a nice gain in power to go along with the nice reduction in weight of approximately 38lbs (44lbs for side mufflers - 6lbs for the side deletes).

Drop almost 40lbs, Add power, Add Sound, No drone and No cracked center mufflers!

991.2 GT3, Dundon 3" Side Deletes and Lifetime Loud Muffler

Dundon 3" Side Delete

Combo of 321 Stainless 3" Side Deletes and the Lifetime 321 Muffler (Loud or Quiet) including 4" Slash Cut Tips is available now (in stock) for $5790.00.

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 10-23-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:30 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Perfect ^^
I think my search is over...
The following users liked this post:
CPTAmericaMV (06-01-2022)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:26 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

That looks fantastic. I may be road tripping out to you in the spring for this. Putting OEM tips on the loud/black center is not an option correct?

For a backroad car that may see a track day here and there, what is the chance of cracking if I just do the Dundon side deletes?
Old 10-23-2018, 01:27 AM
Maverick11
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Been stalking this combo for a while. What is volume like relative to stock and relative to center delete with the black muffler? My car shows up in Jan so doing research now.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:46 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

What would the combo with the "quiet" muffler blow worst-case at Laguna Seca without downturns? I know some folks were doing some testing with the quiet muffler but I heard conflicting rumors that they may have failed sound. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2018, 03:48 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Perfect ^^
I think my search is over...
let us know when you’re ready

Originally Posted by bigskyGT3
That looks fantastic. I may be road tripping out to you in the spring for this. Putting OEM tips on the loud/black center is not an option correct?

For a backroad car that may see a track day here and there, what is the chance of cracking if I just do the Dundon side deletes?
Stock tips don’t fit no. Less chance of cracking than with race headers, but still a chance, especially with the increased cylinder pressure and torque output of the 991.2. You’re welcome to add a Lifetime Muffler later.

Originally Posted by Maverick11
Been stalking this combo for a while. What is volume like relative to stock and relative to center delete with the black muffler? My car shows up in Jan so doing research now.
The side deletes and loud muffler is about the same volume as the center muffler at WOT and is actually a bit quieter during cruise. Also the transition from valves closed to valves open is more natural. Less “mmmmmm”. “Bahhhhhh” if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by Mech33
What would the combo with the "quiet" muffler blow worst-case at Laguna Seca without downturns? I know some folks were doing some testing with the quiet muffler but I heard conflicting rumors that they may have failed sound. Thanks!
Way too hard to say. The quiet muffler isn’t design for an absolute dB number as I’m sure you know that’s impossoble since dB measurement is quite difficult to measure repeatedly and absolutely. That said it’s good for about 10-12dB reduction over the stock muffler. The customers we’ve had direct contact with have all been passing or at least we haven’t been contacted to be told the contrary. I will say the muffler isn’t a miracle worker if the car has race headers or equivalent, it’s not likely to pass 92dB.

you may have to start slowly with just the quiet muffler and then move to side deletes quiet muffler to see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Do Dundon 3" Side Deletes and Loud Muffler Make Power