European delivery charge on a GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by PierreTT
Peter, please explain this additionnal discount.
I've never heard of this and it looks interesting. What brand? Who is paying for the additionnal discount?
Here’s an example:

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program
Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Thx Grant. ED looks a lot more like a VIP experience on the MB side...
Old 10-30-2018, 05:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Yes, happy to pay full price or a little more for a Porsche but it should be fun.

Today my sales person in Florida had to be emailed and called ((I'm in Germany) just to add some CXX stuff and the same CXX department confirmed my car DOESNT lock today but Nov 15.

I haven't heard from Jamie in over 6 weeks and 6 mails. I need to call her but need to find a few moments here at the right EST.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:47 PM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience with Jamie is that she’s not very responsive in the beginning when my configuration locked but haven’t “paid” for the car. However, once my salesman confirmed to Jamie that my paperwork and financials have been set in stone, she was very prompt and responsive. Others in the ED team also responded in answering my questions.

Best to have your SA contact her if your paperwork haven’t been finalized. Jamie is responsible for the entire ED program at Porsche. So I can imagine it’s a bit overwhelming at times for her and her team.

This is my first purchase with Porsche ever. And I went about it in the most strange way. Had my ED reservation confirmed before I even paid for the car. Strange.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

My 3rd ED.
Wasnt like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
European Delivery?
I wonder how a car can be , either for 30 days,
registered after 01 Srptember without the particle filter!

guys as Joker or Kobalt might shed some lights
Some call me Clueless - That is right in this case. Maybe Joker will step up.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:20 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo
My experience with Jamie is that she’s not very responsive in the beginning when my configuration locked but haven’t “paid” for the car. However, once my salesman confirmed to Jamie that my paperwork and financials have been set in stone, she was very prompt and responsive. Others in the ED team also responded in answering my questions.

Best to have your SA contact her if your paperwork haven’t been finalized. Jamie is responsible for the entire ED program at Porsche. So I can imagine it’s a bit overwhelming at times for her and her team.

This is my first purchase with Porsche ever. And I went about it in the most strange way. Had my ED reservation confirmed before I even paid for the car. Strange.
Jaime was great on my first ED... she went completely dark when I inquired for some assistance on next car purchase. Maybe she's really over whelmed?

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 10-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,243 Posts

Jamie is the best, and very communicative during the entitreity of the ED process; 3 times now and have been totally wowed ... all went smoothly.

But she does not get involved until your SA submits the paperwork requesting an ED.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,243 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I picked mine up Sept 19th in Leipzig, my dealer never sent me my Euro delivery package. The day before pickup in Germany, I was like, ummm where do I go, what time should I be there??? Jamie gave me all the info, but still kind of ridiculous. Anyways, there was a letter stating it is an American standard emissions vehicle among the papers I received upon delivery.
me too

Quick Reply: European delivery charge on a GT3 RS