Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Porsche Austin / "Stealership"

Old 10-18-2018, 12:02 AM
kyrocks
Addict
Rennlist Member

That is nothing my friend. If it was a used car that is totally fine. Drive and enjoy!
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 AM
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
That is nothing my friend. If it was a used car that is totally fine. Drive and enjoy!
500 miles "used"... you know. But I digress... that will get fixed. I've been enjoying the car... a lot. Cheers!

Edit: by the way, that green of yours is a killer

Last edited by Fdvigna; 10-18-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:16 AM
reacher
User

I've only had negative experiences with Porsche Austin as well. My last experience with them left a sour taste in my mouth, and I'll never do business with them again. I hope they wise up before they go out of business.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:26 AM
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reacher View Post
I've only had negative experiences with Porsche Austin as well. My last experience with them left a sour taste in my mouth, and I'll never do business with them again. I hope they wise up before they go out of business.
When was that? What happened?
Old 10-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Scottykenneth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea man I had a guy as well looking for me. Jesse from https://www.veltraconautomotive.com . Really nice guy. Fast in response w text. He would do the same like Ryan from DDW. He found me many GT3’s but im just picky when spending this much money and coincidental found one very close to me . He found great deals for me and I didnt have to actually talk to the seller. Hope you get your problem fixed Fdvigna Lets see some pics of the car
Old 10-18-2018, 01:16 AM
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth View Post
Yea man I had a guy as well looking for me. Jesse from https://www.veltraconautomotive.com . Really nice guy. Fast in response w text. He would do the same like Ryan from DDW. He found me many GT3’s but im just picky when spending this much money and coincidental found one very close to me . He found great deals for me and I didnt have to actually talk to the seller. Hope you get your problem fixed Fdvigna Lets see some pics of the car
You asked for pictures ... here they go ;-) I can't get tired of sharing these !!!

1) This is the first time I see the car in person - delivery day. Overcast (you will understand below).

2) Completely different vide under ideal lighting conditions...a few days after delivery... stoping by at my local Audi dealer to "show off" the new toy ;-) ....

3) Road trip / fall break - Northern Arizona... beautiful fall colors.

4) I took delivery with 500 miles... this is me at mile 911 (total coincidence) during the road trip.

5) I can't get tired of how "bad ***" this car looks... Like I said before... I am having fun! This is a beast!
Old 10-18-2018, 10:53 AM
saeyedoc
User

We bought our last two cars from them with few problems. I bought my '13C2S two years ago, everything was ok until I got a warning about a brake light. It turned out whoever last serviced it there broke a strut or something that impinged on the brake light line. It was a CPO, but my local dealer initially said it wouldn't be covered, but eventually went to bat for me since we're good customers.
I recently bought a '13 Panamera GTS from them when my wife's Panny was totaled. Mykel was nice enough to send a Macan loaner to me in San Antonio for 3 weeks while they were doing all the work needed on her car to CPO it (it had just come in and hadn't even been put up for sale). He even delivered her car on a transport and took the loaner back. All was well until I answered a few stupid questions on the survey in a way he didn't like (something about whether we had been contacted after the sale) and he got really mad.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM
pissedpuppy
Super User

trash them on Twitter.....they will likely react

I'm about to do the same for Intercity Lines as I am currently 1 month, 1 day waiting for a car (originally told 2 weeks)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:59 AM
kyrocks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna View Post
You asked for pictures ... here they go ;-) I can't get tired of sharing these !!!

1) This is the first time I see the car in person - delivery day. Overcast (you will understand below).

2) Completely different vide under ideal lighting conditions...a few days after delivery... stoping by at my local Audi dealer to "show off" the new toy ;-) ....

3) Road trip / fall break - Northern Arizona... beautiful fall colors.

4) I took delivery with 500 miles... this is me at mile 911 (total coincidence) during the road trip.

5) I can't get tired of how "bad ***" this car looks... Like I said before... I am having fun! This is a beast!
Beautiful pics! Both car and scenery. Love it.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:15 AM
Scottykenneth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Awesome man!!
Old 10-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
We bought our last two cars from them with few problems. I bought my '13C2S two years ago, everything was ok until I got a warning about a brake light. It turned out whoever last serviced it there broke a strut or something that impinged on the brake light line. It was a CPO, but my local dealer initially said it wouldn't be covered, but eventually went to bat for me since we're good customers.
I recently bought a '13 Panamera GTS from them when my wife's Panny was totaled. Mykel was nice enough to send a Macan loaner to me in San Antonio for 3 weeks while they were doing all the work needed on her car to CPO it (it had just come in and hadn't even been put up for sale). He even delivered her car on a transport and took the loaner back. All was well until I answered a few stupid questions on the survey in a way he didn't like (something about whether we had been contacted after the sale) and he got really mad.
I’ve been thought to never take for granted the willingness of a customer to spend his/her money with our business. I think of it as a privilege... It’s never assured and you always have to earn it, all the time, regardless the interaction. Sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy View Post
trash them on Twitter.....they will likely react

I'm about to do the same for Intercity Lines as I am currently 1 month, 1 day waiting for a car (originally told 2 weeks)
ai ai ai, what a way to spoil such a special moment. I hope they do good by you. So sorry to hear about your troubles. Is it a new car? Can you track it?
Old 10-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post

Beautiful pics! Both car and scenery. Love it.
Originally Posted by Scottykenneth View Post
Awesome man!!
thank you guys!
Old 10-18-2018, 05:58 PM
RossP
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sucks you are going through it, but in this case having a broker between you and the dealer seemed to make things a little easier.

Also as many have said here, never have a dealership do anything like clear bra, tint, detail etc. Quality is usually questionable, and its not their wheelhouse. At some point when I buy a new Porsche, my preference is going to be for them to deliver the car with all transport protection film on. Ill take it right to a professional detailer, and then to a professional clear bra shop for a full wrap.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:28 PM
Pointbye
User

Originally Posted by STG View Post
Why would one use a broker to purchase a pre-owned car at a Porsche dealer?
Mainly because they think they will save money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: