Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Manual Touring Delivery in a few Weeks - Ordering Upgrades & Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 12:57 AM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Default GT3 Manual Touring Delivery in a few Weeks - Ordering Upgrades & Need Advice

So my Touring is going to arriving in 3 weeks so I am going to start ordering parts and upgrades. As of now I don't need/want much of anything but there are (2) items that I would like some help with.

A) Exhaust - I would like a little more volume. In the past I have done race headers, and heard the rear muffler bypass but I am leaning towards removing the side primary mufflers. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on the best way to turn it up to 11?

B.) Alignment - The plan will be to take the car to a few track events per year so I will add some camber. In my GT4 and Turbo I was unable to get enough camber to not wear the outer edges of the tires without aftermarket parts. Is there enough adjustment in the GT3?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:21 AM
kento521
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your Touring! I just took delivery a few days ago, and would recommend the following:

1) Paint protection (correction, clear film, and ceramic coating)

2) Exhaust - I went with BBI. To me, it sounds the best and they are local to me. I think it’s a personal thing.

Personally, I wouldn’t mess with the camber or suspension setup. Since you went with a Touring, my guess is that tracking it isn’t priority.

Cheers!

Old 10-11-2018, 01:28 AM
vdar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new car!!

A) Exhaust: I have the Dundon valved side deletes + reinforced “black” center muffler and would describe the sound as stock sound turned up to 11 with the added benefit of ~40lb weight loss. Only had side deletes on my .1 GT3 but Jamie recommended the center muffler as well for tracked cars as “it was only a matter of time” before the stock one cracked.

Sound sample

B) I have about -2.5 front and -2.2 rear camber with stock parts for my track alignment. Concensus seems to be that perhaps the .2 GT3’s don’t “need” as much camber to work well. If you mean shoulder wear on SC2’s, it seems that they are just designed to wear much faster than the main tread and there isn’t much you can do to prevent it.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:28 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

I recommend floor mats. The factory mats are cheap looking.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kento521
Congrats on your Touring! I just took delivery a few days ago, and would recommend the following:

1) Paint protection (correction, clear film, and ceramic coating)

2) Exhaust - I went with BBI. To me, it sounds the best and they are local to me. I think it’s a personal thing.

Personally, I wouldn’t mess with the camber or suspension setup. Since you went with a Touring, my guess is that tracking it isn’t priority.
I do have an appointment for PPF and Ceramic as soon as the car lands along with some light window tint, blend mount, and handful or other little things.

I don't have experience with BBI but I will check out the options that they have available.

As for the alignment I will probably need to change it up as there is a remote chance it will end up as my One Lap of America 2019 mule which requires 200 tread wear or greater compound. My Turbo S would smoke PS4's in (3) 20min sessions with the camber maxed out. On the GT4 I was able to replace the toe links and get quite a bit more and evened out the tire wear. In addition the goal is to take it to COTA, Road America, Road Atlanta, and a handful of local tracks for some parade laps just to see what it can do.

Originally Posted by vdar
Congrats on the new car!!

A) Exhaust: I have the Dundon valved side deletes + reinforced “black” center muffler and would describe the sound as stock sound turned up to 11 with the added benefit of ~40lb weight loss. Only had side deletes on my .1 GT3 but Jamie recommended the center muffler as well for tracked cars as “it was only a matter of time” before the stock one cracked.

Sound sample
https://youtu.be/ONFG1-_cVjY

B) I have about -2.5 front and -2.2 rear camber with stock parts for my track alignment. Concensus seems to be that perhaps the .2 GT3’s don’t “need” as much camber to work well. If you mean shoulder wear on SC2’s, it seems that they are just designed to wear much faster than the main tread and there isn’t much you can do to prevent it.
I have not heard of Dundon and will look into that, also I will need to do some research as the cracked muffler issue is new to me also.

Yes, per the above it will run on PS4's most likely so I will need to get all that I can.

Originally Posted by evilfij
I recommend floor mats. The factory mats are cheap looking.
Any particular brand you recommend?

Quick Reply: GT3 Manual Touring Delivery in a few Weeks - Ordering Upgrades & Need Advice