Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

So lovely.
Thanks for sharing the progress.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:00 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jchou38
Car looks awesome! Saw it in person today! Eddie and Matt are the best, glad I love local to them.

Hey
Thanks for the pic. Love the lineup
Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
So lovely.
Thanks for sharing the progress.
I'm glad you appreciate the progress. I'll keep posting pics when Eddie sends me the fun pics, stealth radar and laser jammers. He does an amazing job hiding them.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:46 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0to60
Hey
Thanks for the pic. Love the lineup
After carefully reading this thread I decided to contact Eddie! I'm in NJ so it's not too big a deal. Spoke with him today and his suggestions were terrific, knowledgeable, friendly, professional ....and in the long run also saved me a couple bucks. So I took the plunge!

I was getting a little antsy because I wasn't thrilled with the shop I had chosen. And delivery was fast approaching.

But thanks to what I've read here helped me to make my decision. Car arrived in Rhode Island on the 11th and it should be in his shop on my appointment day, the 29th. Can't wait. Think I'll take a trip over to the shop to meet Eddie and see my car "being processed"!!

Last edited by DannieK; 10-13-2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Congrats
You will be amazed the cars you see at the shop. Glad you and Eddie was able to take his time you to make a plan for your car
Old 10-13-2018, 08:48 AM
BOS991.2
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
My current RS they PPF’d over the hood crest and the rear sticker I couldn’t tell any differences. The decals were thin enough. I’m worried the side decals are much thicker and will be a problem. Can you order the same exact decals? The ones I’ve seen applied back over are aftermarket and have the rounded ends from the older RS decals vs the new ones that match the curve of the wheel well.

I was was also told during my GT3T wrap that 991.2 headlights had an extra coating that would make it super difficult to remove without damaging the headlight if it ever needed to be replaced so they didn’t apply PPF on the headlights. I wasn’t sure this was true or not.

I was told the exact same thing when I had xpel and opti applied to my Touring so didn’t wrap the headlights.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:01 AM
jchou38
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannieK
After carefully reading this thread I decided to contact Eddie! I'm in NJ so it's not too big a deal. Spoke with him today and his suggestions were terrific, knowledgeable, friendly, professional ....and in the long run also saved me a couple bucks. So I took the plunge!

I was getting a little antsy because I wasn't thrilled with the shop I had chosen. And delivery was fast approaching.

But thanks to what I've read here helped me to make my decision. Car arrived in Rhode Island on the 11th and it should be in his shop on my appointment day, the 29th. Can't wait. Think I'll take a trip over to the shop to meet Eddie and see my car "being processed"!!

Good Choice! Yeah go down and check it out, the shop is always filled with different cars on a regular basis. it is never not packed. Always get to see Pagani's, bugatti's
Old 10-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jchou38
Good Choice! Yeah go down and check it out, the shop is always filled with different cars on a regular basis. it is never not packed. Always get to see Pagani's, bugatti's
It’s a great place to hang out, have a coffee, chat, see cars, and learn. I’ve made friends there too. It’s awesome to see craftsmen at work on something with which they share my passion. My daughter also loves going there as she is a sucker for the hyper exotics, and my wife is thrilled with the work they did on her toy too. Intangible benefits as well as tangibles.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:22 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
The way I see PPF, it's an insurance policy. PPF like insurance you pay premiums, but hope not to need it. Rocks chips aside PPF makes washing the car a breeze, no swirl marks to worry about. While PPF preserves some value, for me it's about my visual experience and the pride to own this fabulous machine. At the end of the day nothing lasts forever and EVERYTHING is a CONSUMABLE.
I've got a jet black metallic inbound. I'm doing full ppf just to not worry about swirl marks!
Old 10-13-2018, 12:52 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MJG911
I've got a jet black metallic inbound. I'm doing full ppf just to not worry about swirl marks!
Nice color
Yes without that PPF black cars are a PITA to keep looking new.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:29 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you Craig. What’s funny is, I knew you were going to use DD...was good chatting with you for many hours though. RS looks great and looking forward to after pics.

We’ll be doing an AL Priority installation and I’ll be sure to post up the “beta” car that trusted us.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:32 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Eddie is awesome. He did full wrap on my GT4. Great thing about them is that they do electronics as well as custom painting accents. He painted my seatbelt pass through in the seats as well as my shift non pattern, etc.... so many options that other shops don’t do.
I would ship my GT3 to him but since I am taking delivery in PEC Atlanta. Going to use the local guy everyone uses there who is just as good. That way I can drive my car back once it is done!

keep the updates coming!
Old 10-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

This PPF insanity is ludicrous. Its as if you've never own an expensive car before. Do you clear wrap your shoes, your clothes and your sofa at home? I can understand some protection for tracking but to spend thousands and thousands of dollars just to have piece of mind while driving it is lunacy. It's a car enjoy it and don't concern yourself with paint deviations or other cosmetic protection issues. You guys just have two much money and need to spend it.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
This PPF insanity is ludicrous. Its as if you've never own an expensive car before. Do you clear wrap your shoes, your clothes and your sofa at home? I can understand some protection for tracking but to spend thousands and thousands of dollars just to have piece of mind while driving it is lunacy. It's a car enjoy it and don't concern yourself with paint deviations or other cosmetic protection issues. You guys just have two much money and need to spend it.
sorry had too! I’ve never done paint correction hell if its that bad I will have the dealer fix until I’m satisfied. It’s a car not a Mona Lisa.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:11 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts

Some people enjoy looking at their car and also take pleasure out of cleaning it and it’s a stress realiever. It sort of goes back to when we were kids...you always knew of someone that had their LEGOs in a neat pile, or color coded in bins. Transformers were retransformed back to default once it was played with. If they played the guitar, it went back in its case. If they wore a fine watch, it went back into the automatic winding watch closet. You see where I’m going with this?

everyone has their own vice. Ppf has taken off in past decade because technology has improved and now there are those dedicated to the craft that they can finally produce and end-result worthy of protecting for the person that sees value in it.

is it the right choice for everyone? NO. Is it like having a plastic wrap on grandma’s couch, NO. Because you spotted that a mile away. If you think that grandma was crazy for covering her couch, then you my friend, were THE reason grandma covered her couch. 😆

All kidding aside, as Craig mentioned, many don’t mind paying $25-50k over sticker for an RS, but others cringe at spending $3-10k perfecting something and protecting it and enjoying it. We should respect others and simply see it from their vantage point. If you wouldn’t do it, great...the same guy crazy enough to do all this protection, might quietly be thinking how nuts you are for not doing it.

ppf isn’t for everyone. I recently met a client this month that is a true car enthusiast...he couldn’t choose which color GT3 he wanted, so he bought ALL FOUR. After seeing our ppf installation on some current projects, he decided it was right for his black GT3. This would be his first clear Brad car.

called me this week and decided he’d rather not have ppf and go with clear coat correction and nano coating only. His project was prepped for ppf installation, and I didn’t even try to convince him a single bit to install ppf. Why? ...because I understood what was value for him and what brought him pleasure.

my 2 cents

Quick Reply: My RS arrived at Detailing Dynamics located in NY Mineola