Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Dealer experience - Porsche of Silver Spring (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1102614-dealer-experience-porsche-of-silver-spring.html)

Jon70 10-09-2018 04:24 PM

Dealer experience - Porsche of Silver Spring

It seems many dealerships typically get bad press on here and maybe rightly so. However, I think when a dealership does an excellent job they should be commended as well. I recently purchased a 991.2 GT3 RS (at MSRP) from Porsche of Silver Spring and the transaction was very transparent and efficient with no games. In all honesty, it was as smooth an interaction on a car purchase as I've ever had. Casey Parkin, the sales manager, was a pleasure to do business with and I expect I'll continue to be a client of his in the future.

driIve 10-09-2018 06:55 PM

Good idea. I recently purchased a PTS .1 GT3 from Porsche Beachwood, Steven Youhana was my guy. Excellent service all around made me feel at ease about purchasing car-un-seen. He was patient, respectful, candid, and prompt throughout. His business manager and transport staff were excellent as well. Car arrived via enclosed transport on schedule and in better shape than described. I cannot be happier about my experience!

RLNTL3S 10-09-2018 07:57 PM

Great idea what you are doing!

I would highly suggest posting a Yelp and Google review. This will help the salesperson and the dealership alike.

2006m5 10-09-2018 10:14 PM

Too bad all dealers are not class acts.

chillindrdude 10-09-2018 10:48 PM

I purchased a CPO 2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid from Porsche of Silver Spring. Hands down, the smoothest, easiest transaction I have ever done at a dealership.

Jon70 10-09-2018 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S (Post 15349193)
Great idea what you are doing!

I would highly suggest posting a Yelp and Google review. This will help the salesperson and the dealership alike.

I completely agree and already posted a google review the day after I purchased the car.

mcipseric 10-10-2018 11:42 AM

Same effortless experience with Porsche of Riverside (Walter's)!

Guest89 10-10-2018 12:30 PM

On the contrary, I had a dreadful experience with Casey Parkin; I bought my 991 GT3 from a RL'er who ran the deal through the dealer for tax purposes.

Casey was lazy and slow; there are ~200 Porsche dealers in the US, no reason to spend money with them.

HelpMeHelpU 10-10-2018 02:18 PM

Three sides to every story, as usual.

C5driver 10-10-2018 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 2006m5 (Post 15349509)
Too bad all dealers are not class acts.

There are never absolutes and yet it seems there's more of an expectation now than ever before. It's just how people are.

Find a dealer you're happy with and stay with them.

KOTB 10-10-2018 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jon70 (Post 15348716)
It seems many dealerships typically get bad press on here and maybe rightly so. However, I think when a dealership does an excellent job they should be commended as well. I recently purchased a 991.2 GT3 RS (at MSRP) from Porsche of Silver Spring and the transaction was very transparent and efficient with no games. In all honesty, it was as smooth an interaction on a car purchase as I've ever had. Casey Parkin, the sales manager, was a pleasure to do business with and I expect I'll continue to be a client of his in the future.

Did you reserve the allocation with a deposit in advance? I recently spoke to a few dealerships and they were willing to put me on the "list" with a 10K "deposit" and when the car arrives they will determine what the ADM will be ....and of course there is no guarantee that a car will arrive! so strange!!!

KOTB 10-10-2018 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by driIve (Post 15349052)
Good idea. I recently purchased a PTS .1 GT3 from Porsche Beachwood, Steven Youhana was my guy. Excellent service all around made me feel at ease about purchasing car-un-seen. He was patient, respectful, candid, and prompt throughout. His business manager and transport staff were excellent as well. Car arrived via enclosed transport on schedule and in better shape than described. I cannot be happier about my experience!

Porsche of Beachwood - I was looking at a .1 3RS they had available and as usual things went smooth initially and I put a deposit on the car. Five days after putting in the deposit my family situation changed and I informed the dealership of the change and let my sales guy know that I will come back to them in 4-6 weeks when I will be ready to pick up the car but for now, I wanted my deposit back. I was told by the sales guy that the deposit is "non-refundable". After almost 40-50 text exchanges they were still adamant about not refunding my deposit so I took it up with my CC company.

Thank god for Chase Sapphire dispute resolution services, they reversed the charge immediately after I reported it to them.... rest assured, I wont be going back to Porsche of Beachwood

driIve 10-10-2018 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by KOTB (Post 15351039)
Porsche of Beachwood - I was looking at a .1 3RS they had available and as usual things went smooth initially and I put a deposit on the car. Five days after putting in the deposit my family situation changed and I informed the dealership of the change and let my sales guy know that I will come back to them in 4-6 weeks when I will be ready to pick up the car but for now, I wanted my deposit back. I was told by the sales guy that the deposit is "non-refundable". After almost 40-50 text exchanges they were still adamant about not refunding my deposit so I took it up with my CC company.

Thank god for Chase Sapphire dispute resolution services, they reversed the charge immediately after I reported it to them.... rest assured, I wont be going back to Porsche of Beachwood

What were the terms of the your deposit? When I made an offer they asked for a deposit and they were clear that it was non-refundable. I knew I wanted the car at that price and didn't flinch, but also understood that I will lose my deposit if I didn't go through with the deal, for any reason. Sorry about your family situation, life changes. Yes it would've been a wise business move to break their policy and refund you but I'm not sure if they did anything "wrong" by sticking to their deposit policy, if they informed you properly prior to.

KOTB 10-10-2018 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by driIve (Post 15351087)
What were the terms of the your deposit? When I made an offer they asked for a deposit and they were clear that it was non-refundable. I knew I wanted the car at that price and didn't flinch, but also understood that I will lose my deposit if I didn't go through with the deal, for any reason. Sorry about your family situation, life changes. Yes it would've been a wise business move to break their policy and refund you but I'm not sure if they did anything "wrong" by sticking to their deposit policy, if they informed you properly prior to.

I have put in deposits with many dealerships and never have they flinched if and when I requested a refund. This was a disappointing experience for me.

driIve 10-10-2018 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by KOTB (Post 15351170)
they sent me a document via "Docusign" and asked me to sign it on my phone right away because the pre-owned manager has agreed on my price only if i put a deposit instantly, no one mentioned to me that it was "non-refundable", the document apparently mentions that it is "non-refundable" and refers to certain terms and conditions stated behind the document, which I was never provided. I was at a party where I was the host, I had over 100 guests to attend to and they wanted me to sign the document right away so I did and sent them copies of my CC. Regardless of their "policy" this was not verbally disclosed to me and having signed the document under their pressure tactics and without having been provided all the relevant terms and conditions it was not a legitimate document. This would never stand in a court of law, based on my years of legal experience (albeit not in consumer protection laws).

I have put in deposits with many dealerships and never have they flinched if and when I requested a refund. This was a disappointing experience for me.

Yes, I remember I had to ask them verbally if this were non-refundable (as I always do when placing any deposits), and they said yes. They did not offer that important detail up front. I remember because I was surprised I had to place a non refundable deposit just for an offer. Sorry for your experience.